Sonic Drive IN / unfair firing of employee

Sy Review updated:

I just want to complain about the way that my 16 year old daughter was treated at Sonic today.
The manager was trying to make her clean the ceiling inside the building, and because her elbow hasbeen broken from a horse throwing her, and having to undergo surgery on her elbow, she is unable to reach high enough to clean the ceiling, and she is also terrified if heights.
(By the way she was a carhop.) This man fired her even though she told him why she could not perform this job.I think this is very unfair to her, and I think her job should be restored. She had worked there several months, and was doing a great job.

Comments

• Cr
      Aug 29, 2009

Take these ### to court and teach them a lesson they won't forget. Sounds like a

sexual harassment case to me. LITIGATE ON THESE GROUNDS. Tell them she was doing her job and deservesw to be reinstated. Burns me up when young motivated people-good citizens- want to work for a living and instead get the good ole' heave ho for no valid reason.

• Ge
      Feb 11, 2013

It doesn't matter what she works as, if you are told to do a job you do it. I can under stand that she has a bad elbow but she could have used her other arm. Also, is the feet of the ground. This is not a securely harassment charge and I'm sure the manager was confused that she could preform her duties as a car hop caring someone's up to ten pound trays but couldn't clean a ceiling. ..? Can she not clean her room or wash dishes and do other house hold duties as well? Im in fountain and find myself as car hop or drivein once in awhile in the kitchen. A good employee is a versitile employee!!! They hire you for the store not just one position.