Sears / unauthorized repair!

1 Arlington, TX, United States Review updated:

Repair man came out to repair a 6 1/2 year old electric dryer. When I scheduled the repair on the internet, the email verification stated that the repair man would go over the charges with me. I had my husbands caretaker at home with my husband when he arrived. The repairman came in, went to the dryer, went back to the truck, came back in and handed a receipt to the caretaker, fixed the dryer, went outside, came back in with another receipt and handed to the caretaker who signed the receipt. She thought the repairman had called me for authorization when he went outside. He did nothing of the sort. He just fixed it without saying anything. The repair bill was $268. For a couple of hundred more dollars I could get a brand new dryer at COSTCO with a 2 year in home warranty. I never had the chance. Talk about getting blindsided. I called the "Executive Team" and spoke to Sylvia who was not only rude but tacky. She "insisted" the charges were approved. Too bad I nor my husband were ever told of the charges. I tried calling the service center twice and they will not return my phone calls. I have a call into the General Counsel. THE BEST PART IS THEY DON'T KNOW I HAVE VIDEO SURVEILLANCE IN MY HOME AND CAN PROVE HE DID NOT TALK TO ANYONE. I am going to dispute the charges on my credit card, file a complaint with the BBB and NEVER shop at Sears again.

Comments

4th of Jun, 2008

I completely agree, I had a similar situation with sears last week when the repairman checked my stove for a rutine check up he told me that a burner was burned out and that I would have to pay him 379.00-389.00 so that he could fix it. When I told him that i could not afford to get it fixed he got very upset and a couple of days later when i was about to make lunch for my 2 year old I discovered that nothing on my stove is working, not even the oven. I spent over a week trying to get them to come back and fix it and they told me that they will send someone out in a week or so to verify that damage was done and that after its been verified i will have to wait for another department to decide if Sears is going to fix it or not, if so they will call me to schedule another repairman to come out and fix the stove.

• Da
      29th of Jun, 2008

I reciently went and bought some cloyhes from sears, approx. $400 worth, I was aon a bargain hunting trip and when i seen a rack that said 50% off I bought, I did not realize that the rack had two sides to the sign that were the oposite, some of the clothes were 50% off and the other side said the regular price, but the 50% off was exactly the same as the regular clothes just on the other side of the rack, confusing? well you had to be there. Sears is big enough to get their sale racks apart from there regular racks, but then they would not be fooling the public into buying, well let me tell you something Sears I walked away from the $400 deal, and you will never see me again, when i ased to speak to the manager she told me that I was suppose to look on both sides of the sign, all the clothes were mixed up people had been going through them and put them on either side when they replaced them, regular and sale mixed up on the same rack, the only way you could tell was to take it to the checkout to see if you had a sales item or not, really good business SEARS.