Sears Appliance Service / lies and more lies!!

Be VERY aware of what you're getting when you call 1-800-4-MYHOME!!! Based in a country with a name I can't pronounce, these "customer service people" will offer you two options. One, suck up the $65 plus whatever parts and whatever labor and whatever else they can think up. Or there's option two: pay $250 plus change, which will cover your parts, your service call, and labor to install the parts-which (bonus!) it warrants the repair for a year. Also, you get a $400 certificate for a new appliance if it cannot be repaired. Sounds good, right? WRONG!!! The part they CONVENIENTLY forget to tell you is that it only covers up to $500. You think you're done paying BUT YOU'RE NOT!

Soooo...we could have paid $65 for the service call to get a diagnosis, bought the parts ourselves and come in at just over $400. As it is we have to pay a total of $579.

As a small aside, I have bought FIVE new Kenmore appliances at Sears. All are under five years old. FOUR OF THE FIVE have already required major repairs...luckily for us my husband could do the other repairs. TELL YOUR FRIENDS!!!

Sears Brands Logo Sears Brands