Rooms To Go / poor service and quality

Spring, TX, United States Review updated:
I have had to worse problems with this company. I purchased an entertainment center and a dresser from them about six weeks ago. The entertainment center was delivered first. It had scratches all over it for which the delivery drivers tried to hid by using a scratch coverup. I have seen coverup used in the past and it works fine on small scratches, not gouges! One of the drawers in the unit was visibly damaged and leaning over. The rubber piping that held the glass doors in was put in so haphazardly, it could be seen from the outside of the doors. They replaced the unit and it is not much better than the last one. For one the finish is much darker and there are more gouges. One of the doors is warped. They stated they would send another by UPS. I still have not seen it.

When my dresser finally arrived, about four or five weeks after my order, it was worse. The first thing I noticed is that the hardware for the drawers was put on backwards (the pulls were inside the drawers), although not a big deal, they should have fixed them upon delivery. This item also had scratches, some they did not even try to cover up. The space between the drawers and the frame of the dresser were so large, I could see all the way down to my carpet. It was poorly constructed and not of the same quality as the one on their showroom floor. Seems to be their practice as I have read the same complaint in from others. I called their customer service center and requested that the item be returned. I was told they would only issue me a store credit. Their receipt states nothing about no returns, nor is that policy posted in their stores. I am disputing the charge with my credit card company and will hopefully be successful in getting my money back. Be wearly when making a purchase from Rooms to Go. Ask about their return policy if you are not satisfied. I will not be back.
Tx

Comments

Va
  11th of Jun, 2008
I went into room to go in March and still today in June I have not received my complete order. Two times they delivered the wrong lamps and the media chest has been on back order since March. Each time it was to be delivered a customer service representative would call the day before and tell me the order is not in. this has been a true nightmare with rooms to go. They are not honest with their sales and don't correct their mistakes. I will never shop their again! And everybody that mention rooms to go I tell them not to shop their!!
  9th of Jan, 2009
CONSUMER BEWARE!

I purchased some furniture with Rooms To Go and used their offer of 12 months no interest program. This program is through Citi Financial. If you do not pay off the balance by the 12 month due day then they charge you accrued interest. I sent my balance off to them of $2199.98 a week an a half before the due day. I did this so the check would clear in time. I called to find that they had only posted $2099.98 to my account leaving a balance of $100. I do believe the reason behind this is so they could "TRY" and collect interest on the full balance. I have dealt with this company in the past and have gone though similar problems. I am so glad I called and checked the balance or I might have had to go postal. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS INSTITUTION!
  2nd of Dec, 2009
It is terrible to see this site after that I bought something from them. Now I have more or less the same problem. I am waiting for my bed since Sep/09, today is Dec 2/09 and I have to continue waiting until Dec 23Th. I am not much positive about that date.
  2nd of Dec, 2009
Rooms To Go is the worst place that you can go to buy furniture. they don't respect their costumers and either their contract.
Iv
  1st of Jul, 2010
I bought my bedroom suit from Rooms to Go. They delivered my bed and told me I would have to wait on my dresser. Now the sales guy promised everything at once, but the delivery guy told me in confidence this happens a lot. I then had to take another day off work to get my dresser and night stands delivered...except there were no night stands. I have now been waiting on my night stand for 4 months and tonight they were going to deliver them between 4 and 8 pm but I just got a call at 8:50 pm that they wont be able to make the delivery I will have to reschedule!!! This is ridiculous. I would encourage anyone who in thinking of buying furniture from this company to run!!! They are rude, and once they get your money there are no returns so if they deliver your bed and you have to wait a year for your dresser and night stands if you want them to match you have to wait.They have a no return policy!!! What happen to customer service?

Rooms To Go Logo Rooms To Go