Sears Appliance Rebate / rebate was check; now store credit
On June 26, 2009 I bought a new Kenmore dryer at Sears and was given the rebate form to recover the cost of delivery of the new unit ($65) and haul-away of the old ($10). I put the transaction on my Sears account to take advantage of an additional 5% discount. When I got home I looked at the form only to discover it is no longer a true cash rebate as in the past, but instead now comes in the form of a store credit. I returned to the store and confirmed that was indeed the case, and that the change from cash to store credit happened about 3 weeks ago, so the beginning of June, 2009. The manager was called and I talked with him, but he said it was out of his hands. I asked to cancel the delivery and have my Sears account credited for a full refund, but he couldn't do that either. I had to call the 800# of the delivery outfit to "cancel delivery with refund."
More Sears Appliance Rebate Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- [Resolved] Sears Kenmore Elite Oasis Washing Machine - F1 error 
- Sears - carpet cleaning service
- Sears - kenmore elite quad action technology 6.2 cu ft top load washer
- Sears - kenmore elite refrigerator repair
- Sears - I don't know.
- Sears A&E Service Repair - whirlpool refrigerator