Having problems with Sleepy's?

Sleepy's reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 13, 2006. The latest review unethical business practices was posted on Nov 8, 2017. The latest complaint warranty policy is not reliable was resolved on Oct 07, 2014. Sleepy's has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 102 reviews. Sleepy's has resolved 53 complaints.

Sleepy's Customer Service Contacts

5409 S Rice Ave.
Houston, Texas
United States - 77081-2737

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Sleepy's Customer Service. Initial Sleepy's complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Sleepy's above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Sleepy's. Discuss the issues you have had with Sleepy's and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Sleepy's Complaints & Reviews

Sleepy's mattressesPoor Quality/Switched Product

NONE of the 3 sleepy's mattresses I purchased held up to the quality I was told I purchased. In fact, the first mattress, bought for my 3 year old at the time, $550 twin national name brand, sunk in the middle after 18 months. She was approx. 25 lbs at the time. They would not return or exchange it because of there was a 4" diameter "water mark", even though the sink hole in the center was obvious. We ended up throwing it out. They said it was the manufacturers warranty, not theirs and the warranty is void with any stain. Were they actually going to reuse defective merchandise?
The second and third mattresses, purchased at Sleepy's 8 years later as a replacements were 1.) an expensive twin top only (no box spring) for $700. In the store manager's words, choosing a "top of the line" mattress, that I inspected carefully in the store for over 30 minutes, checking for sagging on the edges with adult weight, center support, firmness and its chenille pillow top for extra softness. When delivered, it appeared to be the same, however, again within weeks, the center sagged. The inspector came out and determined it needed replacement. My husband sat on the store's mattress and it clearly was not the same as the one that was delivered, even though the exterior was identical. The third mattress, also carefully inspected in the store, sagged in the center and edges after less than 4 months. This mattress is used by a child who is less than 60 lbs. There are bars that actually pop out on the sides. The inspector says that is within this manufactures reasonable wear. Sleepy's suggested to turn it around and it might, "heal itself"! (their words, not mine!) My macy's mattress has been perfect for over 10 years. I hope that others will read this and not waste their time or money getting something delivered that feels much like deception.

Sleepy'sThieves and Liars

On 30 August I ordered 2 sets of split box springs for my 2 queen beds. Sarah, the store rep, told me that all of the Sleepy's computers were down because of the "huge sale - the biggest sales date of the year" and the sheer volume of transactions. She assured me that she would be able to order them for me and would call me that evening. At 9pm that night she called me and told me that she was able to get me both sets of the split box springs for a "great deal" and the price, to include delivery, would be $519.97. She told me that I needed to pay for them via credit card, since this was a phone sale. I asked her why i couldn't pay with a check when they were delivered, but she claimed that option was only available to "store sales". So I gave her my credit card number, and she assured me that the box springs would be delivered on the 1st of September, between the hours of 8am and 9pm. I took the day off of work, and waited at my home for the delivery. I got a call at about noon from the delivery guys - they said they'd be there in about 30 minutes. I was really happy. The delivery guys showed up and brought in the first set of box springs. They were the wrong size - they had brought King-sized box springs. I told them that was wrong - I had ordered 2 sets of queen split box springs. They called the warehouse, and I spoke to a "supervisor", who told me it was a mistake and that they would deliver the correct order the following day. I was upset, but agreed to take another day off of work to await the delivery.
    On the 2nd of September, they called me in the afternoon and said they were on their way. They showed up (same crew as the day before). They brought in the box springs, and they fit the bed perfectly. So far, so good. They asked me to sign the delivery form, and I said - well, where is the other set of box springs? They told me there was only 1 set and that is all I had ordered. I demanded to speak to their supervisor - they told me that wasn't possible. Eventually, I was able to speak to someone from their local office (allegedly). She told me I had only ordered 1 set - a king set. I reiterated that I had ordered 2 sets for 2 queen beds, and that is what I had been charged. She said I had been charged for 1 king box spring. I told her I wanted a refund and I would get my box springs elsewhere. She told me that the cost of a king box spring and the cost of a queen box spring was the same cost - $519.97. I explained to her that I had been sold split box springs for 2 queen beds for @204.99 per set as part of their "great sale". She finally agreed to deliver the other set on Friday, Sep 4th. I took yet another day off to await the delivery. They never showed up. When I called the company, they told me they had no idea what I was talking about - they had already delivered everything I was going to get.
    I have been trying to get this situation resolved, and have not been able to do so. A phone call to Sleepy’s Pentagon City store revealed that the same type of split box springs would cost me from between $200 - $370, depending on which quality I decided upon. And this is their NON-sale, everyday price. We ended up buying the same split box springs from Mattress Discounters for $280 (not on sale).
    I want my money back for the second set of box springs, and I would like them to reimburse me for the delivery charge as well as the 3 days of work I missed. At $64.87 an hour, it cost me $1556.88 in lost wages due to their incompetence.

Sleepy'sNew bed sinks in as deep as a bathtub

We were first time expensive bed buyers and made a terrible mistake shopping at Sleepy's. Their beds are overpriced junk and the salespeople are on commission so you won't get the truth from them.

We paid about $3000 for a mattress. Stupid us. In the store it seemed so comfortable and my fiance was insistent that he wanted a really good bed so I caved on buying it. I was ok with the $200 bed we had. When the bed was delivered, it did not feel like the one in the store did. He is heavy and I am light so the Sleepy's diagnostic machine and the saleslady instructed us to buy a bed with two different sides to it. We tried out the beds in the store but they seemed good.

As soon as we slept on our bed the first night, my side became a big hole that I was sunk into. With both of us in the bed, the hole was very deep. I felt like I was sleeping in a hammock or a bathtub. My side of the bed simply could not support his weight even though he was on his side. It sunk just from having a heavy person weighing down the firmer side. Because of the hole, I kept ending up in the middle of the hole and being crushed by him as the deep hole caused both of us to progressively slide toward the middle of the bed. Please imagine the back pain and muscle pains for a 120 pound person sleeping night after night in a 'hammock' with a 235 pound person. In order not to be crushed all the time, I started trying to sleep on the far edge of the bed with my knee hanging off the side to try not to roll into the middle of the bed and thus end up in the hole underneath him. Finally, I argued with him about letting me sleep on the hard side of the bed and him sleep on the soft side so that I could have a fighting chance to stay out of the hole and thus not be crushed.

We called and complained to Sleepy's. After two weeks, an inspector came out. All the inspectors do is measure the bed dimensions and then measure how deep the hole in the bed is when noone is in it. That is ridiculous. What does it matter how deep it sinks with no one in it!!! The hole is at least one foot deep with someone in the bed! Luckily (by the way, if this happens to you, think about making your own luck), the hole was sufficiently deep with no one in the bed that after 3 weeks or so, Sleepy's contacted us and said they determined that the bed is defective.

Now we have a store credit at Sleepy's for a crappy expensive bed. We certainly don't want another one of those beds so we will end up having to buy a cheaper bed there and then some other junk that we don't need. What a rip off.

Do yourself a favor and don't buy a bed at Sleepy's. They are ridiculously overpriced and they are complete junk. You will regret wasting your money on their garbage products. By the way, our $200 bed from Walmart was soooo much more comfortable than the $3000 piece of garbage we bought at Sleepy's.

• Cathy Sable Dec 16, 2009

Hello, my name is Cathy from Sleepy’s Customer Service Department.

Sleepy’s strives for 100% complete customer satisfaction and appreciates when a consumer takes the time to inform us of how we might improve our organization and better serve our valued customers. We want to maintain your trust and loyalty; therefore, please contact me directly at [email protected] and reference the customer code on your purchase invoice, so I may provide you with some assistance.

Sincerely,

Cathy Sable

Sleepy’s, LLC

Sleepy's — Scam - order entered wrong in computer to get exchange fee from customer

Do not get caught in the scam by the Herndon Sleepy's store like I did. It's just a way for them to...

Sleepy's Gainesville VANot the mattress I purchased

My major concern was getting a soft comfortable mattress. I can't sleep on a hard bed. I toss and turn in misery all night long. On vacations, I have had to sleep on things like pool floats and the cushion from chaise lounges because I could not tolerate the mattresses. I made this very clear to the salesman, this was my priority.

The salesman, Jeff, pushed me away from the more reasonably priced mattresses to the expensive ones that have the different "color" choices of hardness. Here they call it "Sleep to Live" mattress, it looks like the call it something else other places, as I see at least one other person has pretty much the same complaint. He got a red/red bed, the hardest of all. Anyway, it was just like buying a used car - "I'll throw in this, I'll discount that", "Let me run some numbers"...

So I made my selection after about 2 hours of testing the different price mattresses and the different color hardness options. I was stupid enough to think that I could have a soft half and my husband could have a more firm side. I was going to be paying $1500, twice the money I had intended to spend. But I was led to believe this wonderful bed with the great warranty would be so very nice for me, what a [censored] I am.

When we sat down at the desk, he again said something about how happy I was going to be. I said, "If I'm not, I will be coming back". It was at this time, he told me about the no return policy and the $250 exchange fee - for a more expensive bed only. I thought, "That's incredibly wrong" and I should walk out. Trust your instincts, folks, they are usually right. But I'd wasted all that time and I had a deadline to get my bed situation settled. I thought about how much time I'd spent on the showroom beds and I'd made a good choice. I'd be happy. Those policies would not apply.

The mattress was delivered the next day. The 2 men did not speak English, did not know how to put together the frame pieces to fit to my headboard and did not have the proper tools. I had to show them how it was supposed to fit together and go get my own wrench. They were going to finger-tighten the bolts that were going to hold my bed frame together!

That night, I made up the bed and hopped in, ready to enjoy my lovely new bed. It took no more than 10 seconds to realize this was not the firmness of mattress I'd ordered. The tags at the base said "green" and "blue", but the sides were identically hard. I tried to sleep in the bed, but I was so uncomfortable. At about 3 am, I had to resort to my old bed to get a couple of hours sleep before I had to report in for work.

The next day, I called and asked for my salesman Jeff. A woman said he wasn't there, but she'd be happy to help me. When she realized I had a complaint, she blew me off to 1-800-SLEEPYS customer service. The woman I spoke to there was absolutely no help. She gave me what seems to be the party line, "You have to sleep on it long enough to let your body get used to a new mattress", "you have to break it in, it's a brand new bed from the warehouse", "lots of people have been laying on the beds in the showroom, so they are much softer", etc. She said I would have to speak with my salesman.

The day after that, today, I was able to speak with Jeff. I said this is not the bed I chose. He parroted those points listed above over and over. I recounted that I cannot "get used" to a hard mattress. Jeff said he had told me I'd have 21 days to decide if I liked the bed, which is true. He said he told me that the bed would need to be broken in, which is not true. I told him, "If you had said that, I would have replied, 'So the quality of your beds is so poor that they are significantly different in 21 days'?"

He tried to compare the situation to buying a pair of shoes, how you have to break them in. I said that if I don't like a pair of shoes in the showroom, I don't buy them and when I do buy, they are the exact ones that I have tried on. So we went around and around like that. "You have to give it a chance" ->-> "I can't tolerate it" ->-> "Let's be honest here, it's a brand new bed. It's going to take time to become like the one in the showroom" ->-> "There's no way I can sleep on this bed".

Jeff said in 21 days I could decide to exchange the bed for a more expensive one and the $250 fee would apply (Not to mention whatever it would cost me to get a truck to bring the mattress set back, etc etc.) "It just doesn't make any sense to exchange it now. My boss won't let me. I'll make a note that you can have 60 days to get used to it". I had said the $250 is bogus and right now, it's still a brand new bed.

Bottom line, I feel Sleepy's via Jeff has misrepresented the product. This looks very much to be a bait and switch tactic. It is obvious that this is not the first time the question has come up based upon the pat answers I have received. It is my own fault that I was dumb enough to be pushed to an expensive mattress I really can't afford, but that's not my complaint. If I had the nice soft bed I thought I'd purchased, I would work it out and not be complaining. But you see, I could have paid about a thousand dollars less for a horrible bed that I hate.

Sleepy'sAwful company

On August 2 we went to a Sleepys store in Rt 70 Marlton to purchase two mattresses for our daughters bunk bed. The sales person or in this case, manager, offered us a mattress for my wife and I, that was in clearance at the Voorhees NJ location. We had to go there anyway to pick up one of the girls mattresses we had purchased. We tried a Queen size Stearn and Foster mattress that was originally priced at $4, 4000. It felt fine at the store. The salesperson assured us there was nothing wrong with the Mattress. That it was removed to make space for another model mattress and that that was the reason that it was on clearance. He was very convincing and we trusted his word so we went ahead and purchased this bed set.

Unfortunately after several weeks we noticed this bed to be warped. I called this sales person several times within the first month to let him know the mattress had serious problems with sunken areas that made us sleep either in a slant or far from each other. It has been a real nightmare with severe pain in the back and leg for both of us. I have been taking painkillers and my wife has been sleeping with our daughter, since the other mattress we purchased was fine. Finally when the sales person answered one of my phone calls, he had moved to the north near Newark. He tells me that when he called corporate or customer service they almost yelled at him, asking him why is he calling them. I don’t see any effort at all to correct this. I am aware that this mattress was bought as a clearance but we are going through hell with this and we cannot believe Sleepys isn’t willing to do anything.

After not receiving any response from the salesperson we decided on sending an email to their customer service. I received a call from a person in this department. In order to offset the situation he offered an employees discount. I went to Sleepys on Rt.38 in the shopping center, September 20th. I spoke to the sales person there, who just happened to be in the store when we made the original purchase in August. He offered me a bed that was on sale, a back saver pillow top. It was on sale for $599. This is the price that is being offered for anyone that would walk in the store. I have spent $1, 300 and a lot of painful, sleepless nights to go to Sleepys and spend another $600 on a bed any other customer, not an employee but any customer can get. If the discount for employees is 40% I expect this employee discount that was offered to me by customer service to be applied to this particular bed that was offered by the store salesperson. This would mean the bed would cost $360.00. Just think after all is said and done we will be paying a total of $1, 660 for a bed that is worth $600 to the general public. Besides this, we would be stuck with a worthless bed. The salesperson from this store, told me to call customer service about this again, since he cannot do anything about it. I did get in touch with customer service and they say that this is the discount they can apply. I cannot see that a company as large as Sleepys cannot exchange a bed that is clearly defective and that was dropped on us. We are still hoping to get some response; in the meantime we are having a hard time sleeping comfortably.

I just read a story very similar to ours in your website. I think there is a trend that needs to be stopped for the consumers sake.

• Ta
              tarchyk Feb 24, 2010

This is the trap that Sleepy's have: when you buy tempurpedic they give you a "free" gift two pillows, teddy bear, and sheets. Sound like a good deal, right?

WRONG!!!

When you for some reason decide to return your mattress even under a free trial (which is honored by other stores, but not Sleepy's) you will find out that pillows are not returnable. You would think: what the heck, I did not buy them, they were free, right? WRONG again!!!
              According to Sleepy's customer service you will pay $500 for your free gift that they gave you!!! How do you like to be ripped off like that?

ABSOLUTELY DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH SLEEPY'S !!! PERIOD!!!

SCAM !!! RIP OFF !!!

• Cathy Sable Feb 18, 2010

Vttgl101,
              My name is Cathy from Sleepy's Customer Care. Please reach out to me via email at [email protected] to discuss the complications you have had wtih our organization. I would like to address and resolve with you.

I look forward to your response.

Cathy

• Vt
              vttgl101 Jan 31, 2010

TO: ALL SLEEPY'S CONSUMERS WHO HAVE BEEN SWINDLED

PLEASE FILE YOUR COMPLAINTS WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE OF YOUR STATE. THEY OFFER A LEGAL PROCESS TO HELP YOU NEGOTIATE WHAT SHOULD BE A FAIR AND EQUITABLE SOLUTION.

DON'T DELAY...WRITE TO YOUR ATTORNEY GENERAL.

• Valerie Nov 11, 2008

I agree with Jess's comments 100% Sleepy's cares about 1 thing $$$$ not people, not people lives but $$$ they claim financial hardships but the number of deliveries are the same? Hmmm doesn't make much sense does it.

They enjoy 'laying people off' if there is a slow week for them what sweet hearts. but wait they will hire you back if it picks up again! Lets not forget how everyone busted their ### for them during the tax free/back to school months where employees couldn't even take a break it was so busy.

Apparently the extra millions they brought in from that month couldn't hold them over for a couple slower then usual months. They should be happy to find employees that put up with their low pay, crappy hours and endless expectations and not try and cut a dollar out every time they find the opportunity to do so.

One more thing sleepy's next time you start your little 'cuts' start with the employees that were the last hired even if you do hangout with them out of work... THANKS!

Jaden Oct 25, 2008

You can get unemployment. Just file and tell them what you wrote on here. They are a real shoddy operation. They treat their employees like crap.
              No heart, big fat man in charge is making more money than any human being should. Fat ### pig that he is.

• Valerie Sep 15, 2008

Sleepy's is having financial difficulties in this hard economy. Apparently charging too much for merchandise still isn't enough to keep their heads above water. They have terminated all of their store assistants (hourly employees) by claiming the position was never meant to be a long-term position. They now are claiming that the job position of assistant was meant to transition to the full sales positions in the company... when in reality they needed to cut costs so they got rid of many hard working people.

I was with the company for two years as a hard worker and was then told a completely bull excuse of why I was being terminated, with no notice at all, from my job. Since NY is an 'at will' state for hire and fire I have no legal recourse. I guess they can change the terms of someones employment or position whenever they want. Sleepy's is hurting and this is their way of cutting expenses. Sad.

Sleepy's — Dishonest sales tactics, poor customer service

I went to Sleepy's on 8/23/09 to check out their mattress protectors. I wanted to get something to...

Sleepy'sTerrible service

We bought a Sealy’s Plush Gentle Tide bed that is supposed to have a 10 year warranty on it. The bed started sinking in the middle within 6 months but at first it was not affecting us but several months later it started to affect our sleep and was making a loud squeaking noise. We went into a Sleepy’s store about and the representative told us on worries we have a 10 year warranty on the bed. At the time we were going through our own personal situation so once things calmed down we contacted Sleepy’s customer service and had someone come out to assess our bed.

The man came to evaluate our bed and said it was sinking and the sound was coming from the sinking mattress. He wrote up his report and concluded that we need a new mattress. So they send us a credit for the mattress only. Our only option was to exchange the bed for a new one as there was no mattress with in their credit price.

When we called about the exchange we were informed we had to pay a deliver cost of almost $90, for their defective product. We were able to get them bring the price down to $55. The delivery guys come in with an attitude problem; they throw our mattress onto the ground and hold it up to the window. He starts inspecting the mattress and finds one small not visual to the eye yellow discoloration on the mattress. He says needs to call Sleepy’s about this problem; I said what problem are you talking about? He just walks out of our apartment. Sleepy’s immediate calls our phone. They proceed to tell me that they can not take the mattress back due what they called a blemish. I told him the inspector found no stains and said it was a faulty bed that started sinking. The supervisor Jerome Jones in the Delivery Department said there was nothing he could do about it. I said this man came in looking for a problem; he did not inspect it for the fault he just threw it on the ground looking for any problem he could find.

We have had a mattress cover on the mattress since day one, there is no way we could have caused a stain. Maybe the stain came from the sweaty delivery guys that delivered initially or the inspector who took it off the box spring and put it on the floor. So now we wasted our value time to deal with a company that never intended on exchanging their faulty product. I have had two other Sealy beds and not one of them ever sank, this is an obvious defect. We spent good money to have a well known brand that was backed by a warranty and quality products. Instead we endured the worst customer service in America, I sometimes wonder if this is a foreign company because it has no customer service. And the only reason they keep expanding and profiting is because they are selling faulty, already used, cheap beds at extremely inflated price. They have no regard for the consumer, so do not fall for their conniving sales people because once there is a problem they will not be so nice.

angry_customer99 Aug 07, 2011

I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM NOW WITH SLEEPYS! ALLEGED STAIN and would not honor warranty. What avenues ddi you take to resolve. I spent $1800 and the mattress is only 5 years old. HELP!

• Ne
                neilfe Jul 24, 2009

they pulled the same scam on me - luckily - i had purchased a mattress cover that guaranteed against stains - and sleepys made me go thru the mattress cover company for the refund - but just like you - the bed "sunk" and was obviously defective

Sleepys is a completely dis-reputable company - lots of other places to deal with for the same pice

Sleepys/miralux Mattress — return policy

We spent $2400 on a king Miralux mattress (luxury) (including delivery and tax) and it felt comfortable in...

Sleepy's — SAGGY EXPENSIVE MATTRESS

In July 2007, my husband and I were in the market for a very nice mattress. We wanted something super...

Sleepy'sReturn Issue

We purchased a mattress from Sleepy's on May 25, 2009 and were dissatisfied due to the fact that the mattress was not what Sleepy's claimed it to be. It is a Dormia PostureTemp Memory Foam mattress that was supposed to alleviate back pain which both my spouse and I suffer from based on a disc problem for myself and my wife's pregnancy. We contacted Sleepy's to exchange the item for another and we tried to abide by Sleepy's "Comfort Exchange Policy". They quoted us a reasonable price which they did not hold to. When it came down to the final price they wanted to charge us an extra $600 dollars for a mattress that was less expensive than the one we were trying to return. Sleepy's not only lied about pricing, but they did not provide adequate customer service, or hold to the implied warranty that the product would do as they claimed.

We have paid for a mattress that we cannot use therefore we are out $1000.00. Sleepy's will not exchange the mattress without an extra $600 charge. If we are to buy another mattress we would have to pay to have this mattress moved and/or stored. My wife and I are both suffering increased back pain due to this new mattress that is supposed to alleviate back pain.

SLEEPYS Aug 04, 2009

Good afternoon, my name is Melissa and I am a Customer Relations Representative at Sleepy’s LLC. It has been brought to our attention that you filed a complaint online and we would like to offer assistance to you. I understand this is a public website and ask that you contact me directly at [email protected] and provide your account information so we may further address your situation.

We look forward to hearing from you, so we may expedite resolution to your situation.

Regards,

Melissa
                  Sleepy’s LLC

• Th
                  The Real Mattress Pro Jun 23, 2009

Sell your mattress on craigslist, go to a reputable store like macys or a local mattress store that does not work on commission. They will treat you fairly and will not only care about themselves.
                  The Real Mattress Pro

MattressAnswer Man Jun 06, 2009

see this blog post before you shop Sleepy's http://mattressanswerman.com/2009/03/01/sleepys-complaints/

• Pa
                  Paul Mar 27, 2009

Sleepy's Trexlertown, PA is a total rip-off business. They sold my senior citizen in-laws a $1, 200 mattress that was so foul smelling that the smell could not be removed by any means! When contacted regarding the smell, the customer service people were rude, inconsiderate and completely uncaring. They told these folks to air out the mattress because all new products have an odor for up to a month. Right - the odor actually permeated into curtains of the bedroom, the furniture on the enclosed porch to which the product was removed and was even desirable from outside the home!

When contacting the Sleepy's location for a solution to this problem, my in-laws were told they had to be patient. Sleepy's then offered to sell these 75 year-olds another mattress to replace the offensive product, charge them for pick-up and removal of the stench filled King Koil product that they had just charged them to deliver or nothing!

Repeated calls for assistance were futile. We were treated in an extremely condescending manner, told that the problem was ours and did not receive return phone calls that were promised. Customer service was actually customer disservice.

Contacting the local Chamber of Commerce resulted in an explanation that this vendor was well known as a problem location. The chamber recommended contacting the Better Business Bureau to file a complaint. The BBB told my in-laws that this location had so many complaints that another one was meaningless!

Meanwhile, the mattress - now on the back porch - filled the house with stench, caused my ailing mothe-in-law to require medical intervention and left these poor souls with no recourse but to purchase another product from another vendor.

Not wanting to see others suffer through a situation like my in-laws were subjected to, I would counsel anyone and everyone to avoid Sleepy's Trexlertown like the plague. If people refused to patronize this awful establishment, the vendor would have to change, become more ethical and give some consideration to his customers.

Sleepys Mattresssleazy salesmen

Please be careful when you shop at Sleepys. The salesmen are very unethical. Yesterday, I went in-store to look for a queen mattress and was misled and then, after making a phone complaint, was cheated by the phone representative. When I first arrived at the store, the salesman was very nice and helpful. He helped me figure out my sleep comfort level and answered all my questions while I tested a number of beds. All was well. I narrowed the beds down to my favorite one, but was not ready to commit to it. He told me that he would hold the price quote for me for 30 days. I said okay and gave him my ID when he asked. He asked me if I would consider refinancing and I said yes. He said he would do a credit check for me to see how much I would be eligible. I felt strange that he would ask me all these questions because all I wanted was for him to hold the price. I even said, "It almost feels like I am buying it." He laughed. Then, he printed out the invoice with the mattress set and delivery date! I was horrified and told him there was a misunderstanding and that I was not ready to make the purchase. He said he could not cancel it and that I had to call Sleepys.

Okay, I called Sleepys. I told the representative my story and he immediately said that he could give me a "discount." I said okay. The price I was supposed to pay was $1100. He told me that he had just lowered it to $756. I could not believe it and asked him again and again: "And this is for everything on my invoice?" He said, "Yes, including delivery and taxes." I could not believe it, and must have asked him 3 times. But in the end, I agreed to take it. It was too good to be true.

And it was, haha, because this morning I checked my email for invoice that he had re-written. The reason why the price was so low was because he had removed the box spring from the set!!! He was going to deliver the "queen mattress set" to me without a box spring!

Talk about sleazy salesmen. They do not care about you as a human being, and are out to manipulate you and swindle you out of your money. I am very glad that I caught him before the bed was delivered.

I will call to cancel the bed immediately.

• Da
                    dawn1212 May 11, 2012

i just have a bad taste in my mouth. i was dealing with a sales men that was related to a dear friend of mine. Was so nice and informative about about the mattresses. i was willing to refinance for a clearance mattress. I told the salesman to call me when the mattress was available.from that point things went wrong. i had his cell number and was callin him and texting him and he and he did not answer. called my friend he even called hm .no answer. next day in afternoon he text me everything is done when do u want it. i text what is done . i don't no the cost i don't no what i just purchased. you have not text or call me with anything, told him this was not business edicate and i was not impressed with this kinda service. He text me back. that he does not need this kind of attitude. that he was doing me a favor because he is not making any money off of my sale and that he didn't have deal with my attitude. and that i can take my refinancing to another sleepy store. i have to be honest with you guys. i was so enraged that i could of jump in my car went to that store and showed him so attitude all up side his head. but i show him better than i can tell him. i have the gift of writing. and i will write and tell all that will listen. its so sad. by they way his name is john. didnt

noble49 Jun 22, 2010

LUMP IN CENTER OF BED MATTRESS

• Br
                    Broken back Jun 22, 2009

I purchased a Kingsdown mattress from Sleepys. I complained within 6 months that it was sagging on the side. It was inspected and found that the sag is only one inch and must be one and a half inches in order to be warranteed. They have screwed with the wrong guy. I intend to:
                    1. Complain in writing to Kingsdown
                    2. Complain in writing to the Attorney General and the Department of consumer protection.
                    3. Sue them (both Sleepys and Kingsdown) in small claims court.
                    4 Write to the Consumer advocate at the Hartford Courant.
                    5. Write to 60 minutes.
                    And any thing else that I may think of to make them miserable. I just retired and Sleepys is my new hobby. After 25 years of arresting sleazeballs, I find a new one under a corporate logo.
                    Buy from Sleepys and get comfortably screwed.

oops, wrong post.

Sleazy Sleepys May 31, 2009

I had a bad experience with them as well!

Sleazy Sleepys May 31, 2009

WATCH OUT FOR SLEEPYS' DECEPTIVE SALES TACTICS!

Sleepy's mattressessold defective mattress, won't honor warranty

Not only would I stay away from Miralux mattresses, I also would stay far away from Sleepy's. This company is dishonest and does not stand behind the products they sell. It seems there's a Sleepy's on every corner, with heavy advertising everywhere you look. My guess is they play a numbers game and don't give a damn after they make the sale. My advise is go to a major, reputable department store. After giving away our 5 month old, crapy miralux, & out of pocket over $1000, we ended up going to Nordstrom and purchased the Westin "Heavenly Bed" and I must say, we finally can get a good nights' sleep. What a dream! Sleepy's needs to be put out of business.

• Da
                      danal Jan 30, 2010

same experiences, with 3 different mattress choices. Will be replacing all mattresses with Macy's.

SleepysHad a zero balance and they stilled billed me and called the collections comapny. RUDE MANAGERS

I need to advise ALL of the robbery in which Sleepys has caused me. I bought a mattress in November of 2008. After a day of realizing that the mattress delivered to me was hard as a ROCK and not the one that I tried at the department store showroom, I requested that I exchange it immediately. I went to the store and the "Manager on duty" advised me that I need to purchase a more expensive bed. After several discussions on why I needed to purchase another mattress when the one that I initially tried out was great and the one that was delivered to me was not the same one...the conversation was going no where. I had just moved to my new apartment and needed a bed to sleep in. When I purchased my first mattress I had a $180 balance. Within the week when I purchased the other new mattress and I paid the FULL balance including the total price of the new mattress. After 6 months of purchase, Sleepys had the nerve to forward my account info to a BILL COLLECTOR. I called and called the management offices to state that I have receipts showing that I paid ALL in full and I have a receipt with a ZERO balance to show. NO ONE called me back for over a month. I’ve called their corporate offices and the manager was just ruder than the store managers. This matter has now been sent to my lawyers. My credit has possibilities of being effected if not already. PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR STATEMNETS!!! SLEEPYS ARE ROBBING YOU!!!

Sleepy'sDishonest crooks

I bought a box spring and frame from Sleepy's in Vails Gate, NY and less than 3 months later the thing collapsed under normal use. It is clearly defective with a bulge sticking out the bottom from a weak supporting rail. They sent out their representative who took pictures and they said the manufacturer's report showed no defect and that there was a stain on the box spring anyway so they could not exchange it. There was no stain. They are lying. The product is clearly defective and they refuse to stand behind their product. I was ripped off plain and simple. Sleepy's is a criminal organization selling inferior, defective products to the public and then refusing to support those products. Their customer service is a bunch of nasty, evil, obnoxious people who are trained to blow people off and provide no service whatsoever. AVOID SLEEPYS!! DON'T THROW YOUR MONEY AWAY!! THEY ARE DISHONEST CROOKS!

MADATSLEEPY'S Feb 19, 2010

everyone and i mean everyone who has a complaint needs to go the Better Business Burea, the only way Sleepy's will face reaL CONSEQUENCES and worry about customers isa if their pockets begin to get affected.

Sleepy's — Terrible company

It is VERY clear in all of my warranty paperwork that an body impression greater than 1.5' in a mattre...

Sleepy's mattresseswon't exchange defective mattress

We've lost all confidence in Sleepy's. We tried their 'diagnostic' bed which was supposed to indicate the best mattress for us. Instead of giving us what we asked for, (we wanted something similar to hotel quality like Hilton, Homewood Suites, or Sheraton), we were pushed to the Miralux. What a piece of crap. It's nothing like what we tried in the store. We had someone come out to inspect the mattress and later received a B.S. call that they found nothing wrong. They call it a 'comfort issue'. We are not heavy people and this mattress makes us feel like we're sliding downhill toward the center into the abyss! The mattress had an original price tag of $2599, but they were selling it for 1700. After changing our minds, the salesman on the phone lowered the price to $1000 including tax and delivery. I tell you, this mattress isn't worth even $100. Sleepy’s will do nothing to remedy the problem except to sell us another mattress at inflated retail list prices. We are out of luck, our backs are aching and will have to kiss our $1000 goodbye and will go to a major, reputable department store to buy a name brand mattress. No more Sleepy's and no more crapy Miralux for us. I only wish I had checked online first, to read all the negative feedback on Sleepy's and Miralux mattresses.

Sleepy's/PostureTemp Elite Mattress — Dips

Salesman talked us into a soft, expensive mattress (a queen sized PostureTemp Elite) - memory foam type...

Washington

Sleepy'sFraud and cheating

I was wavering on whether to buy this bed, but my wife really wanted it. The salesperson said he could defer payments for a year, and he would somehow build any finance charge back into the price - he made it sound like he was taking money off, but he didn't.

Then without notice or any mailings, I get a phone call that I had been turned over to a credit collection agency, and they had filed on my credit report. Even though I immediately sent them a bunch of money (after chewing them out) they said they 'withdrew' the promotion and now have the original full price of the bed, but at 29.99 percent interest. By the way, Sleepy's is a wholly-owned subsidiary of GE finance, so the real business here apparently is credit card scams. Now I have to find a way to get some other money to pay these jerks off. Worst experience of my life, and I'm not that happy with the bed.

You would be crazy to deal with these people. They are scam artists.

• We
                              WesleyJN1975 Nov 04, 2010

I used to work for Sleepy's and even though they are a really crappy company they are NOT owned by GE. They are owned by a little old dictator down in Boca Raton, FL named Harry Acker.

Sleepy's Mattress StoresFraud and cheating

We bought a California king mattress (serta sleeper) from sleepy's 3 years ago. About a year ago we noticed that the bed started to sink down (in different spots).

I finally went to sleepy's told them what happened to the mattress. They sent out an independent contractor to take pictures of the mattress, box spring. When the guy was taking pictures he said that the mattress has to at least sink down 1 1/2 inches and ours sinks down 2 1/2 inches. He also stated that in suffolk county alone he visits about 40 homes a week with the same problem we have.

Sleepy's called me to tell me we voided our 10 year warrenty since we went out and purchased a bedroom set and did not leave the mattress and box spring on the original metal bed frame. The frame we have is a beautiful sleigh bed, solid wood much sturdier then the metal frame.

I believe that sleepy's should have told use when we bought the bed that you have to leave the mattress on the metal frame. The salesman knew we were going to look to get a bedroom set in a California king. He should have told us then that we would void the warrenty!