Sears / faulty product and poor service

We Bought a Kenmore Ellite refrigerator and freezer. These are two separate units one whole refrigerator, and one whole freezer in January also bought the 5 year warranty. The refrigerator started leaking. After several attempts to repair, they have decided to replace the refrigerator (That was over 3 weeks ago and I still have not heard from them) so I continue to wipe the floor from the leaky refrigerator and I am really worried that this is going to damage my floor, (I wonder if Sears is interested in replacing my floor). The freezer is also having problems with icing on the door, so they scheduled an appointment and had some parts shipped to the house, the repair man comes last week and says they are doing a different repair attempt and ordered more parts and left, so the parts came and the repair man came today and tried to fix it, now the freezer is not freezing anymore, in fact it is starting to sweat, my items are starting to thaw out and the $250.00 food loss coverage they offer wouldn't even began to cover my items in my freezer. I called the repair department to try and set up service they said well the earliest is tomorrow between 8-5. They did not care that this is an emergency, they will not do anything to help. I bought their warranty on good faith and paid for it up front and they have the nerve to tell me the only thing they have to do is to schedule an appointment. I am very disappointed in Sears and their service.
The stress of this situation has been very difficult on my self and my family. By the way they have known about the problem with the freezers for over a year.

I would like for them to replace my refrigerator and freezer with the Kenmore Pro, and I think they need to do it with a huge discount. (Kenmore Ellite is made by Frigidair and Kenmore Pro is made by Whirlpool). I have suffered a lot of loss, not only with items that I have lost due to faulty product also the time I have spent many hours waiting for their service.

Ma

Comments

• Da
      1st of Feb, 2009

i know this was posted awhile ago but i have a comment to make, i work at sears and you are stupid for thinking that kenmore elite is made by frigidaire and pro is made by whirlpool when in fact pro is made by frigidaire and some of the elite products are made by whirlpool. plus i am surprised you are having such trouble with the service. you guys all expect instant gratification well it just cant happen because times are tough and there arent enough technicians to go to everyone's house on the same day and exactly when you want them to. in the store i work in we only have one technician for the whole electronics department. so be patient your product will be fixed and as for you dont take the piece of junk kenmore pro which is made by frigidaire and stick with the kenmore elite or go to jenn air or something else but not pro.