Sears / overcharge? customer service

Sheridan, WY, United States Review updated:

We purchased a mattress set at Sears. We are Seniors who still believe in integrity. So when we got told that the display model was 75% off, we believed them. (Could have purchased a Sealy set on line, and had it delivered for less, we found out later).
As we would get charged $80 delivery charge, my husband agreed to pick it up the next day. As he was waiting for help to load, he noticed the sign that said free box springs with mattress purchase. He pointed it out to the girl who tried to give us a refund, and said she would have to wait for the manager.
She would call us. A week later, (after 3 attempts to reach her), she called and said our mattress wasn't on the list according to "the district guy". There was no list if ineligible purchases. And the employee has been there long enough to know, that is why she supposedly tried to give us a refund. So then I filed a complaint with BBB. First thing that came up is a comment
that Sears wishes to try and be contacted first. I tried and no response. So back to BBB I go. It took them 10 days to respond!! They said they would investigate and get back to me in 2 days. I gave them 6 days and still no response. So I decided that since the incidence took place in a different state that I should post the complaint with that BBB. After all, that is what they are there for right?
No, everything has to go to Illinois as that is corporate headquarters. I am hoping that with all that I have found on-line that there is some legal authority reviewing all these incidents. How sad that people give up their integrity!!
Purchase was in February 2018.
Ta
Apr 11, 2018

Comments

Ge
  11th of Apr, 2018
Hi.

I am so sorry to hear of your concerns and would like to help.

With respect, what would you like to have done?
Ki
  16th of Apr, 2018
I need a reliable technician to diagnosis my refrigerator. We have called customer service 2 times and get the run around. Telling us to wait on a a part that we know for a fact that is not needed. We need a refund on that part which is on back order. I also need my floor fixed that the technician ruined. I can tell all my friends and neighbors to never use sears service or shop at Sears ever again. The complaint page is full of customer service and repair problems from sears. Facebook page also got complaints about sears. This is a shame. BBB should be contacted.
Ge
  16th of Apr, 2018
@Kim Ginyard Hi Kim.

Does this have anything to do with the mattress? I'd like to receive more details.

Please note, assuming this information addresses your concern(s) to your satisfaction, no further response is required by you.

Sears Brands Logo Sears Brands