Sears Holdings Corp. — wrongful termination
I am writing this because I truly feel I was wrongfully terminated by sears holdings corp. at the KMart store in Dover, NJ. I am a warm-hearted, caring, helpful, reliable person who loves children, animals, plants and flowers and just about every living thing. I have an appreciation, love and respect for all of nature and always have. On Friday September 30, 2011 I was terminated from KMart by their "security" company for rescuing some plants from the trash. They were thrown away and not wanted, and being the person I am I rescued them.
Without ANY permission or approval of any kind from any of the managers, I was hauled into
the office, forced to write things against my will that made me look and feel like a criminal, before they would even listen to my side of the story, and then they "verbally forced" a manager to fire me who DID NOT WANT TO FIRE ME and made it perfectly clear. Yet, this security company that KMart in Dover employs had the "sole" power to fire me against the will of the managers and I didn't even get to tell them my side of the story. Anthony White, Clive, Michael Cowe (I don't know the spelling, but it's pronounced "cow"). They considered it stealing that I rescued the plants from the trash and said it was against company policy. I never knew that because they never told me that or even gave me a copy of the policies or a handbook. If I knew that, I never would have done that. I offered to pay the $66.51 for them but, they wouldn't allow me to. I rescued those plants the same way I would have rescued any living thing from the trash, whether it was a baby, an animal or a plant. To me it's still a living thing as any true plant lover can attest to. I like my job there and I appreciate the managers there but they had absolutely NO SAY as to whether or not I was fired and I wasn't even allowed to talk to them to tell them my side!! What kind of tyranny is this?!! Thank you.
More Sears Holdings Corp. Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- Sears Lawnmower - never worked properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Home Improvement &buyer Beware& - buyer beware/contracts changed 
- Sears - problems with restocking fee 
- Sears, Inc. - slow posting of payment on account
- [Resolved] Sears Mattress - did not receive item or refund