7601 South Cicero Avenue, Chicago, IL, 60652, US

Reviews and Complaints

Searssears sucks

I was a sears employee, before they wrongfully accused me of embezzling money from a company that I put my heart and soul in to for the past 6 months. I can assure you that I am a well kept and honest person. To have my character attack so, hurt me very much mentally and emotionally. Why was I chosen to have such allegations put on my table I guess I will never know but I can tell you one thing I was the best the had. I was taught that good things happen to good people but I know now that good things never happen to those people they just got lucky. I was very unlucky to have spent all my time and effort in a company that can give two craps about who you are. Personally I will never work for sears or kmart again all they do is scam people out of there money and whom ever maybe reading this don't apply for a sears card and if you have one cancel it because they are going to boost the interest rates and start charging you even when you don't use it. So take my advise from the other side of that evil rotten phony company of theirs and tell them to shove it. Did you know that when you apply for a credit card they get $1000.00 for each one as an individual I made them the month of july $81, 000 dollars and I got fired because a friend gave me a gift card for $0.94 that I used for my purchase. That's how low down they are so whether you are a customer or an employee they will and I do mean will # you over...

• Fo
      forwht Aug 22, 2008

### SEARS THEY ARE COMPLETE ###S!!!

• Sc
      scooterdod Sep 02, 2008

I know what you mean .. when i went to work for sears i was assaulted physical, by the manager! of the auto center, they do not know how to treat their employees, , they screw you out of commission! ! ! My manger in the auto center worked for target at 1 point in time, , , and was caught embezzling from them (WHY IS HE A MANAGER! ! !) i worked for them for six months also and they just screw you over one after another (VERY BAD COMPANY TO WORK FOR) and when you train you get $9.00 per hour, , then after that you go to $5.75 per hour the screw with their books to make it seem you are making over 8 bucks per hour that's crap (SEARS SUCKS )

• Ki
      Kim S Nov 13, 2008

Sounds like sour grapes to me...and pleeeez...an associate being given $1000 for a credit app is ridiculous. Last I heard it was $5.00, so while you may be mad...lets tell the truth here.

charlotte Nov 14, 2008

i have a sears credit card i sent the check to the wrong credit card and sears cash it so i call them and they said they would sent me a check witch i never got i call several time and was told they where investigation it and the last person i talk to said there no investigation they lie to me i have paid them already and told the girl to put it back on my sears they will charge me a interest on my card the next time but i, m not paying for the interest only what i owe and then cancel them my advice is to not get a credit card with them and tell your friend too

samantha emerson Dec 01, 2008

My boyfriend and i were both hired at Sears. After a week my bf was fired for stealing what they said was over $1000 fromt he ccash register and putting $500 on a giftcard. :/ I still work there and i like it, the manager is pretty cool.

but anyways my question is, he needs to work. so if he applies for another job will this ### about being fired be on his record?? oh and we are both under 18.

please answer, i need help :/

-Samantha tucson, az

• Cr
      Cremy03 Dec 19, 2008

Sound like a lot of people with unjustified problems. First off I worked at sears up until 3 months ago and trust me I never would have left if I was making $1000 per credit app. If you made 81, 000 in one month you probably wouldn't be using that .94 cent gift card. You are coming across as stupid, from what I remember it is $2.00 per app if you get at least five in a month. Can you even define embezzlement, I currently work LP for another company and I have never heard of a store level employee being fired for 'embezzlement'. Sounds like your not showing the whole story.

As for samantha, since your boyfriend is under 18 most likely not unless they call his former employer. How it typically works is an employee caught stealing, is usually put into a retailer database that almost all large retailers check before hiring an employee. Because he was under 18 though there is a chance he was not entered into this database. Bad way to get started at such a young age.

CopperDragon Jan 07, 2009

People need to READ what a post says before replying. "Sears Sucks" did not say HE made $1, 000 per CC app, he said SEARS made that. He made SEARS $81, 000 in a month, meaning he solicited 81 consumer applications. He probably made $0.00, because they only run "incentive" promotions now and then where employees actually get anything, then they tax it at 55% as a "gift". The Bank underwriting the Sears Branded Credit card (MSNBA, GE, ect) does pay its retailers well- after all they receive millions in finance charges every year and don't have to work to get the accounts.

I was a credit manager for another major retailer who used GE for underwriting for 5 years.

CopperDragon Jan 07, 2009

Definition: n. the crime of stealing the funds or property of an employer, company or government or misappropriating money or assets held in trust.[1]
      . . .for instance, a clerk or cashier handling large sums of money can embezzle cash from his or her employer.[2]

For an LP, or Loss Prevention (AKA Store Security) I'm surprised YOU aren't familiar with the definition. Cashiers and cash office employees are THE classic embezzlers because they often take small amounts over a long period of time so it isn't easily detected. It isn't larceny or theft because they are actually entrusted with the money. If they took a diamond ring, or a writing pen, it can be considered retail theft, larceny, or a number of different things based on the state you are in.

[1]http://www.legal-explanations.com/definitions/embezzlement.htm
      [2]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embezzle

margret Jan 28, 2009

When buy any purchase from any store on a new appliance there is a 1 yr manufacture warranty no matter what. If you choose to purchase and extended warranty say like a MPA(master protection agreement) which gives you 4 services and 4 part failures on your appliance or if it has to be repaired and can't be fixed or parts are on backorder for over 3 wks, then it will get replaced. Or there is a SSA that if your appliance is demended unrepairable then it gives you upto $500 toward a new one. Then there is the RPA(repair protection agreement that has the repairs that you don't have to pay for, but the item can't be replaced at no cost to you. So, no matter where you buy you item, there is always an offer of an extended warranty. We must all accepted that appliances are not made like there were way back when and that there will be problems with them. So, think before you buy and to me, it is worth a little more for the extra warranty to cover my products. No one expects to have a new item break or not work, but it does happen. So whether you buy from Sears, Best Buy, Lowes or Home depot nothing isguaranteed to work forever. Cover yourself and your appliance. Only an idiot would think that something will run forever without problems. And if you dont get any satisfaction with service or the store call [protected] executive offices One Source like I did.They are willing to do what they can to help you. But if it is out of warranty with no extended warranty, then you have no one to blame but yourself.

sears auto sucks Feb 21, 2009

Same for Sears Auto Center! The work crew is awesome and friendly, its just Eric Thomspon, Eric Lamb's, and Dann (all ### manager's) are ###ing jerks. They scam me on my hours every pay check, i get paid $5.75 an hour (and they complain about over time!!! Cheap ###s) a commission rate of %2 ###ing percent which comes out to be $9.00 an hour YAY!!!, no health care, no benefits what so ever!!! "There is no future working for sear's, you never get a chance to step forward..." as my co-worker, who has working for sears 14 years, told me. What ever you do DON"T WORK FOR SEARS AUTO CENTER!!! No matter how hard you try to sell your ### off in the end when you get your paycheck, it feels like your getting ripped off! OOOOOH and when they say they got a buy three get one free sale its a ###ing lie!! they just raise up the price of each tire in order to make up for the "FREE FOURTH TIRE".

• St
      stardust Feb 22, 2009

Sears just fired me two days ago saying i stole money aka a gift card... WHEN I DIDNT. they pulled me into the LP office explained to me why they thought i was trying to scam them but didn't.

SO when i did a return w/o a recite and i got a bit more money back. but i didnt think of it as stealing, but every time i did a return w/o a recite i always got less money back...they never pulled me into the office to see if got my money back but omg the one time i got a bit more money back i apparently stole from them.

SEARS IS A SCAM

sears dose not pay you for all your hours
      sears dose not pay you for all your credit application processes
      and when you complain about it they ignore you.

they fired me, and now some fat ### in LP is saying i do this from store to store...
      O_o

and the only time i ever did a return with out a recite was for a exchange but just once...

wow.

plus sears ###s you over there their credit cards, don't EVER apply for one.

• La
      laurashy Feb 24, 2009

i was fired from kmart yesterday...and arrested for retail theft. It was my fault, I ###ed up...i wasn't ringing some purchases up for other employees and they were doing the same for me...needless to say, about 4 of us were let go...escorted by the police.
      Now that all being said, I never had a problem with my time not being paid, I always received my commission for selling the replacement plans and the credit card applications (it is $2 per application...after you get 5 in a month)
      What I did have a problem with is they would schedule me for 15 hours a week, then call me on my days off to come and cover for someone...and if I couldnt come in, they would tell me that I was not a reliable employee and that is why I was only scheduled for 15 hours a week. I was there 5 months and only missed 1 day of work...covered peoples hours when they were a no call no show and even worked on the floor (i was a cashier) when they were short in that area.
      Now, I am not looking for someone to tell me I am stuipd for stealing, I already know that...i figured it out all by myself as I was getting fingerprinted and photographed at the police station.
      Well, thats it, just wanted to put my 2 cents in...
      Oh I probably will never work for them again either...they dont want me anymore

• Ne
      Neverquit Jun 04, 2009

They sure don't give a crap about their underpaid employees. I just recently requested a two week emergency leave to go out of the country and handle some family emergencies. The request was made 1-2 months prior the actual date I had to go. Couple of days before I had to go to my trip they denied it. Of course their not obligated to give me the time off considering I was a part-time associate. But come on at least give me the heads up a few weeks before hand so I can make my final desicions to put my two weeks notice or something. But yeah It's not worth all the trouble for CHEAP Labor. Goodluck in life ladies n gentz.
      P.S. ### Sears and everything in it.

• Ne
      Neverquit Jun 04, 2009

Oh I forgot I worked there for a Year and 4 months.

• Da
      damspecial Jun 15, 2009

Hello:

I work for Sears in Richland County. I would like to know if it's ok if you're a stock-shipping and receiving employee and your supervisor makes you go outside and sweep and/or clean up the parking lot. I would think that either maintenance or housekeeping would be responsible for this.

I understand the "other duties as assigned, but this would be within your immediate department, not going to do work where there are employees that are actually assigned to these duties.

Looking forward to your response.

Frustrated employee that feels like I'm being used wrongfully.

• Re
      rebelgirl2828 Jun 18, 2009

I work in Loss prevention, we do not falsly accuse people of stealing money. We cant even interview you unless we have proof... and as far as the other complaints about sears...let me tell you something. I have worked for them for 9 years, are they always fair? NO...Do I get paid what I think I am worth? NO...I have several gripes about them, but every two weeks I get a check...I have a job. So...before you run them in the ground too much...appreciate that you have a job when so many other americans are losing everything they have because they dont. If you dont like working for Sears...go see if you can find a job some where else. Chances are you cant...stop complaining...at some point they offered you a job for X amount of money and at some point you said YES...so there is no one to blame but yourself. To comment on "the other duties" do you know that it takes less time to do something than it does to stand around and belly ache about it? I am tired of seeing lazy ### people come to work for the company that want to belly ache and stand around doing nothing instead of doing they best they can. It doesnt matter if you make 5 an hour or 100 an hour...you should do the best you can. You accepted the job and the pay...so shutup or quit...be happy you have a job.

• Su
      Suckitsears Jul 03, 2009

To damspecial...I work at the Sears in Champaign IL...I just had to do that ### the other day myself, i just sweep the ### into the street...now its the malls problem. I've been working for them for all of 2 weeks now and of those 2 weeks I've had 2 days off...I was under the impression that I was a Part time employee...?

• Cs
      CSV Jul 11, 2009

This complaint isn't sour grapes. The employee doesn't get $1, 000, the store gets that from the credit card company. I also was accused of stealing and fired. I have never in my life stolen anything from anyone. Sears has no reason to treat their employees like this. You say that you always heard that good things happen to good people. I believe that too. We were both lucky enough to get out of Sears and that is a good thing in itself. I got a better job with more money and I wouldn't go back to Sears if they begged and paid me double.

• Re
      reptiles rule Jul 22, 2009

i disagree i live in florida i guess its different here from illonios

• MZMICHIGAN Jul 26, 2009

It sounds like there was an ambitious LP Manager who needed to build there cases of internals. You got caught in the middle of "Retail" politics. It happens more than you know.

• MZMICHIGAN Jul 26, 2009

@rebelgirl2828, From the sound of it you must be a manager. Because the tone of your entry sounds like that Manager lingo and way of thinking. I to work in LP also and there have been times that people have been fired and the reasons have been questionable. When working in LP you have to see things from every possible view point. It may be that a friend gave her the gift card. She should have asked if it was ok if she used the card 1st. Now the problem may have been that she made a purchase for the friend using that gift card and used her discount card also. Then that would lead into discount abuse. Your way of thinking is why LP get a bad rap. It is not us against them.

• Mi
      Micketo Jul 30, 2009

I have a friend who went to buy some jeans for his girlfriend. He forgot his cash at home and borrowed some from his girlfriend, intending to pay her back. The eye-in-the-sky (LP) caught it and fired him. In most retail stores, the employee would be asked why he did that, if he was aware of the associate discount policy, and would be written up and told not to do it again. He lost his job over a $25.00 pair of jeans, in which case, he had the right intentions. I know this because I was there. I told the LP Lead what happened and he said that they sent it through corporate for review and so there was nothing they could do anymore...

On a side note, I was somewhat harassed by the LP guy when I went in to buy shoes on my day off. He asked to see my receipt. I gladly showed him and nicely scolded him. Some LP officers are just ridden with power and YES they do wrongfully accuse people of theft at times. Since that day, I haven't been harassed by LP.

However, I do think some of you people are stretching the truth while others being honest

• Ba
      Bahahaha Aug 07, 2009

My goodness people.

First of all .. your heart and soul?? Into sears? They don't ask for that nor does any employer. They trade money for work not heart and soul. So if they dont fulfill your drained soul dont cry about it .. just stop wtih the soul giving and stick to selling or what ever you were hired to do.

As for pay, if you feel you have been burned there are avenues. If you choose to not follow those then complaining is rather petty. A story which ends in "the arbitrator agreed and charged Sears to pay me in full" THAT might carry weight. Tears over claimed owings.. meh.. what kid doesn't carry that cross around (often unfounded).

Try fending for yourselves out there and using the system to get whats yours IF its yours. These "poor me lame ###" forums are a real gas to read though.

• Op
      ops this Aug 12, 2009

I worked at sears for almost three years as an assistant store manager of operations and I for one know at my store my LP staff were always being screamed at by the LP District Manager to get internals, associate arrests. Everyone was a suspect and a possible STAT. Oh also I was let go for a young "lady" accusing me of harrassment, funny she accussed me of that about an hour after I wrote up her LP boyfriend for being 45 mins late. Sears tried to keep me from getting unemployment but I fought it and won. The state told sears that they didnt even have enough prof to fire me in the first place. This was about two months before sears decided to cut several management possitions in the company including mine. I think they just wanted to save a little earlier. I wouldnt suggest that anyone try to work for sears, its worse than a soap opra there.

• Le
      Lee Usa Aug 17, 2009

My 74 year old mother was fired from Sears and escorted off the property by a security guard after selling a pair of men's jeans for the price that came up on her computer. She had worked in the Baby Department for 17 years, had so many stars on her name tag it weighed down her top. She was named Regional Salesperson just a year before they got rid of her and had JUST been given yet another reward for outstanding service THE DAY they fired her.

Mom saw the price for the men's jeans on her computer and even asked another salesperson (from the Men's Department) if that was the right price. He said yes. But later that week, she was called in, told she had ripped off Sears and was being fired -- they said she should have called a manager up in pricing to triple check that the price was correct. Even though she'd had glowing evaluations, never missed a day of work (hated being on vacation) and had never been reprimanded in her life -- she was fired and escorted off the property in tears.

Mom was making $11 an hour at that time and had benefits. The two teenagers Sears hired to replace Mom made less than $7 with no benefits. Within a year, all the older Sears workers were gone. Some were also accused of minor misdoings that belied their many years of good and loyal service. Needless to say, we don't shop at Sears any more.

• Le
      Lee Usa Aug 17, 2009

ps...Mom sued Sears for wrongful firing -- and won. Sears even teed-off the judge by refusing to send him Mom's file with her evaluations.

Oh, and Mom is still working at age 85 for WalMart now. She's on vacation this week -- and still hates missing her job. She can't wait for the back-to-school rush. :-)

• Ad
      Adgirl Aug 24, 2009

Oh yeah, they do have numbers they are supposed to reach and if they are too far off for too long, they will make stuff up to can someone...whatever gets them the most points on their score card.

• Li
      Libby859859 Aug 30, 2009

How about you dont steal and then maybe you can keep a job. LP in any retail goes through EXTENSIVE investigations BEFORE they pull any employee to ensure that they are not wrong. Its more like YOU SUCK!

• Fa
      fail Aug 30, 2009

You're an idiot you don't even know how the system works, and you also are stupid for accepting a store credit gift from someone. 6 Months isn't anything and you're right you won't work for sears again because they have you marked as nonhirable lol. The real problem is LP is put into a position where they have a quota of internal/external terminations that are expected to happen. You were obviously expendable and they found a legit way on paper to get rid of you. Sorry life sucks make yourself more valuable so you aren't fired in the future.

• Do
      Doodles Sep 04, 2009

Im writing this on behalf of my Husband Rusty who worked for Sears Auto for 14 yrs, and out of no where got fired.Rusty is very honest and thought the world of the people he worked with.one day at work he put on sears tires on our car a service that is free to customers with sears, it is a 30 dollar value if tires are not from sears.the district manager Harold called him into the office and asked him why he did that?Rusty said he honestly did not relize it was a problem because it is a service that is done for free.He got fired the next day.Heres the corker.he found out the next day that a guy who also worked in the auto department, who had worked for sears for 5 years was caught on video stealing buissness from sears to people that did not want to pay sears prices he did it for them for money on the side. they found atleast over 1, 060 dollars worth of proof.well they just suspended him for the weekend.I don't understand and im so sad for my husband because it's just not fare.He was a great worker and all his coworkers were in total shock including his manager.He is a good person who loved the people at the store he worked with.Why did sears treat my Husband like this?

• Do
      Doodles Sep 04, 2009

oh and a comment to fail.can you tell me why my husband was fired for a service that is free to customers but dares not to let an honest employee for14 years have the same.also tell me why?and how someone came to the conclusion that someone who without question stold over 1000mdollars worth of buissness from sears was only suspended.since your from lp explain that to me.or are you going to say i suck too, how can you say thats fair to my husband.

• Su
      Superdupervisor Sep 07, 2009

Love Sears, it's an all American good company. I find the sales associates to be very friendly and helpful. It's too bad Walmart is putting good old service oriented companies like Sears out of business. As far as the treatment of the employees go, I sure do hope they don't treat them like Walmart employees. Walmart has such a bad reputation in employee relations I wouldn't shop there. I guess that's ok with them though-they don't seem to be suffering without my business.

Charlied72 Oct 25, 2009

There is WAYYYY more to this story. Did your friend hand you the gift card when you were buying something with your discount? As for your credit statements, that's Citi bank not sears its not the bank of sears it's Citi Bank.

• Ih
      ihatesears Dec 31, 2009

I HATE Sears ... shopped there for many years ... spent a lot of money there ... But ... lately have had problem after problem with them ... and they do NOTHING to help. I REFUSE to shop there anymore ... they lost about $500 from me this holiday season (as that is about how much I spend there every Christmas) ... And I just recently cut my Sears card up because I no longer plan to shop there. ###S!

Sears1 Jan 23, 2010

I Work at Sears Automotive dont get me wrong i love my job but these mutha [censored]ers dont pay enough this 5.75 hr + Comm Sucks Balls

• Po
      poorsmartman Mar 15, 2010

I shop Sears all the time and never had any problems, some of their prices are cheaper than Wal Mart and their merchandise is of a much better quality.

• Zo
      ZombieGuru Apr 22, 2010

Its the same BS no matter where you go. These people no how to work the system, and they know how to ### us all over. Did you know that management classes actually teach you how to intimidate employees???? Or did you also know that companies like this are all the same? They screw their employees into a hole and know that because of the economy, they don't have much of a choice. Either take a risk and quit, or just put up with the BS. The solution I found that works more than 90% of the time, always go above upper management. I've worked places and called reliable people from corporate offices, and not just some secretary, I mean the actually people themselves. And AVOID unions. They are total BS. Basically, your paying the company for your benefits, and the unions never actually help. Especially since they know all the loop holes, and the unions basically eat out of their hands. Plus, they don't really make a difference. I worked for Meijers in DeWitt, MI for two years. And because of some ### I got screwed out of my vacation time which I planned to spend with my fiance and family. BS. I quit. They treated us like ### there, and they kept trying to write me up for stupid bull ###, and the union is useless, they couldn't even get me my vacation time just because the manager in question gave it to the only other guy in my department, and they tried to say that he hired in before me which is why he got choice pick of time off, even though records plainly and clearly state that I was hired in two weeks before him. I recommend to EVERYONE. Do NOT shop or work for Meijers. They will scam you and rip you off with crappy conditions, and poor quality products. Just like the $1000 card scam, I got involved min that ### too. ###, I knew better than to make that company anything for that ###. And besides, I hate that ###ing town. All the customers there treated us like ###, and were always threatening to get us fired if we even looked at them funny. These people are all stuck-up, over paid, old-### ###s. They think just because they have money that they are BETTER than us. ###, they live in worse conditions then I do, and I got a ### hole apartment. Must be cause they are all ###ed up on crack or something. Thats DeWitt for ya, and don't get me started on the ###ing police out there.

• Zo
      ZombieGuru Apr 22, 2010

I also work at Wal-Mart. I can say that conditions are no better there. They ### over the employees just the same as they do at Sears. Luckily, no union. But Sam Walton would totally go zombie and kill those ###ers if he knew what they were doing. His kids have nothing to do with the company anymore, just greedy ###s. No better than politicians. All the ###ing same. One of Sam's son's is on the board, but only as an honorary member. He doesn't even get to vote! All BS!

• Gr
      Gregory 222 Jun 10, 2010

HEar is why Sears sucks.
      This all happened over the last month. I'm list the event backward.

1st, I went in and they told me that i could get 10 off if i let them upgrade my Sears Card. Well, there was no upgrade they sent me a [censor]ing credit card from CITI BANK. I call CITI and they told me they have had allot of people calling with the same issue. This is not to mention that the card was at 25%. My Sears card was like 14%.

2nd. I went in to buy my wife a new comforter cover for my wife. It took 4 people and over 30min of my time for them to tell me that they only sell them online. As i was walking out to the mall guess what i saw. Comforter Covers. Right are you getting this.

3rd I went in and bought a new compression tester from the tool department. Got it home and it broke. Took it back to get a new one, they told me that they do not have one and that if i wanted a replacement i would have to get a refund and then order it out of the catalog and they would have it shipped to the store. Ok so the guy could not figuerout how to do a refund. get this i had to go get someone to help him after 30min of watching him. Now they told me the tool would be in in 1 week. Guess what, one week went and i called and they told me they had not gotten the tool in yet i would need to wait another week. that week went by and nooo tool. So i got my refund.
      This is just the tip of the iceberg. This place just goes more and more down hill every year. They will never get another dime of my money as long as i live.

• Ta
      taste Jun 10, 2010

Touch?

Comments

mosdog234 Jun 25, 2010

liars Sears is not a scam tards its a retail putlet and we you dont CYA other EMPLOYEES AKA PEOPLE JSUT LIKE YOU(idiots who don't even understand what the word scam means aka you get nothing and someone pulls one ever aka BIG MAN CAN I HOLD A THAT 100 BILL FOR YA)either mess up or blame you...fact half the people complaining are lying and did the things they did and don't want to fess up the other half are exaggerating and complain other employees on the whole of sears...hilarious and sickening...

• Ve
      very disturbed and disgusted Jun 29, 2010

I have read the comments; some are true others are not, the overwhelming truth is Sears doesnt give a damnabout its employees, they spend million on advertising on extreme makeover and pay their employees nothing. When are they going to wise up you get what you pay for.

saabfnatic350ex Jul 18, 2010

I remember one time I was shopping at Sears 'cause they had that scratch n' save thing, and I noticed that all of their scratch sections had a thin line already scratched off. It's obvious that an employee must've done it to find all the good tickets and then sell 'em of later of something. No shame, no shame...

• Be
      Bennefield Aug 16, 2010

My son was fired from Sears Holdings.My son suffers from Deprssion and Panic attacks.He had a very bad panic attack while working in the warehouse and asked the supervisor if he could go home about 12 minutes away to get his medicine the supervisor told him No.It got so bad that my son called me and ashed me to come get him and bring him home so I did.The supervisor called the warehouse manager and told him that my son walked of the job.The manager called my son and told him they no longer need him.That fine nice way to treat someone with a mental illness.Now my son is tring to get help for it but it's with no insurance so he filed for Medicare they told him he needs a letter saying that he no long is working for Sears.My son called the warehouse they just gave him a run around and nobody would help him with this. So he tried going to the warehouse the manager told him there is nobody there to help him and that he had to leave and don't call or come back that he is [censor]ing lier about his illness.So I went to the warehouse to try and talk to the manager and hope that he would under stand he told me the same thing nobody there can help me and he don't know the number of the Human resource manager he then told me that the reason he told my son to leave and don't come back is because my son was upset stuttering crying and making himself look like a [censor]ing idot.Needless to say I will NEVER SHOP at Sears or kmart ever again.I will be talking to a lawyer about this.

• Wo
      Wombat77 Aug 18, 2010

My family has been doing business with Sears for 50 years. I grew up with the Sears Christmas catalog. This was America to me.

My company has 300 employees and we do a fair bit of business. I paid my bill on time on the internet, saving gas and the environment, rather than driving to a store. But it turns out it was past 5 pm on the east coast so the payment was overdue, so they tacked on a late fee. I talked to a nice person on the phone and he said they would waive the late fee. Then I got a letter saying they would not waive the late fee because the payment I had paid on time was late, now they have tacked on another late fee on the late fee.

I have bought thousands of dollars of appliances, barbecues, clothes and sheds from Sears. You want $59 in late fees you didn't earn, go sell drugs on the street. I'll charge a few dollars every couple of moths on my card and pay it off. Zippo profit. I have a vacuum with a service agreement and that thing coughs or stutters once and it will go into the shop. I have a backup to do the real work.

I'll bad mouth these sorry set of lawyers and wall street rejects every chance I get. Home Depot? Yes! Equally bad service but no pretensions. Best Buy? Better prices! Try Walmart, Target, Ross. Amazon has free shipping.

I don't know if the Saudis bought Sears or if Sears just sold out on their own, but we deserve value for our dollar and not a bunch of lawyers screwing us over small print.

NoMoreLockedDoors Sep 17, 2010

Sears sucks [censor]. I was accused of leaving a shift two hours before my scheduled end and was let go because of it. I was deemed to have to many points used from the gay Action chart (3 points in about 1 month), which is bs because I know for a fact a couple of guys in electronics were always coming in late and getting free passes just because they had been there longer. Like I said Sears can suck a dick, they have a high turnover rate, and will be closed down within the next 5-7 years.

• Fe
      FedUp Sep 24, 2010

Shut up whining you sissys. The whole world knows that Sears and Kmart are the [censor] holes of retail and you dumb [censor] take jobs with those loosers? What did you think you were gonna get from a bunch of half broke, half assed amateurs? Go get a real job and let the maggots have retail. It sucks and you picked the suckiest of them all.

• As
      asdaadas Sep 29, 2010

[censor] SEARS!!!

Joseph Costa Oct 13, 2010

I had a collection company call me, they said that I have not paided my accont bill, but the problem is that sear's never put
      my townhome apt # on the mailing address for the bill,
      so the post office sent it back to sear's, but when I made the appl.
      for the sear's card, I did wright my complete address on the form with my unit #, SEAR'S never used my unit # when mailing me the bill,
      so the post office sent back to sear's.
      I charged $ 74.00 and now sear's is saying that I must pay them $ 276. 00.

SEAR'S, FAILED TO PUT THE CORRECT INFORMATION ON THE ACCOUNT FOR MAILING.

• Pi
      Pizzagal Nov 24, 2010

I never liked Sears anyway

searssucksass10 Nov 30, 2010

I worked for sears and they suck [censor]!!! They are suppost to send my childsupport in every two weeks...Months later I find out they have been sending it to the WRONG STATE! Now, Florida says I have not been paying my childsupport and all Sears does is send me to a call center in [censor]ing India over and over again!! They made this mistake but will not fix it. Now I have to hire a lawer and spend all this money for their mistake so I don't go to jail for not paying my support. THEY refuse to help me fix this problem! I had to Qiut so my childsupport would not continue going to the wrong state. They have turned my life into a nightmere! [censor] YOU SEARS!!!

Searsboy4eva Jan 01, 2011

I am sure there is more to the story that we are not hearing. That said Sears the company does not care too much about the associate. I know from experience that the company drives local store managers and associates to the edge of ethical work in order to maintain various quotas. In order to maintain the requirements set for them the managers start to bend the rules or look the other way when things are happening that are questionable. For example: stores are required to get 'shop your way reward' sign ups. Associates have been told that they are to get 25 per day and that means even signing up people on the outside. There are associates in my store bringing in 100-2oo forms per day. All they are doing is pulling the information required off the Internet and signing up people that they do not know. The management knows this is happening, but as far as they are concerned it is all good. The home office must know this is happening also since the numbers from some stores are way disproportionate to others. 2) Stores are required to get store to web orders. This means that the more orders you place at one of the computers in the store the higher your numbers. Now the company did make the rule that the merchandise has to be out of stock in the store or not carried in the store, but that is not hard to do since we never have enough mowers, snow blowers or fridges in the building. If the associate is really cleaver he will sell the product via the kiosk and then sell the warranty separate. This allows the store to hit the store to web number and get the warranty percentage requirement up. 3) I don't know how many times i have seen people sign up for a sears master card when they thought they were looking up their regular card. The associate has to hit numbers on sears applications and they have little old ladies sign their name onnthe form and then type their social security number. Within minutes the little old lady saved $10 and the salesperson got credit for the application. So does the store and the management. ( this is wrong and people in my store have been fired for it in the past, but it happens still to this day since management looks the other way. Like is it really possible for the girl working in the kids department to get 50 applications over a weekend? Sears will tell you that they have the ethics line to call 88sears. Well I have called and they are only a bunch of people that say what the rules are when you are being fired. When you report something they tell you to talk to your 'store coach' aka store manager. I have spoken to him and my manager in the past and they tell me that technically there is nothing wrong with this questionable behavior. The customer should be looking at the application if they are signing it or there is nothing wrong with selling the warranty on seperate foam the online order. I try to do it right, but when i hear my district manager going nuts on the managers because he wants to win a contest or to meet the CEO no matter what. Eventually people cross the line or get caught and Sears needs to prove that they are honest and fire good people who only doing things because Sears encouraged it.

Well i need to het back to work. My manager said that is i do not get 5 more shope your way rewards i will have no hours next week.

• Fe
      FedUp Feb 04, 2011

Two things you never do with Loss Prevention. First Never talk to them and insist they direct any questions through your attorney to prevent any misunderstandings. Second, don't sign anything. One of their favorite tricks is to get you to sign a General Release so you can't sue them for what they accuse you of. They will also try to get you to sign some kind of statement or admission. Don't you dare. They will also like try to get you to sign some sort of restitution agreement, which means you pay them ridiculous amounts of money or they will have a collection agency legally dog you to death. Never sign and never talk. I don't care how tempted you are, how obligated you feel, how much they tell you you have to - DON'T. Tell them to call your lawyer. If they are going to fire you or prosecute you they will do it anyway and most of the store level chumps don't have the authority to make any real decisions anyway. These clowns are a bunch of over egoed amateurs. DON'T SIGN & DON'T ANSWER QUESTIONS. Got It?

searssucksbigtime Feb 23, 2011

On February 9 I placed on order over the phone with Sears for an item that costs several hundred dollars. Minutes later, I called them again to change the place of delivery for the order. Here's what happened:
      1. Instead of being able to make an edit for the delivery location, they have to cancel the entire order.
      2. I said to them, please don't charge my credit card again for the same item. They reassured me that it is no big deal and that the money would be credited back to my credit card.
      3. I notice that the amount available on my credit card is much less than I imagined.
      4. I phone the credit card company and discover that there were two purchases made to Sears for the same item. Sears did not credit the cancelled purchase back to my credit card.
      5. I phone Sears several times to find out what is going on. As always, the person answering the phone has to connect me with a customer service representative. They tell me that the order was processed and that the cancelled item is being shipped across the country. They then inform me that money can't be credited back to my credit card until it reaches it's destination in several weeks time.
      6. One of them helpfully forwards my issue to Sears credit department to credit my money back without making me wait so long.
      7. After making a call to Sears, I have to painfully extract information to the effect that whoever is in charge of such matters at Sears credit department decides against doing so in my case, until the item reaches it's destination across the country in several weeks time.

Sears sucks.

• Jj
      jj101 Feb 25, 2011

[censor] sears theyre [censor] with hours and commission i hate that [censor]ing place damn 2 faced mfers

• Mr
      Mr. Respectable Apr 01, 2011

I agree with everyone on how awful SEARS is. They used that Bait and Switch scam on me with a low 5% interest rate, then after one year the rate shot up to 25% and no way in HELL will they come down on that rate.
      I did business with SEARS ever since I was 17 years old and first got married. Now 40 years later I ask them to reduce that high rate and they say NO!...40 years or never making a late payment and that's how they treat me, a life time costumer. Not anymore!...I hope them all the best, they're going to need it as long as they keep going down this road screwing good costumers.

Monster666 Apr 14, 2011

Some of you guys don't listen, what he said is that, Sears makes 1000.00 when we process an application while the cashier only gets 2 dollar out of it...I am currently working for sears, I agree it is a terrible company, you get put under a lot of stress and get paid [censor]. The company is going broke so they could care less about everyone, as long as they get their money they are happy, even if it means screwing peoples credit.

Monster666 Apr 14, 2011

I am currently working at Sears, I agree with you Sears is a terrible company. They put the associate under a lot of stress they want you to check out costumers, put up clothes, push people to apply for credit and push people to join Shop your way rewards. I hope it is not true that sears makes $1000.00 while the associates gets only $2.00 out of it. Sears is going broke that is why they could care less about people, they just want their money. Even if it means screwing other peoples credit.

• Ho
      HowStupid Apr 19, 2011

Yeah go somewhere else...their customers already did...

Searssucks83 Apr 29, 2011

I am also a Sears employee. I got written up for not getting my quota on the rewards program. I have been with the company now for 2 years. I go out of my way to ask for projects and paperwork when it is dead in the store. I treat customers with the upmost respect, and try to have them smiling when they leave the store. I've been in the top 3 for credit throughout the store for the past year and a half.
      They basically told me I would get fired if I didn't start meeting the quota. Whatever happened to the good days where retail was about helping a customer, providing good products. Now it is all about selling peoples info, making top dollar on a rewards program. Screw Sears, and their lack of loyalty to their employees and customers.

• Jt
      jtmarie Jun 03, 2011

Sears is a piece of ### - hands down.

They subcontracted joe- blow to install our furnace 20 months ago and he found a friend who he hunted with to do the electrical. I called and [censor]ed that day and they did nothing. The next month our gas bill had doubled since putting in the new unit. 20 months later after they told us, point blank, "we have never returned a furnace and you aren't about to be the first", we filed a complaint with the better business bureau. ### was taken care of. We said we want a full refund and take your ### unit out. An inspection was done and guess what - they failed the entire inspection miserably. NOTHING about the installation was to code, including the electrical! Go figure! They said the way it was hooked up caused the unit to overwork and overuse gas. Today, they refunded our money to our credit card and we watched them rip that furnace out and take it away. Thank goodness!

We asked for a return right away - as in two weeks after it was installed. They fought us - hard! My advise - -- take it to the better business bureau! They HAVE to resolve the issue or else they take a huge hit on the BBB ratings and this has a huge impact on their company.

So, they've NEVER taken out a furnace before ... but today was a new day past NEVER because guess what? Today, Sears took out and refunded our furnace!

Searsworker Jun 19, 2011

Sears is a terrible company to work for. I worked there for 4 years and got fired last week, actually I couldn't even tell you if I quit or got fired. I got into an argument with the store manager because she kept throwing the fact that I was full time in my face, like it's something special. I walked out for a breather, 5 minutes later come in because I calmed down went to go apologize to her, the softline ASM had called her and tells me I've been terminated. For what? expressing my feelings towards the company? For being upset that I worked my ### off doing manager like things when I wasn't a manager, or a lead, I was an MCA in shoes. CORRECTION: A FULL TIME MCA IN SHOES. Because that matters. Sears is the ### of the earth. And yes it is 100% true that Sears gets $1, 000 for every credit application they get, they have a contract with Citibank and if they don't fulfill their agreement they owe them money. I know the in's and out of that store and it's a giant disaster. All the problems are corporate based but they don't know how to fix them, they expect store level employees to fix their problems which is majorly impossible. Send out a help ticket is the most our store manager had to say about anything, and the responses on those "Thank you for pointing this out to me" that's what they had to say! It'd take them about a week to fix the problem and by that time it didn't even matter anymore. All in all, I hope Sears goes out of business. Every employee they have will soon see the real side of them. Get out before its too late.

• Wt
      wtf12345 Jun 21, 2011

Sears is a bull ### company I ve been there for 4yrs now with out a raise still making minimum wage. I kno there's a lot of ppl out there with no job but with the amoutn of work that sears makes there workers do I honestly think they should be payed more. I'm a cashier n I have to deal with long lines curving corners with only two cashiers ringing because therre to cheap to give other workers hours or there to busy cutting ours from associates becuz they not getting enough customers to sign up for credit cards. I end up taking lunch breaks at 845 pm when the store closees at 9pm like how ridiculous is that. Now we have stupid annoying ASMs walking around every five min asking how many credits and shop your way rewards card did u enroll. Like its really a horrible place to work n they don't give a ### about there employees. On the search for a new job

• Ha
      Harman5288 Jul 30, 2011

I worked for the sears auto department. When i was hired, the manager told me that i would start out as stock guy, but if i did not like it i could talk to him in 1 week and get moved to sales associate. so i tried the stock guy thing and i HATED it. I had to stock tires that weighed alooot in a hot dark room without ventilation. Then i had to stock car batteries in a cage in the shop and got burned several times due to leaky batteries leaking battery acids and breathing it made me nauseous. There were no fans or air conditioning there and after having a pile of tires fall on me from the top sheld (12 feet high) i was exhausted, so i sat down for one second before i passed out and the manager comes out and yells at me and tells me to go home -_- So i come in the next day and he says to me that i am not scheduled today, but ishowed him on the schedule that i was, he then cursed at me and told me to get away from him, so i kept working in those conditions...I approacched him several times about being switched to sales associate like he promised me, but he kept ignoring me and once again told me to go home because i was asking him about switching me like he said he would do. Also, he did not give me or any other employee our scheduled breaks..acoording to maryland law i am to recieve 2 15 min breaks and 1 half hour if i work 8 or more hours...we all worked 11 hour shifts and no one recieved those breaks, we got one 30 min break. So when i talked to hr about it they told me they would talk to him about it for me since he was ignoring me. Well they talked to him so the next day he made me take everything off the shelves and wipe them clean, then i had to put everything back on all of the shelves (60 shelves) then i had to remove all the batteries ( that weigh 40-50 pounds each) and clean those shelves and put them back (70 shelves), then i had to shine tires and sweep the floors. All that just because i talked to hr about him, also this was a two person job, but i was the only one there and had to do all the work myself in those poor conditions. I also had to unload and stock the whole delivery truck all by myself. So i decided i had enough of his crap and i quit today. Never work for them if you value yourself

johnjustice Aug 19, 2011

See my complaint about sears; the ceo should be fired immediately.

Shareholders sleeping at the wheel.

Sell any mutual fund that has sears as one of their holdings.

Sorry that you had experience dealing with this horribly run company and I feel sorry for all hard working Sears employees who will soon probably be out of a job.

macbuff925 Sep 09, 2011

I as well had worked for Sears for about a year and 4 months and they fired me for a couple different discrepancies that my manager had told me to do and was approving in the registers as well. I hate Sears more Than ever now because not only do I not have a job but apparrnty they will be suing me for 1700 that my manager didn't back me up for! The manager ended up resigning and getting a job elsewhere not with Sears. I find it ridiculous because I like a lot of other people went out of there way to put their heart and soul into the company and now not only do they wanna screw me over but want me to die as well. Might as well [censored] because I wont have money for food or anything.

covertLP Sep 30, 2011

I worked for Sears (life standing still) for just over a year. I found a better job.. gave my two weeks.. the powers that be called me in to "terminate my employment early" huh? I gave you notice that I was leaving.. 5 days ago . I worked LP, and was told this was a normal thing, well even if the Store Manager gave their 2 weeks that they would be termed on the spot. Sounds weird I know.. but so true.. I mean you cant make this stuff up. Anyways if your on Facebook and are former Sears LP look up (Sears LP Shuffle) haha its great.. share your stories and share with your friends :)

• Pi
      pissed in NELLYSFORD Oct 23, 2012

Sear's LIES!!! Sell garbage and call customer's liars, and then when you ask for somebody higher up they say"there is nobdyelse" Yeah DONT buy from them if you expect them to stand by there products!!! Candice ext. 40 IS a LIAR herself. The mgr. said he never said the things to her, I honestly think they make it up as they go along.

SEARS EXEC EMAIL ADDRESSES Oct 25, 2012

Here are the emails and the exec phone for the big wigs at Sears! let them know how you feel over and over...maybe they will realize they have a problem?

Louis J. D'Ambrosio, CEO/ President ld’[email protected]
      Robert A. Riecker, Vice President, [email protected]

Sears Executive OfficeTelephone [protected]

• Pa
      Paul Vance Oct 26, 2012

* Stop spamming the site douchebag.

• Br
      brunelle Nov 05, 2012

again a big corporation has taken advantage of a disabled senior citizen .no help from B.B.B. OR the DBPR AFTER ALL the documentation proves i have been victimized . in my opinion all party's involved are being influenced by sears home services in some way or an other an do not want to be bothered by truth of a disabled senior citizen .B.B.B SERVES NO purpose either does the D.B.P.R. unless you have money.sears home services salesmen misleads u in their roof sales presentation. contract is done on a cd for your computer.mine malfuctioned making it unable for u to read your contract. also making it to late to cancel in 3 days notice. now u are in a binding contract. sears did not mention fine print in their contract or fine print of manufactures material being used.mfg.only guarantees u a good roof shingle. if installed not to mfg.specs. like mine an most likely all roofs. mfg.voids their product warranty .salesmen does not tell u that.

my roof was installed by their sub contractor an failed county code inspection 3 times.sears management ignored me on installation issues after multiple phone calls.managed to contact a state senator about my problem. only after that did sears respond. they had to remove a brand new shingled roof do to improper installation . i documented the complete installation of the roof .also did the same the second time.pictures of shingle nailing.sheathing drip edge ridge vents also video. pictures dont lie.new contractor for second reshingle tried to scam me on plywood that was to be repaired caught him with pics. roof is installed just as bad as first time.if not worse.passed code inspection.they are unable to see how shingles are nailed after the sun beats on them. code does not care about shoddy workmenship code is immune from prosecution. .both contractors did damage to my ceilings.both say it was not their men. contractor says men were not in attic they were in there to remove nails that miss trusses.i have video of them coming out of attic. in my opinion how can u trust a company that hires contractors that lies an are unable to install a roof to code an mfg.spec. SEARS u are the most shameful misleading co. Florida residents if u have to have a roof done avoid the SEARS . SEARS SUCKS. http://s760.photobucket.com/albums/xx249/wheredoesitallgo/Brunelles%20improper%20roof%20installation%20from%20SEARS/

• Br
      brunelle Nov 06, 2012

after seeing all the complaints about sears, sears home services .I am amazed why they are still in business .people still fall for their lies an dishonesty no matter if its a product or service.then it is to late you have been screwed.in my opinion they are being protected somehow.Even in my case code enforcement, contractor, an sears home services seems to have done some shady dealing with my roof.

• Mu
      MusicalFlames Jan 17, 2013

I agree, I'm a K Mart employee (which is owned by Sears). I've only been an employee for about 2 1/2 months and I'm going to quit working there Monday. I've technically already quit, I was supposed to work today but said screw it. And I have the rest of the week/weekend off for vacation. So Monday morning I'm calling and quitting.
      Okay so my first complaint is this, there is really no proper training besides the computer ones. They started me out on checkouts. Basically after I completed training I watched someone on the register for about maybe an hour or two and they stuck me on my own. Didn't really show me anything. My second complaint is that they are too overly focused on their Rewards card thing. Our corporate goal is to get at least 70% of our customers to either sign up or use their rewards card. Half of the customers I check out don't have it and don't want it. There's been a few days I don't even make 70% and I only reach like maybe 50% or below. And the manager got mad at me. And I plain and simple told him I'm not forcing customers to sign up for the card if they don't want it.
      My third complaint is that I recently bought a Nintendo 3DS XL in blue at K Mart one night after work. I used my card, and they started ringing me up. I NEVER got the points on my card for the 3DS. So I know we got to call that 1-800 number for the Rewards card. But the points should've gone on my card automatically. And I bought this 3DS at like the beginning of December and never received them.
      My fourth complaint is that I'm not always doing one thing. Which is fine with me. But when they stick me in a new department there's not training at all. I was one night at the jewelry counter and couldn't tell a customer or not whether a bracelet or necklace was real gold or not. Then the next night they have me doing straightening. But never told me how to fold the clothes. So I figured out later I was doing it wrong. Then got scolded that same night (first night straightening) by a supervisor telling me I can't spend an hour in a half in one section straightening.
      My fifth and final complaint is this when we're not busy. We're supposed to be either straightening our candy racks or straightening the clothes at the front by the registers. Well this gets done so much by everyone from the time we open. That half the time there is nothing to do when we have no one coming in. I live in a small town so half the time after about six or seven o' clock we don't have many customers and like 4 people on checkout and there's nothing to do. Also, they change our work schedule on us without warning or telling us before hand. There was one night I was supposed to work from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. I made sure of this because that's what the schedule on the wall by the break room said. 5 o' clock comes around and I ask a supervisor at the service desk if I can shut down my register. And he says no you can't leave yet. My sheet says you're staying until 6:30. And I complained about it. So he let me go at 5 anyway. AND I have a friend that works with me and she one day checked her schedule before she left for home and her schedule told her she'd be working from 5:15 to close (10:15). And they changed her schedule on her the next morning and made her come in an hour earlier and never told her at her. So she still came in at 5 and got wrote up. Also they cut your hours without prior warning too and there's times where I only work like 2 or 3 days a week and I'm supposed to be a full time employee? I can't pay my bills with only a $300 check every two weeks.
      Don't get me wrong, besides the lack of training, lack of communication, and some supervisors. I like working at K Mart. But I can't take the hassle of this bull ### every day. Especially when some customers don't read coupons right and they argue with you. Plus our new system sucks. Where you can't change anything about an order after you hit take payment. Like before this new one you could still void something off or add something if a customer wanted something more or no longer want an item.

• Pa
      Paul Vance Jan 23, 2013

Dude, Sears is owned by KMart.

sears sukks Jul 28, 2013

SEARS sucker me in to buy mattress it was full of bedbugs employees did know it was infested went back got credit but saleperson ran and hit when saw me coming in 3 times times they FEAR to tell truth scared of losing job I guess will be going to small claims court there in
      surence company is worse then the bedbugs going to put mattress in my pick up and park in front door this week with signs on it till I get kicked off

noname0519 Aug 10, 2013

The first job I had was at Sears and I actually liked it at first. I was there for 6 months and was one of the best they had. I would get a min of 130 credit apps a month and my customer loyalty was alwas higher than 80%. So one day I was working and I rang up pair of boots for a customer. 2 weeks later LP calls me in. ...It turns out I accidentally entered that he had paid when he didnt. I thought that they were gonna make me pay the $100 that the shoes were worth but it was worse. He started telling me how he thinks I knew that guy and that I gave him the shoes on purpose. I couldnt even belive it, he said they had evidence (the customer was supposedly pretending to enter PIN, he happened to come to my register, even if this happened i wasnt payin attention, just tryin to get people out quick). So they made me write what happened down, one of my managers came ( who I swear did not like me for whatever reason) and she fired me. Three months later got another job, forgot about this bs job. Then the ### send me a letter saying theyre suing for 1100 dollars. Im fighting it. I feel like I was an honest hard working employee who was wrongfully accused. I wasnt planning on doing nothing but bring it on ###.

noname0519 Aug 10, 2013

And there is more to the story...a few days before I was going through personal problems. Left my home to visit my sister and we decided to smoke some weed ( yes I smoke a few times a year, dont judge). As I was holding a bright blue pipe I seen an older lady who worked in the LP department walk in front of my sisters house. Im positive she seen me, so Im sure it was her who ratted me out. So 3 days later thats when they fired me. I would have rather gotten fired for making a mistake than supposedly stealing. Oh well, But looking foward to suing them.

Kevin Sweinhart Jun 08, 2015

so you are all busted up about the Sears Pay ? what th F did they tell you when you started ???? WE WILL START YOU AT MIN WAGE 7.25 per hour !!! And Y O U took the job.
      Why dont you just go back to your run down trailer & count your food stamps ... most of you just want to complain about something

Kevin Sweinhart Jun 08, 2015

i work there and love it ... i make good money & people like me there ...I command RESPECT

Kevin P Swinehart

Kevin Sweinhart Jun 08, 2015

I cater to the Browns Family when making the schedule ! I do what ever the Browns want me to
      the Brown sisters are CUTE ... Gregg is too

Kevin P Sweinhart

R O C K on S E A R S ... Kevin P Sweinhart

S E A R S rocks ... I love you SEARS ... Kevin P Sweinhart

• Po
      poorrich Nov 10, 2015

Another case of spider failure due to corrosion. Poor design. Problem compounded by sears' refusal to sell only the replacement for the failed spider bracket.

• Mi
      Michael A K Nov 20, 2015

Disappointed in Sears Customer Service
      I called your Service Department on November 16th 2015, talked with a gentlemen by the name of Ralph and he helped me purchase a Sears service agreement for repairs on my LG Washer for $232.99, but at no time did he ask or mention that I could have purchased a full Sears Protection Agreement for just over $500.00 which would have covered all my appliances, that is poor Customer Service. After purchasing the 1st agreement I scheduled a Repair for the Washing machine for Thursday the 19th between 1pm and 5pm, and a general maintenance service for the Dryer. The technician for the Dryer showed up at 1pm and was a wonderful person and he informed me about the other agreement and we called Sears on his phone and he set up the purchase of the other agreement for $411.09 that now covers my Dryer, Refrigerator, Stove and Range Hood. Also while the technician and I were on the phone he asked the status of the repair technician and they told us that he was on his way. 4 hours later he never showed up or called me or dispatch and never listed a reason why he was not going to show up and I had to call Customer Service and find out where the Technician was, and I was told by The Customer Service Department, quote “I DON’T KNOW AND I DON’T KNOW WHY HE DID NOT CALL YOU” I heard that statement by 3 different Customer service Reps and 3 Separate Customer Service Supervisors. The part that frustrates me the most is that since the technician never showed up on Thursday, Sears is telling me the best they can do is reschedule me for Wednesday the next week. So I call on Monday and between Monday and Thursday I pay Sears over $700 in Service agreements and because there Technician is unable to do his job I am told I have to wait another week and hope and pray that the technician does his job this time and shows up or at least call. That is very Sad to say the least that this is the kind of shabby Service that one of the largest retailers believes is acceptable to their customers.

Michael
      [email protected]

• Ld
      Ldd23 May 17, 2016

Sears is the worse company to work for. They hire idiots as management instead of promoting good people within the company. They make don't give you hours and expect you to give 110% for minimum wage. They have outrageous metrics they expect you to get on top of busting your ###. After four years and two management positions, they basically gave me the middle finger and told me I owe them money because their hr is an ###. Thank you Sears. Thank you for the worse management, and the outrageous expectations while treating employees like ###. I hope you close