Sonic coffee / Scalding Hot Coffee

1 23rd StLawrence, KS, United States Review updated:

I am a chronic coffee drinker who enjoys several cups of coffee daily. Over the years, I have drank all kinds of coffee, and I have spilled a lot of coffee. Today however, while in-town for a doctor appt, I decided to stop at Sonic in Lawrence, KS to order breakfast & a coffee. While transferring the coffee from the foam cup to my insulated mug, some of the coffee spilled over top of my hand, & in I practically jumped out of my seat, it was so hot. My hand turned flaming red & felt like it was on fire. The pain was excruciating. When I got home, I immediately applied aloe gel & an ice pack. I had to keep the ice pack on & off for 5hrs until the burning finally calmed down. I am now left with at least a 1st degree burn over the entire back of my hand & several fingers. I am furious that Sonic could allow it's coffee to be served so hot. After thinking back, I can remember on one other occasion when I visitied the same Sonic & could not drink my coffee for 20 min, because it was too hot & singed the tip of my tongue. Coming from someone who enjoys hot beverages, & can drink freshly poured from the pot coffee, that is pretty bad. There is no reason whatsoever, that any restaurant should serve consumers hot drinks that are 1 degree shy of boiling.

Comments

• Gr
      28th of Apr, 2011

Are you serious?? The last time I checked the coffee was supposed to be really hot
    Plus they cant control it anyway. We have a machine where all we do is press a button and it comes out.
    They cant help how "hot" it is =/ Do what most people do when they get coffee, blow and let it cool off before drinking.

• Ed
      4th of May, 2011

common sense is now uncommon sense.