Sleepys / Chemical smell on 2 mattresses

Cromwell, United States Review updated:
3.75
Phone: 1-860-635-1963
Bought 2 Simmons Beautyrest Balthazar mattresses from Sleepys, both had horrific chemical smells which did not go away. Company extended the 'comfort exchange' to me, but my concern is that I should be able to return product and get my money back, thereby leaving Sleepys entirely. Not sure why both mattresses smell like chemicals yet are supposedly new according to their tags. Something must be wrong somewhere as no product make one sick from its odor. The small print states 'no refunds' and only one comfort exchange. I was given an extra comfort exchange due to this problem, but have to pay the delivery fee. They've got you coming and going it seems.

Comments

Le
  20th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I have the same problem. Bought two (expensive!) Kingsdown mattresses from Sleepy's--they have VERY strong chemical smells. My guess is that it's whatever they use as fire ###ent.

ALSO: these are supposed to be two extra-long twin mattresses but they are 3 inches short of the standard 80". Sleepy's is totally sketchy. I highly recommend purchasing your mattresses elsewhere.
Ma
  15th of Jun, 2010
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Geez..I feel these complaints should do directly to the manufacturer and not Sleepys... Sleepys sells mattress... they dont make them.

The Manufacturers have to make the mattresses Fire [censor]ant and thus the slight chemical smell. It's due to the foams as well... I recommend you guys take the bedding off the mattress and allow them to air out. the smell should disappate in a few days/weeks depending on if it's covered.

But Sleepys shouldnt be responsible for the way the mattress smells. If the mattress smells like cigarettes, the drivers should be to blame... get the picture?

Sleepy's Logo Sleepy's