Sleepys / Terrible service!

175 Central Ave SBethpage, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-7533797

3 years after I bought my previous mattress which delivered its moneys worth, me & my wife decided to get another mattress. Since we both have sensitive backs we decided to purchase something that would last longer than 3 years. We went to Sleepys after trying out a few mattresses we short listed a Simons mattress for $700 with a 10 year warranty & Sealy mattress for $450 with 3 year warranty. We really liked the Simons for its feel but were hesitant because of the price tag. The salesman was all supportive of the pricier offering & said that the extra money is worth it as you will get a 10 year warranty & it will stay nice & firm for a very long time.

We order it & it arrives promptly on Jan 11th. Within few weeks the mattress started to sag & we started getting back aches. The sag was as much as the 3 yr old mattress that I owned prior to this. All this within a month of purchase!!

On Feb 15th I call Sleepys & logged a complaint & I was told an inspector would come over & take a look. After numerous calls back & forth with the inspection company they show up on March 7th. I called Sleepys on March 17th & they told me that my claim is denied as the sag is not 1.5 inches. I insist that the sag is getting worse by the day & our backs are aching beyond control & I was told I can get a second opinion, but only 60 days AFTER the initial inspection! I told them that I don't want a refund, just another mattress as the sag is really hurting our backs. I was denied even that.

This is a total rip off for a mattress that they claim to have a 10 year warranty on. They sold me a defective mattress & refuse to honor their warranty. I am going to have to consult a lawyer regarding this.

NEVER EVER WILL I BUY FROM THEM AGAIN & I WILL MAKE SURE THAT I CONVINCE WHOEVER I KNOW TO NOT BUY FROM THEM.
Va

Comments

Ka
  8th of Jul, 2008
OMG!! I have to agree 110% Both me and my husband have been trying to fight for our warrenty for almost a year now. apparently 5/8 of and inch isnt "bad" enough for them to replace. Tell them to sleep on it and try to get out of bed with that horrible back ache! Now after we buy the $100 mattress pad and the inspector comes for the 5th time, sleepys called and said we have voided your warrenty because theres a small spot on your mattress. Called the pad company and they say well u waited to long. So now were stuck with a mattress with a big dip in the middle because i didnt realized my sons iced tea hit the mattress afterall we bought the stupid pad that was suppose to protect our warrenty if anything spilled!! frustrated in CT
Ro
  30th of Jul, 2008
My husband and I bought a posture temp queen bed in 2004 November. It cost 1400.00. We wanted a good mattress because my husband was going to retire soon and we wanted the mattress to last. In years, my husband's side of the bed has a big indentation over a inch and a half. Had the inspector come and he came in with 1 and 5/8th inches and then all of a sudden the company says it has to be 2 inches. What a way to do business I am surpised they are stll in business.
The mattress pad is another 65.oo rip off.
Heaven forbid you get a stain on your mattress that the pad was suppose to prevent. Thats a joke!!
I think we are headed for small claims court because this is totally unaceptable business. Word of mouth is your best advertisement.
My immidiate family is 35 people and if they tell 3 people and they tell 3 people...!!!
That must be why sleepy's has to advertise so much on TV to get those that don't know yet and haven't been taken by sleepy's.

You would think that over the years the quality of mattresses and material would be better and easier to manufacture! Instead, the obvious is that the product is much worse.
I am sorry we did not go for the original Temperpedic designed by NASA. I heard they have no complaints on those.
in EQ