Complaints & Reviews

Royal Holiday Clubfraudulent sales misrepresentations

Royal Holiday Scam at Wyndham Nassau Resort in New Providence Is Ruining Our Finances!

I was scammed--deceived, defrauded and duped--at the Wyndham Nassau Resort in New Providence, Nassau, in March 2011. I want to express my extreme frustration with Royal Holiday Club's predatory sales practices. Since I was hoodwinked into signing a contract with this unethical company, I have been obliged to pay $220 per month and an annual fee in excess of $1, 000. In exchange I have received NO net benefits--I would have saved thousands and thousands of dollars by making travel arrangements myself for the one resort trip I did manage to work out with Royal Holiday Club. Including the inittial credit card payment of $15, 000, over the past two years I have been obliged to pay them a total of $20, 300.

I would like help in taking steps to cancel my contract with Royal Holiday Club. The huge amounts of money I've wasted in payments is a secondary concern, but I would like to recover any of it I can. I would also like to do my part in closing down this scam operation once and for all.

My wife and I were taken in by a deceptive high-pressure sale at the Wyndham in Nassau in March 2011. Having second thoughts soon thereafter, we attempted to cancel the contract prior to the closing of the five-day window in which cancellations were permitted by law, but a sales representative persuaded us to remain on the timeshare plan with the offer of extra points and travel vouchers--which disappeared completely by the time we needed them. Those hundreds of additional points turned out to be nothing, nothing but empty promises. Of course none of these promises were given in written form: they were only so much talk.

Two years after signing I finally managed to get a booking that coincided somewhat with my travel plans. This after numerous phone calls to attempt to get bookings we could use, and after making costly payments to Royal Holiday and receiving evasive explanations from company representatives on the phone. Indeed, my wife and I have spent hours and hours on the phone listening to company representatives give long and convoluted "explanations" of policies. At our last call on May 17, 2013, we sought an explanation of the system by which we could know how many points we needed to transfer to affiliate RCI to get a desired accommodation, but no one could or would explain how. Agents sent our call and query to other departments, whose representatives subjected us to other long and complicated run-arounds. And it turned out that the point transfer and combination of weeks, which I had to do blindly without knowing how many points were needed for my desired accommodation, would cost an additional $260, and the points I had transferred would expire if I didn't use them over the next three months. That, and the extremely long holds on which they put us while we waited on the phone to be served, made the whole process of getting the plan an excruciating ordeal. After we obtained our booking, RCI told us that other substantial charges will likely be added at the resort destination.

The ugly truth is this: The surcharges for transfers and combinations, the monthly deductions from my credit card, and the huge yearly fee are seriously damaging my future prospects for financial security. And the yearly fee is steadily going up, no matter what I say or do in protest. All told, the stupidest thing I've ever done in my life is to sign on with this predatory unscrupulous company. There have been NO net benefits coming from Royal Holiday and affiliate RCI, to which I was told to send my "transfer powers." I would have saved thousands by making bookings on my own. I"m sick and tired of this consumer fraud of global proportions, and I'm mortified to know that the governments of Arizona, Florida, Mexico, the Bahamas and the United States are doing nothing to eliminate this blight on the vacation-travel industry--even after the airing of the 20/20 exposé of Royal Holiday in 2008.

Regrettably, a Wyndham representative emailed a response to my complaint to tell me that Royal Holiday was not a Wyndham affiliate, but instead was leasing an office at their resort. Shame on Wyndham, I say, for hosting and thus enabling such a massive fraud to operate for years on their premises.

Please help us find a way to escape the contract or tell us about any class action suit we can join so we can close down this rapacious and scurrilous "club, " to which I sadly and contractually must continue to belong despite my urgent need to break away. Is there anything I can do? In the meantime I will spread the alarm in every available forum about the Royal Holiday Vacation Scam.

Thanking you for any help you can give.

SariPa Jun 07, 2013

hard to believe that part: ..'Royal Holiday was not a Wyndham affiliate, but instead was leasing an office at their resort.' Why on earth Wyndham would ruin its reputation by doing so? Its more than that... at least I do believe..

Just ask Wyndham which party they leased an office in their resort? Like to know it myself as well.

• Gi
      Gino Philip Jun 14, 2013

Please delete and remove my complaint against Royal Holiday Club

Royal Holiday Club and I have ended our relationship in a positive and fully satisfactory manner. Please delete and remove my complaint and any of my postings with information related to Royal Holiday Club. Thank you.

With best regards
      Gino Philip Eno

• Ba
      BarbieF Jul 12, 2013

It seems like this is a very common problem in Mexico. My wife & i bought into a Royal Elite Timeshare in Playa del Carmen. We stayed in sandos caracol resort & signed contract for royal elite. we've found out in the last few months that availiablity of resorts that we require are very limited (sales person shown us extensive range of hotels). flight deals are no better than booking myself. we enquired to stay lanzarote sandos dec 2012 the ai rate is in total $1900 for the week. i feel that this is going to be costly in the long run, not the ideal deal that was sold to us. This is a forum with more complaints about this company:

I'm in the process of calling the BBB and PROFECO and seeing what they can do. Possibly the attorney General also!!

Royal Holiday Club — very bad treatment

My name is Ret. Col. Walt Sanchez, last year I bought a vacation package from Royal Holiday club. The catch...

Royal Holiday — deception, unethical

We bought a timeshare from the royal holiday club in bahama. Since then we were not be able to use it because...

Royal Holiday Club — a fraud

I have been "victimized" in caribbean in 2009 by so called rhc. I lost over 14.000 to them (Not getting...

Royal Holiday — membership cancellation denied

I bought this membership November 21 2012 in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic . After three days, i tried to...

Royal Holiday Vacation Clubannual maintenance fees

We purchased a membership entry level identified as Bronze Plus for $6, 950.00 in April 2003. This gave us the benefit of using 10, 000 credits for the use of lodging, during thirty years. We have payed annual maintenance fees which have been raised throughout all these years.The time has come that we are unable to continue paying . these fees. I want to return the credits without receiving any money in return but they refused. My husband is disabled and I take care of him. We both are unemployed. What can we do???? The annual fees are due in January 2013 and we have no money to pay those charges.

Jane78 Jul 24, 2013

Timeshare scams are HUGE problem in Mexico. We purchased a Royal Elite Timeshare last year. We were promised all kinds of opportunity, while they kept serving us cold Coronas. Between HSI, RCI, and Royal Elite it seems that this is all a scam. We initially made three payments of $800, and now after Royal Elite has made a mistake with their collections back in the end of 2008, Monterey Financial has been threatening to send me to court to recover the unpaid portion ever since. Royal Elite is almost impossible to contact. This has become a huge pain, and a troubling financial burden. These are more complaints made on the Royal Elite timeshare resorts:

We will not go down without a fight. We are working now with PROFECO and will continue to haunt them

Royal Holidaysscammed and cheated and lied to

Verbal promises per contract views of room not what received all inclusive charges exceeded what was offered per signing free airport transfers a lie discounted air a lie general high pressure sales refusal to understand peoples life changes told contract was going to be cancel led then asked to pay before collections generally lied to in every email or telephone conversations etc etc etc

• De
          Delvin Wiedeman Sep 24, 2007

We purchased a timeshare from Braden Pearson-representative for Playa Del Sol Grand. We purchased this with the expectations of renting the weeks. Braden connected us to Royal Holiday and at that time we gave them 7 weeks of our rental in exchange for $8000, to arrive on 8/1/07. We have not received...

• Pa
          Paula Dec 02, 2008

Sheyron Glekoff submitted a complaint about royal holidays. The honeymoon nightmare is true but it is not by that person. Please send all emails about the cab accident and Ixtapa sad story to who it really happened to. Me! Thanks!

Royal Holiday Clubtimeshare fraud

Royal Holiday club is a complete fraud. They will scam you out of thousands of dollars and not even think twice. Everyone in the company seems to know that you have been scammed so none of them care. If you call and talk to people they will just ask for their money. They will give you drinks in the presentation to calm you down. They will lie to you about anything and everything to get you to sign. Any problem you give them they will say they can fix however none of it will. Whatever you do stay away from this company. I'm sure there are some legitimate timeshare companies out there but Royal Holiday Club is not one of them. If anyone has any advice for someone stuck by them please email me @ [protected]@yahoo.com

• Fo
            Fonny Nov 07, 2012

I myself have just realised I've been scammed by Royal Resorts in Bali, signed on this August to find out all the sales said are lies

I just wonder how after all these times with these many victims, the governments have not noticed and do anything about it???
            This is a global crime done to people all over the world over many years already
            Why has not a single government acted to investigate this scheme???

SariPa Nov 03, 2013

So true, and seems pretty much that people are not getting their money back no matter what. One thing is interesting; why f.e. RHC's address is same with Concord Servicing in Arizona and FNTC/FNG(First National Trustee Company/First Names Group) in Isle of Man?

When I got (earlier, kind of a long time ago by now till they put me out of the payment system) a bill from Isle of Man First National Trustee Company. Not a mention about FNTC or logo of it anywhere though. Only RHC's logo and the address which belonged to FNTC. Later on I got to understand that RHC doenst exist in that building at all (no service there) and FNTC was the one to send those bill papers (on behalf of their client). What makes me wonder all the legacy in this is the fact that FNTC hide all their information from us, using RHC's logo and information instead. And how come a company registered in that address doenst exist there?

I hope trustee business like this will be stopped. Lying..

SariPa Nov 03, 2013

Or propably it wasnt FNTC, and was IFG Int., nowadays First Names Group. (?). Company in a company, how to tell which one?

SariPa Nov 03, 2013

My previous threads should be under First Names Group (also FNTC). I dont complain about RHC I complain about FNG

SariPa Nov 03, 2013

I keep harrashing by posting these comments a lots. FNTC/FNG means a lie to me, and I hope people will realize what this business is all about. What trustees do in this world... Why they are not investigated???

Royal Holiday Clubmisrepresentation of royal holiday club membership

We Signed up on the 23/4/2012 at the Wyndham resort, in Nassau Bahamas. After listening to 5hrs of pressured sales pitches, The Sales Manager Pedro Young clearly promised us;
          Freezing of holiday cost now at an ave. $150p/n for 30yrs
          VIP membership benefits as a Bronze plus member for the entire contract - not possible according to their website
          Rollover of holiday credits until you have enough to redeem and didnt stipulate they expire after 2 years
          That all cruises are available under our membership, which is clearly misrepresentaion of the product
          That we could use Hyatt, Marriot, Radisson etc.. affiliates hotels and have not recieved any information.

Luckily we wrote a termination of contract letter on 30/4/12 and sent by mail the same day, no response.
          I also didnt recieve any welcome call or contact by RHC staff until 10/5/12 (im in Australia)
          Upon sending termination emails to all relevant contacts at Royal Holidays, we haven't recieved any replies as this company is clearly a Fraud and will do anything to sign people up. Be aware!!

SariPa May 30, 2012

I dont believe you are able to get your money back. Theres no possibilities existing to us to get justice in this. We dont seem to have normal customer rigths, no matter what they do. Its only one sided - all of it including contracts. And they really are not afraid of abusing your lack of english skills either, like my case and what happened to me in Bahamas. Pedro Young signed my contract as well, and he told me once when I called him - hanged up though very quickly - but when I asked about Holiday Clubs ltd, that this is Holiday Clubs ltd where I called. According to my information this certain company exists in Cayman Islands, not Bahamas and secondly Pedro Young works for Bahamas Vacations and some other company - dont remember he name of it right now. But I had to google his phonenumber in a totally different website. Theres never contact information existing to us... etc. And when you try to call... they only seem to hang up. Odd. I lost a big money - I hope you didnt pay much in advance, so your lose is not so big.

Well, hope you the best.

SariPa May 30, 2012

Of course we might try a class action... in Europe? I guess its not working in States because the contracts states (forbidds it), but wonder wheather it works in Europe (?). RHC exists here... should exist according to registration information.

RHC is registered company in Switzerland and ISle of Man.

SariPa May 30, 2012

I dont know if RHC is registered in Spain, and I definatelly wonder wheather it is registered is States (?). And what about Mexico? If anyone could find info there - might be and might be not (?). Mainly the offices are there though. But I have my doubts that it is registered only in Europe... sold only in Caribbean mainly to americans.

SariPa May 30, 2012

And once more :)... might be registered in States but uses other company names propably - thats my point :). Our money can end up where ever.. it is a rip off system.. thats why the lack of information and no rights.

• Sp
              SPARR Jul 18, 2012

We also fell into the scam!! They should be ashamed on having no conscious to hurt the working class people that work so hard to go on vacation!!! We were promise that our credit card would not be charged for 30-45 days and on the 7th day there was the almost $3, 000 charge!!! Well on the 7th day it was a pending charge and in good faith we thought it would be removed...but on the 8th day it was an actual charge...when I emailed to complain they told me we could not cancel cause it was not within the 7 day period...are you kidding me!!! that is ridiculous!!! I immediately sent emails, certified letters, faxes requesting cancellation due to misrepresentation and failure to comply with the contract which should have made it void...to no avail!! I have sent letters to the BBB, FTC, and the Bahamas Consulate to just name a few!!! We dealt with Ms. Burrows and Ms. Navarro, AND ANDRE HARRIS and they were no help!!! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ROYAL HOLIDAY

• Tn
              tntea12 Jul 31, 2012

July 15 we arrived at Ocean Walk and Wyndham. I had made reservations the week before on the phone and was told we would have ocean/front condo. I was told a lady name Chris would check us in and meet us when we arrived with our room keys, bands, and parking permit. She did. When we got to our room, we found our balcony overlooking the Hilton’s swimming pool. I called Chris and she referred me to Vickie the lady I made reservations with. First she told me to up grade to another room would be an extra $300. When I told her I would pay it, she said it would be an extra $800. I wanted to cancel the room but she told me I was already charged through my credit card. We went to welcome center to receive our bands. (Chris didn’t have those!) The lady there said she would give me $100 AmEX card and a free vacation to attend the presentation. I told her I would think about it. She offered the same deal to my sister who was staying with us in the Condo. When I realized I had no internet in the condo, I called the service desk and they informed me that I wasn’t even checked in the room. Chris was. Chris had checked in under her name. That was why they didn’t want me to check out on Thursday of that week. Chris would handle it. They said I must be using Chris’s points. Anyway I agreed to attend the presentation to let others know how I was being treated. The girl who set the appointment left notice at our door saying I would receive $50 AmEX and a vacation and my sister would receive $50 Am/Ex and a vacation. My sister said she wouldn’t sit through it for $50 since she was promised $100. That morning of presentation, July 16th, the lady called to remind us of the presentation. I asked about the Am/EX amount. She said she could only give $100 per condo. My sister decided to hit the beach and my husband and I went.
              They wanted to see a credit card with our driver’s license. I told them they could look but no one was getting the numbers.
              We were promised breakfast and ended up with only water and coffee. We were starving before the presentation was over. Our sales rep’s manager came to our table and wanted us to fill out some paper work to speed things up after the tour. I told her I didn’t want our credit checked until we decided If this was for us. I knew it wasn’t. She promised that nothing would be done until we signed up.
              A week later we received notice that we were approved for the timeshare. They had checked our credit without our permission. I have tried to contact the people at Ocean Walk about this. I have been getting a run around.
              I will continue to do my part to education people about these scams with Wyndham. It is so sad to read these other complaints. Please help me stop these people from preying on others.

SariPa Sep 14, 2012

RCI means Wyndham to me but so does RHC.

• St
              StephieW Jan 23, 2014

I know how you feel, and it seems like this is a common problen in Mexico. I purchased a travel program through Sandos Playacar at Royal Elite Timeshare Resort in Playa del Carmen last March and I requested to cancel within the 5 day grace period but they still have not refunded my down payment of over $9000 US dollars. I have been in touch with people there and they say they are working the process but it takes time. It has now been almost 5 months and I am losing faith they will ever pay me back. This is another forum with more complaints about this company:

I believe we should do something about it, as I understand Mexican regulations forbid the offering of gifts, free vacation certificates or any other promotion strategies without informing the consumer the specific purpose of the offer. I want to complaint with PROFECO about this

Royal Holidayavoid being scammed by them

On December of 2012, we were on vacations at the Grand Paradise Punta Cana and were teased into this "presentation". Mr. Freddy Villalona and another lady by the name of Ines filled our heads with drinks and promises to get us to sign a vaguely worded contract. We waited a day before signing it and while at the hotel, both of us tried a search for Royal Holiday, but it only returned the RH website where the promises we heard were also vaguely stated (the hotel network administrator had any negative results blocked) The following day we had our heads filled with more drinks and promises and we signed the contract. Meanwhile we had a group of 9 family members looking for a deal on vacations, but when we tried to book them, nothing was available. Upon return home, the same internet search for Royal Holiday Club returned hundreds of complaint pages, exposing the scam. We tried to cancel the contract right away, but were dodged and bounced. We're now trying to find a way out and recover our money. We have since learned a lot about this scam, which is operating from Mexico, the Dominican Republic and many other destinations and wish to share, so that others can avoid being scammed. Use the links on this complaint to learn more. Hopefully you're looking at it before you sign.

MauiAL50 May 25, 2012

GEOMMM- This is why I always find these complaints amusing. They always start with statements like "I was tricked into going, " or "I was 'lured' into." It's the same with a l;ot of the car dealership complaints. These people just seem to be unable to say "no'" and then blame their decision on the salespeople. While it is probably true that the agreements are :"vaguely worded, " the potential buyer is free to decline.

Royal Holiday Clubuses false, unfair, fraudulent and misleading high-pressure sales tactics

I am writing to complaint about this company because uses false, unfair, fraudulent and misleading high-pressure sales tactics to consumers to induce into a contract by false and fraudulent representations. In the week of September 1st my wife and I visited Paradise Island Bahamas. A very friendly woman approached us in the hotel lobby and said she was a Royal Holiday representative and we won a prize for a free lunch and free activities. She called a taxi and took us to Whyndam Resort we found ourselves in a orientation that took more than 4 hours. The free lunch and activities turn out to be high pressure sales-pitch. We were told that we could go anywhere in the world whatever we wanted. We were told that membership was an investment that would increase in value. We were told that you could sell your membership and we can make money. We were told that you can rent your membership and make money without any effort. We were told that we had today and today only for this prize. We were told that we write the membership off on your taxes. They offered discount on air tickets 50% or more. They did not say was a contract for 30 years. They did not say about maintenance fees. They did not informed of the time period in which we can cancel our membership. When I had some doubts they offered us coupons of airfare for 30 nights in Mexico (I found it hidden $99 service fee if used). I called many times, e-mail, and letter enclosed to cancel my membership Yazmin Gomez, Claudia Cardenas Gutierrez and Jose Antonio Elizarraraz all of them has the same answer that can not cancel my membership. Now they are calling everyday threaten us to report us to collect agency and to Credit Bureau.We called, e-mail, enclosed-letter they do not rescind our contract.

Royal Holiday Club — cancellation of contract

We purchased a points contract back in 2004 from Royal Holiday Club in Cancun, Mexico. We no longer desire to...

Royal Holiday Clubroyal holiday club scammed me!!!

I would like to join any Class Action Lawsuit to this company which uses false, unfair, fraudulent and misleading high-pressure sales tactics to consumers to induce into a contract by false and fraudulent representations. In the week of September 1st my wife and I visited Paradise Island Bahamas. A very friendly woman approached us in the hotel lobby and said she was a Royal Holiday representative and we won a prize for a free lunch and free activities. She called a taxi and took us to Whyndam Resort we found ourselves in a orientation that took more than 4 hours. The free lunch and activities turn out to be high pressure sales-pitch. We were told that we could go anywhere in the world whatever we wanted. We were told that membership was an investment that would increase in value. We were told that you could sell your membership and we can make money. We were told that you can rent your membership and make money without any effort. We were told that we had today and today only for this prize. We were told that we write the membership off on your taxes?. They offered discount on air tickets 50% or more'. They did not say was a contract for 30 years|. They did not say about maintenance fees?. They did not informed of the time period in which we can cancel our membership/. When I had some doubts they offered us coupons of airfare for 30 nights in Mexico (I found it hidden $99 service fee if used)/. I called many times, e-mail, and letter enclosed to cancel my membership Yazmin Gomez, Claudia Cardenas Gutierrez and Jose Antonio Elizarraraz all of them has the same answer that can not cancel my membership". Now they are calling everyday threaten us to report us to collect agency and to Credit Bureau!.We called, e-mail, enclosed-letter they do not rescind our contract

john1870 Jan 11, 2012

Maaeve Bennett Apr 17, 2012

Hi. My husband and I were scammed by the same company. We wanted to rescind the contract but the company representatives told us that the contract can no longer be cancelled. They fraudulently told us lies about the contents of the package that they were selling. To our surprise, when the packet was delivered to us, everything was a lie.

As a result, we are willing to file a class action suit against this company for cancellation of our contract and a refund of our monies.

My email address is: [protected]@yahoo.com.

• Aa
                    aasan Jun 28, 2012

Last June, same thing happened to me. My case is a bit complicated because it is about the upgrade but basically I was scammed and ripped off in Cancun office. I've tried my best to contact the sales rep to cancel the contract soon after I left. They never responded within the cancellation window, so I've stuck with higher dues with no benefits. For the past year I kept contacting sales rep but ignored my messages and phone calls. In January this year I went back the sales office to complain, they agreed to cancel and had me write a letter to request cancellation to process and sign. But they still did not cancel. The corporate office said the membership cannot be cancelled and the cancellation letter shows only they received my request but never said accepted. I would be willing to join a class action suit against the RHC as this company is full of lies, fraud and deception.
                    My email address is: [protected]@hotmail.com

Royal Holiday - First National Trustee company — unethical business

As a so called Royal Holiday club member I should have a right to be a member of that club after signing the...

Royal Holiday Clubthey are disrespectfull

To Mr Aaron Del Angel Davalos, The board of directors of Royal Holiday Vacations the general public who are considering a membership with royal holiday.
                  I am requesting a refund of my annual fees, my down payment, and my monthly instalments. I spoke with numerous people from royal holiday and clearly your customer service is no doubt terrible. We have establish this. Mr Aarón Del Angel Dávalos I spoke with your supervisor on Thursday Dec 15, 2011. He was arrogant and rather rude when I told him that I was offended the way royal holiday treated me. That I felt I was being disrespected and treated like a “piece of ****” He said I was wrong and that royal did not do that argued with me for a while then transferred my call to another lady who just keep saying hello.

Well let’s be clear he has no right to tell me how I feel. He in fact violate my rights in doing so. I also feel like he was challenging my ability to speak English implying that I did not know the definitions of the words I was using imply that I was a imbecile. The condensing tone he used was disrespectful and degrading in itself not to mention this was what he was claiming Royal holiday would not do. So let me speak clear concise English. I felt disrespected, offended, because on numerous occasions because royal representatives never called back when they said they would. When asked to speak to supervisors I was lied to with excuses like their on the phone, out to lunch, in a meeting they will call you back ect. I never received a call back until I complained. I was annoyed with the lack of service that is provide to your “privileged members." I found it insulting and rude, a complete slap in the face when you offered me a room after I complained at no cost. That was disrespectful a low blow assuming that I could be bought. Speaking to your supervisor on Thursday has assured me of my decision. It was not that I could not get a reservation it was all the run around and terrible service to do so. However during my conversation with your supervisor on Thursday Dec 15 2011 he informed me that I need to make my reservations in April/may of one year.

Royal Holiday - Trademark — a fraud

I took a part to Royal Holiday club membership in 2009, since that a lot has happened. After paying to them a...

Royal Holiday Club — membership/maintenance

demanding that one remains a member for 30yrs and 9 months and pays a maintenance fee for that period of...

Royal Holiday Club — this is a fraud! do not buy stay away

I'm a victim of the Royal Holiday Club scam at Bavaro Princess in Dom. Rep. (aUg. 2011) The saleperson...

Royal Holiday Travel Clubclass action lawsuit

This company is fraudulent and we need to ban together and set up a class action law suit to get our money back and more than that... Stop them from doing this to other unsuspecting people!!

Royal Holidayscam — you do have rights

We made the purchase of a vacation club membership with Royal Holiday on May 31, 2010 while on vacation in Cancun. We had agreed with the sales director, Ernesto Barberi to exchange 1 of our paid in full timeshare properties in addition to a cash deposit for a paid in full membership package. Later that evening while reading through the membership packet, we realized numerous discrepancies and outright lies between what was presented and what was contained within the language of the packet. We therefore decided that night to exercise our legal right to cancel the membership and receive a full refund. We exercised that right the very next day, June 1, 2010 and met with Mr. Barberi, who claimed that he was unable to process the cancellation at the sales office and gave us instructions of what he needed to do to obtain cancellation and refund authorization. Needles to say, Mr. Barberi has failed to respond to any phone calls, emails or letter since that date.

We have sent registered letters to all adresses in the contract, email notifications, faxes and phone calls on a daily basis and all within the legal time frame allowed, all without results. All our attempts to obtain a cancellation and refund within the allowed 5 business days been roadblocked by the company. Each and every person we contact via email or phone claims that they are either unaware of the process to provide a cancellation/refund or they are not authorized to do so. Also, they are unwilling to provide a name or contact number of any person who knows how to process a cancellation / refund or is authorized to do so.. Ironically, although not authorized to process a cancellation, each representative is authorized to offer upgrades and downgrades galore.

After conducting an internet search, I was amazed to find literally hundreds, if not thousands, of complaints of fraud on behalf of the Royal Holiday representatives. I also found an extremely shocking number of cases of victims attempting to cancel within the legal timeframe as is their right by Article 56 of the Federal Consumer Protection Act all to no avail as the company refuses to abide by the law.

Know You Rights
                      Article 56 of the Federal Consumer Protection Law
                      The contract will be perfected within five working days from the delivery of, or the company/signature of the contract, which ever occurs the latest. During this period, the consumer will have the right to revoke his consent without any responsibility. The revocation will have to be by means of warning or delivery of notice, in person, by registered mail, or another method of average reliability. The revocation according to this Article, will terminate the contract. In this case, the costs of shipping and insurance will be the responsibility of the consumer. If the contract is for services, this article will not be applicable if the date of receipt of the service is less than ten working days from the date of the order of purchase.

ARTICLE 32 OF the Federal Consumer Protection Law
                      The information or publicity relative to goods or services that spread by any means or forms, will have to be truthful, verifiable and clear of texts, dialogues, sounds, images and other descriptions that induce or can induce error or confusion, by its inaccuracy.

Immediate Cancellation Procedure
                      To protect your right to cancel within 5 days of signing your contract you must immediately send notification of your intent to cancel and exercise your rights under ARTICLE 56 OF Ley Federal de Protección al Consumidor.

You need to send your cancellation by a means that you can easily prove that you complied with Article 56. It is best to send a certified letter to all Mexican Addresses contained within the agreement and to follow up via email and fax. You should also copy yourself, and PROFECO (the Mexican Federal Consumer Protection Agency at: [protected]@profeco.gob.mx ) on your email. If your email system allows, you should request delivery confirmation and a return receipt. Do this even if you make the cancellation in person.

Also, it is best to forward copies of all correspondence to the Mexican Embassy in your home town or better yet, show up with documentation in hand. They will assist you with a PROFECO claim.

As an added measure of insurance, forward all correspondence to the Mexican Embassy in Washington, DC, the US Consulate in Mexico, and the Mexican Board of Tourism.

• Ak
                          akuniansky May 24, 2011

Ernesto Barberi is a class act fraudster. A guy I knew in Mexico City was his roommate about 10 years ago and Barberi basically ripped him off, never paid rent and charged several thousand dollars in long distance phone calls. The guy had to lock Barberi out of the apartment with all of his stuff inside before Barberi finally agreed to pay off his debt. Total scam artist. He is dialed in with unscrupulous travel agencies in Cancun and the US. Buyer beware with all time share products in Mexico and more so with Royal Holliday and scam artists like Barberi. Email me at [protected]@hushmail.com if you want more.

• Vi
                          VianneyC Jul 08, 2013

I feel like I am such a sucker now, I should've done an internet research on the company before buying. I didn't buy at Royal Holiday, but at Royal Elite, which is almost the same.Right now, I would like to get out of this time share ASAP. Lies, Lies, Lies and more lies. The deceit and fraudulence is beyond belief. It seems like everything we were told by the salesperson was a lie. Like many of the other complaints above among many others we have the same complaints. This company should not be permitted to sell another timeshare. I like the resort but I can get it cheaper if I did not own the timeshare. In addition the all inclusive cost per diem was supposed to be per couple. We were shocked and appalled at our first booking to learn that it was per individual. Lies, Lies, Lies and more lies. What an expensive false! this is a forum with more angry royal holiday and royal elite timeshare owners: