Sears Home Improvement / unethical
I worked for SHIP (sears home improvement) for a couple of years. The things that I experienced were shocking and sickening. We were trained like stupid blind mice and only many months into the job did you start to realize that many of the things that you were promising to the customers were not only false but impossible. Examples: Our installers have an average of 10 years of experience before they are hired by us and then are sent to "sears' school to do things our way...hogwash, we would send out virtual strangers having never looked at their work much less trained them. If they botched a job, Oh well. Plus we promise vigorous background checks, & drug testing unlike the Box Co.'s possibly but only when they start and only the head guy, if they do something afterwards we never knew it...
Had one manager/salesman with so many DUI's he was driving with no license, only found out when he transferred to another state and had to re-apply. One new manager/trainer said to "kick their dogs" under the table to keep them away from you. As to pricing it was an open season. Sales people get charged for any over runs on the job. Unexpected costs, or items they don't notice in the dark or at 10 pm etc. so guess what? The smart ones throw in lots of extra product and labor to "cover their butts". The joke was how many extra houses of siding there was back in the warehouse. Long term employees were suspected of having HVAC, siding & kitchens done for free in their houses?????
Warranty and follow up was a joke, customers would turn blue before we would show up to service.
I would say run run run as fast as you can away from the "FREE ESTIMATES" this is not your Parents Sears that was so dependable with products that lasted, customer service and warranties WORTH the paper they were written on...
In the know Louisville KY
More Sears Home Improvement Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- Sears Brands - repair costs for a 2 year 11 month refrigerator
- Sears Brands - service request
- Sears Home Maintenance Agreement - repair service on washing machine
- Sears Brands - ongoing refrigerator issue
- Sears Jewelry - ring repair