Sears & Roebucks / Kenmore / Alleged Repairs

United States, Maine, Bridgton Review updated:
Sears & Roebucks
9 Troy Lane
Phone: 207-450-4271
In May 2008 I bought a new Kenmore refrigerator through a Sears store in North Conway, New Hampshire, for one of my apartments. In November 2008 this refrigerator malfunctioned and a Sears repairman allegedly repaired it. This apartment was vacant for about six months. On June 21, 2009 the tenant informed me that the refrigerator had malfunctioned, warm instead of cold. I called Sears repairs to fix the problem. On June 22, 2009 my tenanyt informed me no repairman yet. I called Sears repairs and was told Sears only schedules repairs for this area ONLY on Tuesdays. I made an appointment for Tuesday June 23, 2009 BETWEEN the hours of * AM and 5 PM. On this Tuesday the Sears repairman(Bill) found a broken seal on the compressor and ordered the parts needed to correct the problem. As of this time my tenant had lost over $200 worth of perishables along with the use of the refrigerator. Thursday June 25, 2009 the ordered parts arrived($579.00). I called Sears repairs and scheduled another Tuesday appointment between the hours of 8 AM and 5 PM. On Tuesday, June 30, 2009 the Sears repairman(Den) completely and totally rebuilt the refrigerator in approximately 4 hours. On Friday, July 24, 2009 my tenant called and stated the refrigerator malfunctioned again and was leaking oil onto the floor. I called Sears repai9rs and scheduled ANOTHER Tuesday appointment between the hours of 8 AM and 5 PM. This tenant lost another $100 worth of food. Being very familiar with the lack of due diligence exhibited by Sears, I bought another refrigerator to replace this useless one, and it was delivered Saturday, July 25, 2009. On Tuesday, July 28, 2009 the Sears repairman(David) discovered that the previous repairman(Den) neglected to PLUG IN the cooling probe of this refrigerator. To date Sears has spent well over $1, 400 in parts and labor to 'correct' the problem. My tenant has loss over $300.00 in spoilage. Oh yeah, did I tell you this refrigerator, including delivery was only $400.00?

A  19th of Aug, 2009 by
Sears sucks for repairs. I made an appointment on Saturday for them to repair my washing machine, five years old and not under warranty any longer. I received an automated confirmation call Tuesday evening to confirm appointment time between 8am-12pm, Wednesday August 19, 2009. It is now 1:08 PM. I have called Sears twice already to find out why the repairman is not here and no-one has called. The repairman just called me to tell me that he is on his way(he's five minutes away). He had the nerve to ask me why I was angry. I told him that he would find out why I was angry when he got here. They expect me to sit around all day waiting for them and to pay them for it too! They don't even have the decency to pick up a phone to say that they will be late. When this machine goes out again, that's it. I'll get another machine and you can bet it won't be from Sears. By the way I'm paying almost as much for repairs as I am for the original. Ridiculous! One more thing about Sears, it just goes to show you how in today's economy with things being the way that they are, businesses can be so money grubbing. Well they won't get my money or my business any longer.