Sears Holdings Corp.wrongful termination

B Review updated:

I am writing this because I truly feel I was wrongfully terminated by sears holdings corp. at the KMart store in Dover, NJ. I am a warm-hearted, caring, helpful, reliable person who loves children, animals, plants and flowers and just about every living thing. I have an appreciation, love and respect for all of nature and always have. On Friday September 30, 2011 I was terminated from KMart by their "security" company for rescuing some plants from the trash. They were thrown away and not wanted, and being the person I am I rescued them.
Without ANY permission or approval of any kind from any of the managers, I was hauled into
the office, forced to write things against my will that made me look and feel like a criminal, before they would even listen to my side of the story, and then they "verbally forced" a manager to fire me who DID NOT WANT TO FIRE ME and made it perfectly clear. Yet, this security company that KMart in Dover employs had the "sole" power to fire me against the will of the managers and I didn't even get to tell them my side of the story. Anthony White, Clive, Michael Cowe (I don't know the spelling, but it's pronounced "cow"). They considered it stealing that I rescued the plants from the trash and said it was against company policy. I never knew that because they never told me that or even gave me a copy of the policies or a handbook. If I knew that, I never would have done that. I offered to pay the $66.51 for them but, they wouldn't allow me to. I rescued those plants the same way I would have rescued any living thing from the trash, whether it was a baby, an animal or a plant. To me it's still a living thing as any true plant lover can attest to. I like my job there and I appreciate the managers there but they had absolutely NO SAY as to whether or not I was fired and I wasn't even allowed to talk to them to tell them my side!! What kind of tyranny is this?!! Thank you.

• M
      Nov 23, 2011

they are probably concerned about what other items you are going to "rescue" from the store.

• M
      Nov 23, 2011

If you can't figure it out yourself then you are not smart enough to work there

• D
      Nov 23, 2011

When you say "rescued", you really mean, you took them home without paying for them.
    You are not allowed to do this. Once they are not available to be sold to the public, and they are either thrown out or put in where damaged items go depending on the item and store policy.
    It is against store policy and it is stealing which is a fire-able offense.

• A
      Jun 28, 2014

They still should've let her explain and pay if she was willing!!!