Sixt Car Rental / insurance fraud
We had rented a car from Sixt for a weekend. I had paid for the most expensive insurance possible, covering everything with my liability up to 100 euros only.
Just before returning a car, my wife made a scratch on a door on a parking lot. We had told so to a Sixt employee, she had taken a picture and helped us to fill an accident report form.
2 weeks later we've rented similar car at the same place, and asked the girl if it's ok with our previous accident report processing. She said yes.
3 months later, we've received a mail stating that we have to pay them 4000 dollars to cover the painting of the door we've scratched. They gave us 5 days to do that. They say the insurance does not cover the scratch because we have refused to write an accident report (the form Sixt employee had helped us to fill)
More Sixt Car Rental Complaints & Reviews
- Sixt Car Rental - fraud & scam 
- Sixt - car rental 
- Kemwel - Sixt Car Rental - overcharged 
- Sixt Rent A Car - fraudulent damage claim 
- Sixt Car Rental - charges for non-existent scratch 
- Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car - car rent, no compromise, no service
- Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car - sixt rent a car scam
- Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car - I am complaining about extra charges that I wasn't told about
- Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car - unethical behavior
- Sixt.com / Sixt Rent a Car - car hire