Sears Appliance Rebate / rebate was check; now store credit
On June 26, 2009 I bought a new Kenmore dryer at Sears and was given the rebate form to recover the cost of delivery of the new unit ($65) and haul-away of the old ($10). I put the transaction on my Sears account to take advantage of an additional 5% discount. When I got home I looked at the form only to discover it is no longer a true cash rebate as in the past, but instead now comes in the form of a store credit. I returned to the store and confirmed that was indeed the case, and that the change from cash to store credit happened about 3 weeks ago, so the beginning of June, 2009. The manager was called and I talked with him, but he said it was out of his hands. I asked to cancel the delivery and have my Sears account credited for a full refund, but he couldn't do that either. I had to call the 800# of the delivery outfit to "cancel delivery with refund."
More Sears Appliance Rebate Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- Sears Home Warranty - Refrigerator Ice machine repair complaint - not yet done from past 5 months.
- Sears Brands - kenmore elite refrigerator model 795.72373.310
- Sears - wrong product
- Sears Brands - sears repair
- Sears Brands - refrigerator