Sears / unauthorized billing

I called sears service to request a service call for my above range samsung microwave. I answered the question asked by the appointment center. What is the item: above range microwave / manufacture: samsung Model # / Serial # my name and address: she started tell me that I have a counter top which was purchased in 1994 and that the name I gave her was wrong. I explained that the unit I am living in has been recently renovated and I am the first tenant to live here since the renovation and that all the appliance was brand new or have been purchased in the last 2 years. She repeated herself again to me and insisted it was a counter top microwave. I explained again. I then asked her to look up my name and there should be a repair log from last year on my dryer, she found that. Yet she again insisted that it was a counter top microwave. I replied if it was I would bring it in and not call for service! finally after a while she gave me a date and time which was yesturday Monday April 6, 2009 between 1:00pm and 5:00pm I left a note on the door just in case they came earlier, I got home at 12:45 from work and waited and waited and waited finally at 5:15 pm I called Sears I was down for a visit but for a range hood not a over the range microwave oven. she paged the repair person who called me back in about 30 minutes 5:45pm he told me that he was not able to be at my place till about 8:00pm and ask if I wanted him to come back on Wednesday I said NO I took time off from work today to be here and I cannot do this on Wednesday, I told him to call me before he came over he replied I need to let the department know that you still want me to come by. He showed up at 7:20pm with out calling I was sitting having dinner, I let him in. Then he took like 20 Minutes and told me that he could not fix the microwave because the repair information was for a range hood!!! He would order a megatron replacement and come back in 1 week, and I was charged $65.00 plus tax for his service!!! what a rip off...

La

Comments

• In
      5th of May, 2009

It's called a service charge, he came out to your door, and you gotta pay for the companies expense.

It was definitely wrong of that [censored] on the phone to schedule the repair for the wrong product though.