Sears / sears is very difficult to deal with

United States Review updated:

I had a central air conditioner installed by sears 2 yrs ago. This year it caused over $30k in damage to my house. The condensation drain was improperly installed and the drip pan had tiny holes in it caused by the installer. there also was a 3/4 inch gap between the air handler and bottom of the return vent. The condensation had dripped into my attic and saturated the insullation (like a sponge). It then ran down my walls and between my sub floor and wood floor. This caused major mold issues(over $6k). Once the mold was cleaned it took almost 3 months to get my house back to normal. Had to rip up and replace w/w carpeting, wood floor, sub floor. Also had to remove much of my ceiling and several walls. My insurance covered all except the actual repair of the ac, approx 2k.

sears is very difficult to deal with. They don't return calls, they are rude, they are trying to blame everybody but themselves for the bad install and wont commit to reimbursing the 2k. Over 3 months after the damage was discovered and they still won't give me any answers. I think they just hope we will give up and go away.

Ul

Comments

• Di
      25th of Apr, 2010

Sorry to hear you have had so much trouble, not the first time i have heard about poor customer service from sears, that is why i never purchase anything major there. Hope you can resolve your problem

9th of May, 2010

I agree with you. I worked for them for years and your complaint is just another brick in a wall. Dia3766, by not buying your trashy clothes from Sears, is not going to make them go bankrupt.

• Di
      29th of May, 2010

you do not even know me nola so you don't even have the right to say that. Besides i haven't shopped at sears for over 10 years so i wouldn't know about trashy clothes from there