Sears / sears is very difficult to deal with
I had a central air conditioner installed by sears 2 yrs ago. This year it caused over $30k in damage to my house. The condensation drain was improperly installed and the drip pan had tiny holes in it caused by the installer. there also was a 3/4 inch gap between the air handler and bottom of the return vent. The condensation had dripped into my attic and saturated the insullation (like a sponge). It then ran down my walls and between my sub floor and wood floor. This caused major mold issues(over $6k). Once the mold was cleaned it took almost 3 months to get my house back to normal. Had to rip up and replace w/w carpeting, wood floor, sub floor. Also had to remove much of my ceiling and several walls. My insurance covered all except the actual repair of the ac, approx 2k.
sears is very difficult to deal with. They don't return calls, they are rude, they are trying to blame everybody but themselves for the bad install and wont commit to reimbursing the 2k. Over 3 months after the damage was discovered and they still won't give me any answers. I think they just hope we will give up and go away.
More Sears Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- Sears Lawnmower - never worked properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Home Improvement &buyer Beware& - buyer beware/contracts changed 
- Sears - problems with restocking fee 
- Sears, Inc. - slow posting of payment on account
- [Resolved] Sears Mattress - did not receive item or refund