Sears / delivery of goods

Phone: 303-928-4700
I purchased a Washer/Dryer combo for a great price on 11/28/08. It was purchased at a doorbuster sale for Black Friday. As of now 2/18/09 I still have not had my washer and dryer delivered as they keep rescheduling delivery due to overselling the product. I thought products were delivered on a first-come first-serve basis but not with Sears. No information was given at the time of purchase that I would need to wait three months for delivery. The new delivery date is 3/7/09. Sears customer service is non-existent. I am currently on hold with Sears. I urge consumers to steer clear of Sears and their advertised "door-buster" sales.

A  18th of Feb, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I too bought the same washer and dryer, and have the same problem! I have sent dozens of e-mails and made dozens of telephone calls. No one has an answer and everyone keeps giving me the run-around! I was told by one employee that they could be back ordered as late as April 2, 2009!
A  20th of Feb, 2009 by
I also bought te washer/dryer and i'm having the same problem. I feel that if they know they are going to have a sale on an item they should be prepared for the response. I have been told my set would be delivered on March 3rd 2009. If I wanted to wait until march...I would have ordered them in march. With a family of seven the costs of going to the laundry matt is starting to eat into my food budget.
A  27th of Feb, 2009 by
I bought the same set and my delivery date on my receipt was January 19. I called a few days before to see if they were due to come in on time and they told me if the date on the receipt said the 19th, they would be here then. I called on the 19th and found out their truck didn't come til the next day. Called the next day and they couldn't tell me why they didn't come in. I called several days in a row and finally they said my order had fallen out of the system??? Said they would have to order it again and it would be April before I would get the set. I told them I should get mine before the ones that were due in in February but they said they couldn't take them from those people. (nevermind the fact that I ordered mine first and had a paid receipt to show!) I was very persistant and ended up getting the blue set for $150 more. Lowes priced matched the set and from what I've been told, they didn't have the problems Sears had delivering theirs. We have purchased alot from Sears, but this experience has changed my opinion of them.
A  2nd of Mar, 2009 by
Same story, bought Black Friday, they charged my credit card immediately, they never call me, I always have to call them, original delivey date was 01/15/09 not delivered, no call or email, called back first told order was cancelled, then told delivery by 03/1/09 now the tell me April some time, and the only thing I can do is wait or cancel. I wonder if anyone has gotten delivery yet.
N  5th of Mar, 2009 by
Same story here as well. Was told Tuesday of a Delv date of 3-5-09 did not receive the phone call last nght for for delv timewindow so I contacted Sears this am. I have been told the delv date will be 3-19-09 instead (no phone call to inform us). I just looked on Lowes website and found they do not carry Kenmore appliances. I'm interested in the comment that Lowes matched the price. Has anyone tried to contact Lowes and had any luck? This is by far the worst customer service and wait I have ever had to deal with in my life!
A  24th of Apr, 2009 by
Same Story...Purchased on Black Friday '08...Originally Scheduled for 2/4/09 delivery...tried to buy me off with some lame Sears Laundry detergent coupon or 10% off of matching pedestal set..only if it was in stock HA!...Luckily my Washer and Dryer, even tho on their last legs are still working...otherwise I'd be sunk...but alas...the last dozen or so times I've been in a Sears store, it's been a ghost town...but we'll probably bail them out too...imcompetent B-tards.
Yup...Sears sucks!
A  2nd of Sep, 2009 by
was stalked by Sears; mystery phone calls; also ordered via catalogue and they then cancelled order arbitrarily; thought this was connected to someone who worked there but was stalked eg. mind reading after thinking I needed an item...no more privacy I guess.
N  23rd of Sep, 2009 by
I bought a radial arm saw from Sears last year. I never got to use it because it was defective. The Sears repairman declared it defective. A Sears truck came out and got the saw and took it back. Getting my money refunded was impossible. I was on the phone with them literally for hours. I honestly believe this was a plan by Sears to discourage people so much they would just "go away." I finally resorted to getting a Sears credit card and buying products equal to the cost of the saw. Then I put the balance in dispute until Sears paid me what they owed me. Citibank handles Sears credit cards. Once they got involved I finally got my money back, but only after buying almost a thousand dollars more of their products! Sears products are usually good but their customer service borders on criminal. It is truly a nightmare. I was a good customer for over 30 years and they could care less.

Sears Brands Logo Sears Brands