Sears Portrait Studio / lack of professionalism

1 Tucson, AZ, United States Review updated:

Today (Monday 12-01-08) I visited the Sears Portrait Studio at Park Place Mall in Tucson, Az.
I arrived at 11:15 with my 2 grandchildren ages 2 and 4.
I did not have an appointment and asked if it was possible to get an appoiintment for today. The woman at the desk told me that although they had several appointments scheduled for the day, she could fit us in at 12:30. She then asked me to fill out an information sheet. So far, no problem.
I waited in the lobby with my grandchildren. 12:30 came and went and I was not called for my turn. Other people came in after 12:30 and were taken in before me, although I was told that I would be next on 2 separate occasions. At 1:30 I asked to speak to the manager and she then informed me that since I did not have an appointment, I would be taken care of when they had time. I told her that I had been given a 12:30 appointment and had already waited an hour past that. She told me there was nothing she could do for me.
I am appalled that I was told I would be fit into a time slot, only to wait for over 2 hours with two small children and then be told that because I was a "Walk-In" and did not have a pre-arranged appointment, they'd get to me when they could. Do you have any idea how hard it is to keep 2 small children entertained and in "Picture Perfect" form for over 2 hrs?

First of all...if they were booked and would not be able to fit me in they should have told me so, I would have been happy to make an appointment for another day.
Second...once I was told our photos would be taken at 12:30, I had an appointment.
Third...I was made to feel that as a "Walk-In" my business is really not as important as someone who pre-books.

I left this studio and walked straight down the mall to The Picture People. My intention was to make an appointment for another day. But guess what...they told me they could take us right then. So I spent my $200 picture budget with them and that is where I will take my business in the future.

In the past, I have had several very good experiences with this Sears Portrait Studio, but obviously customer service has taken a drastic downward turn.

Comments

Sh
  12th of Jul, 2009

ESPECIALLY when dealing with small children, it's always best to schedule an appointment. It's just common sense. If you don't think your children can handle any sort of wait, then why try walking in? How upset would you be if you had scheduled an appoinment and a walk-in customer made it to where you had to wait?

Ke
  5th of Jan, 2010

Shouldn't matter if she was a walk-in appointment. The policy with Sears Portrait Studio is "Just say Yes!" Even if we are booked we are told that you still have to find a way to get that appointment in. I feel that it would just be easier to let you know that we have availability on a different day but then again, CPI is too concerned you'd take your business elsewhere... Guess what? That's exactly what happened by running it with the "Just say Yes!" Policy.

Ok
  12th of Jan, 2010

Let me get this straight. You had no appointment, you had two children with you at lunch time, and you decided to get pictures made as a walk-in during the busiest season of the year? Do you have any idea how many people want their pictures made in the middle of November? And most of those people called ahead to make an appointment. Were they supposed to boot out those appointments in order to pacify you on your spur of the moment whim?

Some people want the sun and moon to revolve around them.

t's called, wait your turn. With no appointment, to only wait 2 hours is not bad during the middle of the Christmas rush.

Sp