Sears Lawnmower

Posted:

never worked properly

Received a new lawnmower from Sears - Edmonton as a gift - never worked properly - went to take it for repairs - oops Sears could not find it even though it was charged to the account - bill was shown - after a month of complaining - oops Sears made a human error - they apparently are humans - so off they took it - oh yeah I got no tag. So I get a call to pick it up and pay $42.00 yep its still under warranty but carbs were dirty - yeah right - brand new lawn mower - new geri can - must be me - the small piece of lawn we have takes 10 minutes to cut. Yep take to the nasty people at sears head office - they make your blood boil more. She informs me that if the same problem persists I will not get my $42.00 back. Yep and I have 30 or 60 (I'm not sure which one) days warranty on that work - oh great I have snow on my lawn so I guess I have to try and snow blow/cut it for that warranty - but they really don't care. Sears are great when you are buying and do not own up to their warranty. If the repairs would have cost $300.00 I would have had to pay it.
Complaint comments Comments (1) Complaint country United States Complaint category Home & Garden

Comments

A  27th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
We had our tractor around 2 years when we started having problems with smoking. We were changing the filter all the time still didn't make any difference. Well after 4 years the engine has to be replaced, no one ever told us about the construction of the engine and the filter that sucks in dirt.

We know Sears doesn't stand by it (not the same Sears of my childhood) as they have had trouble with this for years and that comes from a lawn mower maintenance company. It would take 1300.00 to buy a new engine.

By the time I'm done everyone will know about Sears and the riding lawn mowers. I think there should be a class action lawsuit, not to make any money but to get this fix or stopping sears from selling anymore defective products.

My days with Sears are coming to an end.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree