Sears Canada / service agreement

1 Kingston, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 613-384-6683

I purchased a 3 year service agreement for my Sears purchased appliances in March of 2006.
I spent considerable money to cover all of my appliances. I made a point of buying these all from Sears, as my family has been loyal to this store for years. I also had heard the service agreement would be a good one.
I have had Sears come each of the last 2 year sto get them to do the annual service check. On each occassion they have found some issue to fix. I felt glad to have this coverage. On ost occassions the workers were thorough and conscientious.
These past few months I have been getting a deluge of phone calls from an 800 (866?) number that ended in 2024. On several occassions, when I answered there was noone on the other end. Research on the internet uncovered that it was a Sears number. I chose to answer a couple of weeks ago. They were trying to sell me an extension to my service agreement. I declined the service, but asked to be connected to Service, so that I could book my final appliance maintenance inspection. On the last two occassions that transfer was dropped.
Today i phoned the sears service peole, aftrer talking to at least 5 people, it turns out that my service agreement expired March 8th, and they say there is nothing they can do for me. Further, the last supervisor, Mona, advised me that my wife had declined service when a call was made to my home. I am not married.
I was advised that there is no exception to their rule and I will not recieve my final service call.
I am very disappointed.

Ti

Comments

• Vo
      4th of Feb, 2010

well i bought a front load washer a kenmore he 2 plus .when i bought it 2008 .i went to the midland sears store .they told me about this machine but what they did NOT tell me was not to put the machine on a main floor, i have a moblie home .so we bought this piece of junk .thinking we were getting a good machine wrong . when the guys delievered the machine they set it up leveled it so we tried it all the machine did was shake really bad .so i read manual said put a piece of wood under three qurter in plywood to try to stop the shake .make sure it was level did that call for service a while back the guy came told us that we should have been told NOT to buy this front load only meant for basements cement floors only NOT main floors .now that we have this machine when it starts to spin it shakes so bad the whole place shakes.every time it spins .i hate this machine and i should have be told from your sales people about this problem .you should not try to sell something that causes this problem .so i want to know what you can do for me to fix the machine so it will not skake or take back and sell me a top loader .the protection agreement is good till febuary 5 2011 so i think your company should help me with this .i buy a lot of appliances from you and if you can't help me i will look at other actions .so please get back to me .please BILLWHITE MIDLAND ONTARIO 705 -527-5413 I HATE THIS MACHINE