Sears Home Services / refrigerator repair

1 United States

October sixteenth 2015 a Sears repairman came out to fix a tube on the back of my refrigerator that connects to the filter. He cut off an end and reconnected it assuring me the tube was fine and would not break again. On October twenty eighth while I was in Italy I received a call that there was water coming out of my garage. I sent a neighbor in and he shut off the water supply and found my house under three feet of water. Little did I know this was just the beginning of my nightmare! I immediately called Sears and they told me to call their insurance company Sedgwick. I did that and was told there was nothing to be done that night but when I returned on November seventh to call and file a claim. Needless to say my entire expensive trip had been ruined! What I should have been told was a remediation company would be sent in to dry out the walls. On November seventh I called Sedgwick and filed a claim and was assigned an adjuster Carlos. He called me and our conversation on the phone was not the most pleasant. You would have thought I flooded my house on purpose! I was told to get an estimate which I promptly did. I was told that there is a three day window for mold which had obviously passed and now my entire house was covered in MOLD! After many unreturned phone calls my claim was reassigned to another adjuster. I am still battling this claim. We have had to take money out of our bank account to repair the house ($58000.00). Now that the refrigerator has been returned to the house it is no longer working because the mother board is rusted. I am told I will only be given depreciation value...I had a working refrigerator and would have had no need to replace it at this time! I am sure Sears must have an extra refrigerator they could replace it with considering it was their doing that set this horror story in motion! If you need repairs call any one else but Sears! I refuse to ever allow then in my house again and if you are wise you will do the same!

An