Sears Kenmore 500 Series Washer / poor delivery and installation, washer itself

United States Review updated:
I purchased a kenmore 500 series washer on May 25, 2007. Was told that they don't deliver in our area until Thursday of the following week. (Even thought they delivered 16 miles down the road to Camilla on Wednesday, going right by Baconton-twice) We said okay, no problem. Good thing that I purchased the three year warranty.

After they finally got the washer to the house on Thursday-after the time that was stated that they would be there. The person who installed the washer hooked up the cold to the hot and vice versa. After finding this out, he lay the hoses down and water flowed from them all over the floor. He fixed the problem, and left.

About two hours later, water was running out from under the machine. We called Sears and was told that they couldn't come fix it, that they would bring a new machine out. My mother called a plumber and he came and saw that the problem was where the pipes had been stripped out when the person doing the installation took them off and replaced them.

We called and let Sears know about this, and then they made an adjustment to my statement.

Well, as luck would have it, the washer is now leaking water out over the floor when it goes into the spin cycle. My mother called on yesterday, they were going to send someone out with a new washer on today. They would call back by 6:00p.m. and let us know when the delivery would be. We were told between 10:ooa.m. and 12:00p.m., they would call 1 hour before, they called at 12:25, arrived at 12:30. (Why say something if you are not going to stand by it?) Anyway, the second washer in a little over 1 month is now installed, please say a prayer, that maybe this will work (this time.) Makes me really wonder about making future purchases from Sears.

I tried to find the correct address to mail my complaint to, with no luck, I decided to put it here. Maybe it will help someone else receive better service in the future.

Tekla Sellars

N  8th of Feb, 2009 by
I posted a complaint, but it went to another area.(?)Divide and conquer
I just started using my new Kenmore 500 washer. About 6 loads. First load took me 10-12 min to untangle a pair of tennis shoes from the rest of nearly the entire load. I have never done anything unique with my prior washer, which was a Kenmore model...I think it was over 30 years old. Couldn't even find a year or model # on it. Wasn't sure I could get the water pump replaced. This machine is noisier. I thought they used better insulation or was I supposed to pay another $200 to get it quieter.
Then today, I was further ticked. I did what I would call a normal wash. I went to take a sneak peek. Wish i hadn't. The water level was so low; more water in my toilet bowl!!! Needless to say, I was ___ not pleased. Is this a government regulation-intrusion method of water conservation?! I wasn't believing all these postings on various models. Now I do. However, there is no better alternative. Complaints abound!!
I just looked up the 700 series. No better. Now I wish I could have my old girl back and try to fix her. I don't have a lot of laundry. Did without since Thanksgiving...except for 2 loads at my uncles'.
N  18th of Jul, 2011 by
although the washer indicates a delicate cycle, it still uses the same agitation as any other cycle. This results in a non gentle agitation and spin cycle for delicate clothes. I feel this is a mis-representation of the "gentle" cycle. Any thoughts?

Sears Brands Logo Sears Brands