Searssears account care

M

I absolutly denied haveing any insurrance put on my card and i got the bill and surprise they charged my card a monthly acountcare charge. Watch all bills carfully they all do this as a scam because people dont read their bills.

• Ki
    Kim S Nov 13, 2008

At no time are you obligated to pay for something you didnt order/request, but with that being said...you have the obligation to look at your bills! If you are being charged for something...never call up and say "hey, I didnt order this" how is this company responsible? You say this is a scam? Good lord...read your bills people!

• So
    Someone in Accountcare Nov 13, 2008

I happen to work for Accountcare and I agree with the above comment. You may not have authorized the program, however how often do you look at your bill. I get calls from people everyday that have used the program and are very happy about it. As well as those people who call in to activate a benefit and are pissed off when we tell them they already cancelled the program. " I didn't cancel the program why would I do that it is a great service! How could someone just cancel me from the Accountcare." When knowing that this person called two weeks prior to cancel and I w2as the one who took the call. Now I am taking a call with the same person whining and crying because now the need the program because they lost their job.
    Listen, I deal with this everyday and If I had a credit card I would definatly have this program because I have seen it work for many people however, I would make sure that I kept my balance down that way I wasnt paying out the ### for it. Maybe if the people of america wouldnt borrow so much money they wouldnt be so pissed off.

joan Mar 16, 2009

We tried three different times to have account care help us and were denied each time. We are seniors living on a very fixed income, with no where to turn. Account care still takes out its 65.00 a month payment though

John_75915 Oct 14, 2010

This is a scam. These idiots above that supposedly work for Account Care are in on the scam as well. I agree that you should watch your bills very carefully, but they get you to agree to this surreptitiously, and then refuse to cancel it. They will be reported to the proper agencies. End of story.

• Dw
    D.Webster Feb 17, 2011

I monitor my parents Sears account every month. I rec their bill this month and there was a charge for Accountcare. I called Sears immediately and was transferred twice, the Customer Service Dept tried their best to talk me into having this service.
    I mentioned that when the acct was first opened that I had to dispute this charge, and I was assured by the Customer Service Dept that they would never just put that charge on the acct with out permission. I handle all the billing for my parents and I have never given Sears the permission to charge this on the card. I did research on this matter, and found out that Sears has this practice of charging people this service in hopes that they will pay the monthly charge and we as the consumers will not notice the charge.
    I am filing a complaint against Sears for this practice..(And yes-I do check my bills monthly)

• Bi
    BillWatcher Jun 06, 2011

This is still happening with Sear and Accountcare! I look on this board and see posts 3 years old and it's still a problem. Sears admitted to me that their sales associates MAY receive commissions for signing you up. All they have to do is click a box at the time of your purchase and it doesn't even show up on your receipt!! I'm sure that's an accidental oversight!! Sears is in on this scam and will remove these charges when you catch them on your bill but get ready to fight to get it removed!!

• Ha
    harleegirl2002 May 01, 2013

I also have been scam by this company. I have closed all my accounts with Sears because of this issue. They owe me over 200.00 in back charges. Tried to take care of this with company not getting anywhere so now I have contact the Attorney General. Lets see if they can help. Very upset consumer. Scam and rip off all the way. 5/1/13 Gmartin

• Su
    Suzanne Jacobs Pershing Sep 24, 2015

I have taken over my elderly mother's bills. Even though she has not used her Sears account in over three years (and it was paid off) the Account Care charges keep piling up. And, thee are late charges. I have Power of Attorney and have three times tried to cancel Mom's account, because we are essentially paying for NOTHING and get late fees on top of it. THIS IS A SCAM... How do I get off the roller coaster?

• Ko
    Koko1919 Jun 17, 2016

Been diagnosed with cancer in October paid my bills up to March until I couldn't any more tried to get assistance from account care which I wasn't aware I had, but everytime the center and my doctor's submit the paperwork to accountcare, it's always some red tape and I have to do the forms over.I had enough and will be cancelling this off my account as soon as I get out of the center and back home. This is a real scam if I've seen one. Sorry I never read my bills, will now.