[Resolved] Sears Customer Service / engraved craftsman socket/tool set

To Anyone Who Really Cares,

I am truly disappointed in my recent contact and results with Sears Customer Service. When I graduated H.S. in 1979 I was given a set of Craftsman tools by my parents. I still have and use many of those tools to this day. For the last 35 years I have bought pretty much nothing but Craftsman tools from Sears. I have always been extremely happy with my tools and the level of service in my local Sears store.

So when my son graduated in June of this year I ordered through the Craftsman Club a set of engraved sockets and wrenches. Original order number #2547518 ($211.09). It was backordered to begin with which was fine, understood. But here is where things go downhill. When the set arrived there were several pieces missing. I contacted client services and was instructed that since this came directly from the manufacturer. I was advised that it would be faster to ship them directly via US Post Office and to get delivery confirmation and insure the package, which I did and I would be credited and re-embursed for this set. On the same day which was 7-12-09 I placed a second order for the same set (2567482). It arrived on 7-16-09. This time the set appeared to be complete but the engraving was wrong, instead of saying Joshua Quick Class of 09 it said Class of 90. I immediately called client services and was told that a UPS ticket would be issued for a return on this 2nd set that was incorrect. The person I spoke to asked for my debit card number stating she only needed it for a credit on the first order, which I still had not received the money back for. She said several times that no money would be taken from my account and that she was giving me a 20% discount. My wife checked my account an hour later and $190.00 was pending to be taken from my account which I had just been told would not happen. I called back and asked to speak to a supervisor, was handed off to Eric. I spent 45 minutes on the telephone with him and he promised I would have the money from the 1st wrong kit by Monday back in my checking account. I also asked that he send me an email with the details and result of my telephone call with him.

What happened next, the $190.00 was put back into my account, no email confirming my conversation. I did get a pick up ticket call from UPS the following Friday July 25th a week after my conversation with Eric for the second incorrect set.

So basically I am still out about $450.00 for my son's graduation presents that I ordered back at the end of May and he still does not have the engraved tool set.

I am very disappointed in my recent contacts with Sears and these transactions. I do not have all this extra money to be waiting for the return of not to mention not having the product I ordered after 3 attempts.

• Resolution statement

• Sears Brands Customer Care's Response, Jan 13, 2012

Dear m1234567,
    I have come across your post and wanted to reach out. I first want to apologize for the negative customer service experience you’ve had, from what I have read it is completely understandable why this would be upsetting. My name is Stephanie and I am with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. My team handles Internet related complaints as well as complaints that come to the executive branch and we would like to look further into this for you. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your item was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name “m1234567” for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.
    Stephanie L.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

Ti

Comments

• Cr
      24th of Feb, 2009
    Sears Customer Service - bad service
    sears
    deerfoot
    Alberta
    Canada

I once again recieved bad service at this sears location we went in to purchase a sofa and chair not only could we not find an employee who wanted to help us, we paged for an employee who never came.Im shocked that customers are avoided and ignored, we are off to purchase a couch and chair elsewhere ...one employee did mention they are only given so many hours a shift lol..i guess even the hours they do work is too much

• Br
      21st of May, 2010

I HAVE CALLED PARTS AND SERVICE LINE ABOUT CLIPS FOR LARGR ROLL AROUND BOTTEM TOOL CHEST AND LARGE TOP TOOL BOX I BOUGHT IN 1977.THEY WERE UNABLE TO TELL ME WHERE I COULD GET THE BLACK SPRING STEEL CLIPS THAT HOLD THE DRAWERS TO THE SLIDES. BREEDING.JEFF@GMAIL.COM

• M1
      7th of Jan, 2012
    Sears Customer Service - LACK of Service
    Sears Service Department
    Florida

I have been on the phone now and passed around 4 times to another service rep. I've asked to speak to the manager and they passed me to someone who ansered the phone by saying he has managerial allocations! On hold yet again while I write this complaint - I will NOT buy another Sears product ever again because of their LACK of service. horrible.

• Sc
      24th of Jun, 2012

I was bought a 19.2 drill/ driver combo for my birthday last july. Both batteries and the charger are dead. I brought it to sears once and they told me they could have it shipped for free as a perc. When I brought it back in to actually have it sent out they told me those parts arent even serviced. Basically Im out about $120 because it is useless without the bad components and will cost as much as a whole new set up to replace the bad parts as well. 3 hours of time and no record of my name even though I have a credit card and a business account with them. WTF SEARS AND CRAFTSMAN !!????????