Royal Holiday Club / don't judge too fast

1 Mexico Review updated:

My wife and I purchased a membership from royal holiday club in cancun mexico in 2000 upon arriving home we checked them out and were afraid after we heard all the complaints about them. However being the optimistic people we are we decided to give them an opportunity. We have since been to several of their resorts nassau, australia, hawaii, orlando, aruba and mexico three times we are happy that we did we have some great memories we had to sit down and go over our plan to fully understand it but once we did we knew how to take full advantage of it. Our marriage was on the rocks but after some r and r and quality time seeing the world our bond is stronger than ever thanks royal holiday club my advice is dont judge these guys unless you take your first vacation with them it will be wort it.

Wi

Comments

Ba
  6th of Feb, 2008

I am wondering how we could get together and perhaps find a lawyer to deal with our complaints. I have had nothing but trouble with Royal Holiday and continue to do so. This has been going on for years.

Maybe we could jointly write our problems and make sure they are known to the company. There must be someone in charge whom we can speak to.

If anyone has some ideas, pls. advise.

Ms
  15th of May, 2008

I got the ROYAL screw, 80, 000 credits worth, in Feb 2007. I attended the owners breakfast, since I was an origional Los Tules, Week 7 owner since 1985. I had received an offer to buy all 5 of my timeshare weeks at Los Tules (2), Sheraton Hacienda del Mar in Cabo, Sol Mar (2) in Cabo. I was given 5 contracts to purchase all of my fixed weeks at my origional purchase prices which would exceed my purchase price of the Royal contract..

Well, to date, the took over my Los Tules week 7 luxury townhouse, haven't paid me the contracted purchase price, and I was unable to use my time in 2008! I have not been paid off for the other timeshares yet either! This is truely devastating to me, since I not only must pay the yearly fees on the Royal contract, but also the maintenance fees on the other 4 timeshare units! The whole purpose oth the contract was to reduce my maintenance fee yearly outlay! Worse yet, I have been unable to schedule 2 weeks in Los Tules for January or February!

I need to join a class action lawsuite against these crooks. Please contact me if anyone can help us in any respect.

Ba
  22nd of Jul, 2008

I have been a member since 2002 and was promised an annuity at signing and a reduced to fifteen year contract. Neither was granted. I just want to get out. BC

Ca
  29th of Jul, 2008

Hi to all!! I'm from Mexico, and also have an horror story from RHC.
I live in Matamoros, Mexico across the border from Brownsville, TX and in my case the people from RH contact people trough credit card usage and contact you to your home phone inviting you to a meal and a complementary week on a beach resort of you choice.

After few hours of heavy brain wash of convincing, you finally sign the contract just to find out that all that you've heard previously is a lie.

One item on the Mexican contract (I don't know if the English one is the same) is that there only two ways that the contract can be revoked:
1. During the first five working days returning all the information received from them, and sending a letter asking for the cancellation to the local office, to the legal representant and to Mexico city.
2. Only when the condemned I mean the client, fails to pay monthly/yearly the payments and the company has all the right to cancel the contract and KEEP all the money already spent.

Of course I've tried the first option traveling to Monterrey, Mexico (the nearest city with RH Offices) and as you can guess they refuse to cancel the contract at that time telling me that it has to be checked first...

By now I escalated the issue with profeco, waiting to fix this issue up, I'm sure that many persons are victims of this kind of ripoffs and the only thing that we can do in a future is be more careful and tell all our friends/family not to fall with this kind of fraud