Sears / employees and manager does not care about the customers

1 LaVale, MD, United States Review updated:

I was in Sears at the LaVale, Maryland location with about $100.00 worth of Craftsman tools in my hand. I needed 2 metal toolboxes and asked the associate to please open the box so I could look at the toolbox since there were none on display. The associate refused saying that they were not allowed to open any boxes. I went to the store office and spoke to the store manager. To my surprise, the manager sided with the associate and refused to open a box with a simple toolbox in it so I could look at it. I told him there was no difference opening the box now or me buying and returning it. He still refused. My point is, if this is Sears customer policy, I will shop elsewhere. I put down all the tools I had in front of the manager and told him that he just lost my business. I went to Lowe's accross the street and purchased Colbalt brand tools and two toolboxes. Because of this incident, I will never, ever buy from Sears again and I am sure telling every person I come accross about my bad experience at Sears. It is a shame that the employees and managers at Sears could care less about the customers. Had they opened a simple box for a customer, they would have had a $180.00 sale. Now they lost a customer for life.

Comments

• Ir
      9th of May, 2010

As a former employee, I can tell you we don't care about the customers. Reason why is because your purshase was considered a joke to the manager and the salesmen. If you inisisted to open the toolbox of a 1000 dollar toolbox, and buy 500 dollars worth of tools; they'd open it for you. It happens all the time, trust me.

• In
      10th of May, 2010

Irish is a troll. he needs immediate medical assistance.

• 0 Votes

This site has tons of trolls.

• Se
      16th of Feb, 2011

Sure - you want the packing box opened, decide you don't want it, and leave. Now the next guy that comes in sees that the box is opened, and demands one that's sealed, since obviously the opened box was definitely a "returned" item (sarcasm there). Keep going to Lowes - we won't miss you.