Sears / unauthorized repair!
Repair man came out to repair a 6 1/2 year old electric dryer. When I scheduled the repair on the internet, the email verification stated that the repair man would go over the charges with me. I had my husbands caretaker at home with my husband when he arrived. The repairman came in, went to the dryer, went back to the truck, came back in and handed a receipt to the caretaker, fixed the dryer, went outside, came back in with another receipt and handed to the caretaker who signed the receipt. She thought the repairman had called me for authorization when he went outside. He did nothing of the sort. He just fixed it without saying anything. The repair bill was $268. For a couple of hundred more dollars I could get a brand new dryer at COSTCO with a 2 year in home warranty. I never had the chance. Talk about getting blindsided. I called the "Executive Team" and spoke to Sylvia who was not only rude but tacky. She "insisted" the charges were approved. Too bad I nor my husband were ever told of the charges. I tried calling the service center twice and they will not return my phone calls. I have a call into the General Counsel. THE BEST PART IS THEY DON'T KNOW I HAVE VIDEO SURVEILLANCE IN MY HOME AND CAN PROVE HE DID NOT TALK TO ANYONE. I am going to dispute the charges on my credit card, file a complaint with the BBB and NEVER shop at Sears again.
More Sears Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- Sears Brands - ongoing refrigerator issue
- Sears Jewelry - Ring Repair
- Sears Brands - dishwasher repair
- Sears Brands - repair service
- Sears Brands - kenmore elite refrigerator