Having problems with Sleepy's?

5409 S Rice Ave.
Houston, Texas
United States - 77081-2737

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Sleepy's.

Complaints & Reviews

Sleepy's — Terrible Mattress!

I am really upset with my mattress but more so with Sleepy's. I bought it from Sleepy's in 2011 -...

Sleepys — Rude salesman

I went to sleepys to get a mattress with my mom and sister. The salesman started talking to us about hi...

Sleepy's - Miralux Mattress — Warranty not honored

We purchased a bed from Sleepy's in October of 2007. We paid over $3300. for a king. We were given one...

Sleepy's - SertaNo response to my complaint

This is actually the SECOND time I have had a Sleepy's problem. 1 1/2 years ago, bought a king mattress and box set from local Sleepy's. Within ONE YEAR, it started to sag and cause us problems. Name brand Sealy set. They came out quickly and said mattress was defective, BUT tech also made NUMEROUS comments about my housekeeping, claimed the thing was 'filthy' etc. I figured they were trying to wiggle out. Got full credit, and went down to local store to pick out new set. Found a VERY nice foam Serta set, which was on sale, and bought it. Now the problems start - they claim they have it, then hey don't have it, say it's going to get delivered on such and such day, they never show, then say it was not scheduled, even though I have it in writing. In this, the price of the set keep changing too, and they try to have it MUCH cheaper, and throw in sheet sets, get that straightened out, and set finally gets delivered. What shows up is a FILTHY, STAINED MATTRESS THAT LOOKS LIKE IT WENT THROUGH A FLOOD OR WAS USED BY SOMEONE WHO PEED ON IT! We refuse, go round and round, finally they agree to give us pillows, sheets, and a new set. Again try to make the sales slip say that we paid for pillows and sheets and mattress set is cheaper, I refuse, saying if we ever have a problem in the future, now they are going to only give me credit for half of what I actually paid in the first place! Finally get it all straightened out, and get set delivered, and I want to say, this Serta foal set is WONDERFUL. So, last week or so, hubby says something about him rolling uphill to the center of the bed. I strait checking parts of mattress, and all places where me, THE DOG, and hubby sleep, may be kind of level with the entire mattress, but you can stick your finger in them like it's fluff, where the rest of the mattress where we don't' sleep is more firm. So I call Serta direct, and they say this is NOT right. And they can NOT find the model mattress we have and ask if it's theirs. HMMMMM. I call Sleepy's, and say I want this looked into, and someone to check out the bed and why it's soft in some places and firm in others. I am told that customer service will contact me in 24 to 48 hours. It is now 6 days later and NO ONE from Sleepy's has returned my call. I think it's time to STOP dealing with them, and start dealing with either the courts or BBB, or someone. NEVER again!

• Sl
      Sleepy's Jan 14, 2014

Liz - I am so sorry that we did not meet the expectation of returning your call within 24-48 hours. I would like to discuss this further with you and ask that you contact me at [protected]@mattress.com and I will be sure that we contact you.

Sleepy's -king Size ArianaExtremely Poor customer service

We purchased a King Size Mattress for almost $ 4, 000 from Sleepys in May 2013 (just 7 months ago). The Salesman said there will be no problems - we can exchange at any time-we learned pretty quickly that this is not the case.
    My wife has now experienced severe back problems and a pinched nerve by sleeping on this mattrass . She has been doing physio-therapy and is under medication. A Sleepys Technician inspected the mattrass and found that there is a 1/4 inch depression in the mattrass (he also said that this mattrass has air pockets) but the company is refusing to do anything as they say that the manufacturer of the mattrass has to see a 1/2 inch depression to agree to an exchange.
    The mattrass has deep drains and holes, and the only way to sleep on this mattrass is by settling into these depressions. It is a shame that you pay so much for a mattrass and then one cannot be comfortable on it.
    Do not purchase from this company, they claim to be a mattrass company but in fact is just another marketing company, they do not want to take responsibility for what they sell and come up with the manufacturer's rules.
    I hope a sleepy's representative will contact me regarding this problem as I am terribly frustrated with this purchase.

Sleepy's Mattress ProfessionalsWrong Mattress, Deceptive Ad, Salespeople

I'm not a complainer; I'm willing to give anyone the benefit of the doubt. But this has been, hands-down, the worst retail experience I've ever had. Here's the story: needed a new mattress. Went to Sleepy's in Hazleton, despite some scary reviews about customer service. Tried a bunch of mattress, there was one on sale that was quite soft and such a heavy discount, we couldn't resist. Website said they had a score card that didn't require a credit check- I asked for that. Found out later that I was given the one that did require a credit check.
      Approved for 2000, got mattress and had to pay extra to get boxsprings and mattress cover for the warranty. Was lied to about price of the boxsprings- we had to get a split box spring- salesgirl told us it would cost $100 extra- what she didn't say was that it was $100 extra for EACH BOXSPRING, so it was $300 more. Had to pay for delivery. Told that we could return the mattress within three weeks if we weren't satisfied.
      We weren't satisfied. The mattress was delivered, and it was not even remotely the same. It looked the same, but it was hard as a rock. The VSN numbers and everything matched up, but it was NOT the same mattress. We need our mattresses to be VERY soft. The one in the show room was; the one we received was like sleeping on a board with a thin pillowtop. Called Sleepy's the same day, and was told by Tony that of course they weren't going to try to cheat us; they wanted us to be customers for life and be totally satisfied, so we should come up to the store the next day and pick out a new mattress, they would compensate us for our trouble.
      Drove an hour to Hazleton the next day after not sleeping at all and waking up in pain. Met by the rudest salesperson ever. Don't know his name, but he is an older guy, maybe 60's, and the most arrogant jerk ever. Told us it couldn't be the mattress; it was us. But if it was the mattress, it was totally against all statistics. (He liked to spout off useless facts in an arrogant tone of voice instead of actually listening or trying to help us.) Told him it was not the same (after laying on the correct one again to make sure), and that we could not continue to use the mattress we had received- I was in severe pain. Instead of helping us pick a new one, he insisted we should just call customer service (he wouldn't do it) and get it swapped for another of the same, in case it was a factory error. He refused to help us. Confused and stunned, we left the store after half an hour of his BS, and I started crying. My husband got ticked.
      He went back in and literally told the guy "This is what you're gonna do. We want that mattress over there instead. If they bring the mattress and it's another hard one, we'll have to wait another couple weeks until you can deliver to our area again. We can't risk that. Do whatever you have to do to make this happen." The guy kept arguing throughout the night; my husband literally had to force the condescending jerk to help us several times. He almost had to threaten him, it was bizarre; I've never encountered someone like that in customer service. He should be fired immediately.
      Anyway, we picked out another mattress, slightly more expensive, but great. The guy started to work out the financing (after complaining, sighing and making us feel like dirt for bothering him.) We were supposed to get compensated, per Tony. Nope. They wanted to charge us $250 for disposal of the old and delivery of the new mattress. We said we would get just the mattress and no boxsprings. It still came to almost $800 more, even though the mattress itself was only $500 more than our first one.
      We asked if we could return the headboard we had gotten, because it was still unopened and in original box. They refused. We asked if we could get more credit- on the store card, which supposedly didn't require credit check. Denied. So my husband applied, even though his credit isn't great. Denied. So I tried to extend my line of credit. Denied. We asked if there was any way we could just have the floor model of the first mattress, since we knew it was what we liked. Denied. The guy kept insisting we just exchange for another of the same mattress and give it a few months. (Probably so the 21-day satisfaction "guarantee" joke time period would pass.)
      Incidentally, I found out that two other mattresses in the same Simmons series were mislabeled (firm vs. plush). I tried to inform him. He argued with me, so I insisted he come over there and sit on them himself if he didn't believe me. When he check the tags, they didn't match the store's labels, so he begrudgingly admitted I was right, but said the other mattress number was still correct. (Which it is, and it matches ours, but they are NOT the same.)
      So now, we are stuck with a rock hard mattress; I haven't slept since we received it. They are delivering another one (not for 4 days, though- next day delivery is falsely advertised there, just like the "no credit needed" poster in the window) but I am not hopeful. I am concerned that the one in the showroom may be the one that was incorrectly tagged by the factory, and there will be absolutely nothing we can do, short of forcing someone from Simmons to go to the showroom, drag our mattress there, and have them compare.
      This is the biggest nightmare I have ever experienced with a store (and we have had some doozies!) We cannot get a cash refund to take our business elsewhere; Sleepy's blames Simmons for the discrepancy. I'm sure Simmons will say it was Sleepy's responsibility. We have to pay thousands of dollars for a mattress we HATE while I sleep on a recliner. The salesman made us feel lower than dirt (although to be fair, he was really arrogant and rude to everyone he talked to on the phone while we were there as well, including people at corporate, etc...). I wish I knew if we had any other options, but he literally refused to try to help us in any way; we had to force him to do what little he did.
      Sleepy's could have had customers for life- we buy a new mattress every five years or so, and were eventually planning to work up to the highest quality adjustable-bed and mattress they carried. We are very brand-loyal people when we have a good experience. Instead, I will tell everyone I meet NEVER to go to Sleepy's, and as soon as we pay off this mattress, we will head to Mattress Warehouse, where the salesman we talked to was kind, helpful, friendly and HONEST.
      In the meantime, I get to look forward to sleepless nights, and spending more money on trying to find a mattress topper that will keep my back, knees and neck from hurting. I've never been so angry (but it could be the sleep deprivation talking.) I will do everything I can in the future to ensure that Sleepy's loses as much business as possible.

Sleepys — Not Honoring warranty

I purchased a Miralux Splendor Plush mattress & box spring from Sleepy's 5 years ago. I spent about $2k...

Sleepy'sRebate

Sleepy's advertised a rebate for up to $450 when you purchase a matress during their 4th of July sale. It was stated that the paperwork would be mailed 7-15 days after the purchase to select which gift card you would like. 3 weeks later I call to be told our purchase was ineligible for the rebate. We spent over $2300 on one of their best matresses and it was not eligible! Why did the salesperson not state this when we purchased? How much do we need to spend on a matress to be eligible? Complete BS by Sleepy's

Sleepy's — Shipping Charges

I have purchased Mattress spring box from Sleepy's. We have a king size bed & any sleepy's store do...

Sleepy'sdefective mattress scam

I am now on my SECOND defective mattress. I purchased the first one in 2008. It sagged an amount the mattress inspector had never seen. My bed had all the proper support needed, so it was deemed a defective mattress.
          I got credit which sleepy's made impossible to use. The sales people bacame instantly less helpful once they knew we would be using a credit. One employee actually deleted my credit on accident, which made the day I used it particularly annoying...It took an extra hour trying to get it back and understand what happened.

So I get a new mattress for which I am responsible for delivery fees and tipping. (seems a little unfair, but I was excited for a new bed) But now only about 5 months later this new bad is even worse than the first one!!!

Customer service is making me go through this same ridiculous process of measuring everything, being in front of my bed when I call, etc.

I really don't even want another mattress from sleepy's!! I want my money back. Especially since I was told there was nothing they could do to ensure me I wouldn't get a THIRD DEFECTIVE MATTRESS.

In my mind, there is no way this isn't a scam. They can make some extra money off you buy hoping you upgrade in the mattress and delivery fees, so they send you defective merchandise. I am only one person, but I will do my best to tell everybody I can not to buy from sleepy's. I will tell them what a TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE I have had with this company.

I have been sleeping on my couch or horizontally in my bed it so awful.

sammycat13 May 30, 2012

The Sleepy's chain is notorious for selling a used mattress as new and have been fined accordingly.. Check with BBB and your state's Attorney General.

Sleepy'sEven exchange on a defective mattress COSTING me money?

We purchased a Queen Kingsdown mattress from Sleepy's for a spare bedroom in late 2008. We started sleeping on it on a daily basis last year and recently noticed a bad sagging on both sides, resulting in back pain. Their warranty assessor came out and we received a letter stating that it was "Not Up to Manufacturer Standards" and offering an even exchange or store credit to reselect. We opted for a simple even exchange and called to set that up. They have the audacity to not only attempt to change me TAX on a replacement mattress, but an additional delivery fee! Both combined, it was close to $200 that they were demanding we pay out of pocket to get a DEFECTIVE product replaced through their warranty!!! I told the rep that there was no way we were going to pay to have something that shouldn't have failed in the first place redelivered and tax on the second mattress, when the product price and tax should be a wash. She refused, stating that they (Sleepy's) needed to pay their drivers and pay to ship the mattress back to Kingsdown for warranty evaluation. THAT'S THE COST OF DOING BUSINESS!!! Not something that should be forced upon your customer!!! I'm disgusted and still sleeping on a defective bed. No way are we going to give them another dime of our money when the product we paid for should have held up to warranty standards in the first place!

• Te
                Teresa Trotta Sep 25, 2012

Oceanside, New York - I purchased a Sealy's Posturepedic Queens set from Sleepy's in 2004 with a ten year warranty!! It literally takes me 3-4 minutes just to turn over in bed that is how badly my mattress has indented (and I am not a heavy person) - my entire back feels horrible every single morning!!! I called Sleepy's to see what could be done - first the only way they were able to accommodate me was for them to have my phone number from 8 years ago - there old system couldn't find me any other way!! Wow!!! Anyway, an inspector came out and took pictures of my mattress and boxspring - I was informed by Sleepy's that Sealy's refuses to do anything about my bed - Sealy's only will do something if the indentation is 1 1/2 inches - mine is 1 1/8 - wow again!!! What is the point of having a warranty if you are not able to use it?? I do not understand!! Especially when someone pays so much money to have a good nights sleep, which I do not. I have never ever had a mattress effect my body the way this Sealy's Posturepedic set is. No one is willing to really do anything about it - they just think we should just keep giving them money and go get a new bed from them! Like that will ever happen!!!

• Ta
                tap tap Oct 03, 2012

we should all get together and start a pretest at all the sleepys sotres i lost 1500 bucks over a defective matress and all the wanted to give me was 418 for the box spring and dish out more money on a nnew set. i said forget it and forget the credit... sleepys is the worst and will never shop there again.

• Ta
                tap tap Oct 03, 2012

I too bought a queen kingsdown but i tested in the sotre on the comfort level tester machine. when it was delivered, it felt like a different mattress and i called the salesperson who i dealt with at the store and she told me to give it 30 days to brea kit in, i said ok. i called after the 30 days and a different saleperson told me after 30 dyas no exchanges or refunds. i was pissed and got stuck with it. Now 3 yrs later the middle is sagging as im laying in the bed, long story short inspector came it was off by 1//4 sleepys gave only a 418 credit towards the box spring. The sales, an lied to me from begiinning to end until the credit came about and we had a big arguemnt aand he said take the credit or leave. i just said forget it i do not want the credit cause i will never buy from there again. I also think that when they credit u for a new set or mattress alone they will give a used or salesfloor sample... i do no trust Sleepy's they are the Matress Unproffesionals! there is a lot more to this stry with this horrible salesman... but i just wanted to get to the point... Anyone who reads this stay away from any sleepy's they are Liars & Crooks!

Sleepys Mattress ProfessionalsMisleading to Make a Sale

On 9/20/11 I went to Sleepy's to purchase a Tempedic bed in West Springfield, Ma. I told the salesman what I was looking for and explained about my bad back, lower lumbar problems and how I had limited income due to my wife being handicap as well as myself having the disability with my back. I wanted the back to go up an dlegs to go up as well. Just like the picture in their add. But not a queen sixe. He said "You don't want that." I will try to save you money and include the best pillow I would lay my head on. I'm 6'5" with an 8' wing span. I tried out a few of the beds while we were talking about the third bed, another customer came in, and he left me there for about 15-20 minutes. Then he came back to me.
              We sat down to make a deal and he's printing up an order when another customer came in and he left me there again for another 10 minutes. By now my back is killing me, and my wife is waiting at home with no one there and it is almost closing time. When he finally sat down with me to make the deal. He said, and I quote "You are going to love "Sleepys" gaurantee. If at any reason you are not satisfied with your purcahse you can just return it. So I signed the paper work. At no time did he say I could not return the motorized unit. Had he told me, I would not have purchased the unit.

Delivery took 15 days. When they called me the day before, I had my old bed removed so there would be room for the new one. So now I had no bed. I told the delivery people that the item they were delivering me was not right. He assured me it was, so I signed the paper work, accepted it because I had no other bed. They brought in a box spring, which I did not order, so he called the office and they credited me for it and they took it back. Why would their sales associate offer a box spring for an adjustable bed? After they set it up, I measured it. It was only 3 feet wide. Too small. The pillow smelled funny but I tried it anyway and after just a couple hours I had a rash on my face. They bed itself, did not have the legs go up nor down, only the back went up. As well as the mattress was not the right one for the frame. It was not what I wanted or the impression he gave me that I ordered. I tried the bed for about 2 weeks and going on what he told me the gaurantee was I attempted to resolve with the store.

He charged me 139.99 for a twinmattress bed that the competotors sell for 69-70$. I was supposed to get free delivery and he asked me to pick it up. I tried to get the bed returned because the product sold was not what I wanted or told what I would get, nor did the product actually go together. The salesman when I entered was friendly unitl I told him why I was there, he then became extremely uncooprative, and said we don't take the beds back here and no motorized returns. Also, the sales man that sold me the bed no longer worked for them. I tried to explain he sold me stuff under false pretenses. I feel he sold me the product to get the sales and lied during the sale just to get it.

SleepysAdditional charges

They over charge my credit card by 1214.55 ! Then had the nerve to cancel my order just days before Christmas even after confirming that it was in stock and would be delivered on the 23rd of December. This put our credit card over our limit and caused us to not be able to do our shopping for Christmas. My wife was embarrassed when our card was declined at Walmart and she had to return all of our purchases. Sleepys is The Scrooge of Christmas for us for 2011. We will never do business with you or 1-800- mattress which is the same company unknown by many because of how poor they did business. They also will NOT return your phone calls! Amy Keller with customer service is a ### too and could care less of our delima they put us in. She promised to return my calls and never has to date! If you want to get screwed and robbed then buy from these thieves who ruined our Christmas!!!

• Cathy Sable Dec 26, 2011

Mr. Suffield, Please allow us to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you. Please reach out to me at [protected]@mattress.com and include a telephone number with the best date and time to reach you.

Sleepys — The cost of the Returned matress

I went into a Sleepys store to purchase a Tempur-pedic mattress. The salesman said that I had a 90 day home...

Sleepy's — After the Sale

Great presentation and sale with promises 3 separate times "You don't have to worry- we have a Low Price...

Sleepy's- Dr. Bruce bed — fraud

I bought the Dr. Bruce firm mattress in mid august..by Sept. both my husband and myself had deep indentation...

Sleepy'sPoor mattresses/Poor service

I had a very terrible experience at Sleepy's. They seem to know what they are talking about, but in the end, I know they are just good talkers who scam people out of their money. The first time I walked into the store they sold me a bed for at a good price because they did not want me to leave without making a purchase and my budget was only $700. However, when I received the mattress, it was not how it was at the store. I needed to return the bed. They made me pay another $800 to exchange the bed because I had to get something of equal or higher RETAIL price. I did not want to make the same mistake again so I trusted their advice. The saleswoman convinced me that since I am a small girl I would need a plush bed. They even made me complete a computerized test to make it seem very legitimate and quoted research studies from prestigious universities. I purchased a Miralux Queen size mattress with split box springs. Within one week, I have been have severe back problems and I am now sleeping on the floor. I have checked reviews for Miralux and it has many terrible reviews. I wish I had known this earlier. Now, I cannot use this bed and I will probably just have to throw it away. I feel duped and out of $1000+. I will never buy anything at Sleepy's again.

Sleepy's — Complete Liar's and Scammers

We bought a $3, 000.00 mattress from Sleepy's and were told it had a 100 % lifetime guarantee. The only...

Sleepys — Broken Mattress Delivered

Purchased a new mattress set at local Sleepy's store. Sleepys delivered a severley damaged mattre...

Sleepy's/sleep to live — Unhappy with product and service

I'm not sure if I can articulate in writing how angry and upset I am with Sleepy's but I will give...

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices