Rogers / they do not have a complaints department

1 333 Bloor Street East, 7th FloorToronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I was inquiring about the services which were included in the $20.00 Value pack on my cell phone. When I went to access something on my phone I was warned that there may be a surcharge. It recomended I contact Rogers.

So I sent an email, and the response I go was not clear. So I sent another email. Teddy H. had this to say.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us, we appreciate your

use of online customer service.

In your recent email, you have informed us that you wish to know what

your Essential Value pack includes.

In order for us to provide you accurate information and protect your

security, we will require additional information. Please respond

to this email with the following:

* Your full address (including postal code)

* Your account number

* Your date of birth

* Any passwords that may be on the account for verification

purposes (if applicable)

You should expect to hear back from us within 48 hours of receiving your

email.

We appreciate your continuing patronage. Please contact us at

your convenience if you have any further inquiries.

For future email correspondence with respect to this e-mail,

please quote reference number [protected]

Regards,

Teddy H.

Rogers Online Customer Service

This was a general enquiry on a product listed on their site for Alberta. I di not see why they needed all the information that they asked for - Scammers ask for the same stuff.

So I wrote a letter of complaint and then I go this for a response.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us, we appreciate your use of

online customer service.

In your recent e-mail you have informed us that you don?t wish to

provide your account password via email.

The only password we?ll ever ask via email is the password/PIN on your

account. Not all customers have this password/PIN on their account. When

this password is added by our customers we advise them that it will be

required whenever the account is accessed by phone or email. Please note

we?ll never ask for your Rogers.com password via email only the password

that protects your account information.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you

for choosing Rogers. If you have further questions don?t hesitate to

reply to this email or contact us at [protected]/7).

For future reference with respect to this e-mail, please quote reference

number [protected].

Regards,

Terry D.

Rogers Online Customer Service

That is not what the first email said. It clearly states any passwords that may be on the account for verification purposes.

I called Rogers to complain. They do not have a complaints department.

To me their request goes above and beyond the reasonable request for information. I was only asking what was available to ALL customers in Alberta that had that plan.

Va

Comments

21st of Oct, 2008

Rogers can't access your account without your name postal code and password if you have one. Otherwise anyone could go in anyone account and this would be a nightmare. They have to create a boundary.

They do have a complain departement, you have to call customer service, be nice and ask for customer retention. If you are nice with them, they will actually help you.

The best way to get things fix is to go visit the dealer that sold you the phone, they have rep to help them and they can get thing done faster by going to their dealer line.

• Ce
      24th of Sep, 2009

i just got a phone from rogers and when i turned it on ... it froze. it doesnt work and i was just wondering if i can return the cell phone that doesnt work because when i bought it i paid $30 for it because i got it with a plan.. can i go to the rogers store and get a new cell phone for the same price and give back the one that doesnt work???

25th of Oct, 2010

Meghan at Rogers talked me into transferring my Fido phone to Rogers. I said I would be charged a penalty. She said no, because Fido was part of Rogers. I WAS charged the penalty, by Fido. Fido call centre "supervisor" named Stella said they were not responsible.. I argued for one hour. Her vacuous response was to call Rogers. I called Rogers. Call centre lackey said it was Fido's responsibility and that she would transfer me to Fido. I screamed not to, that Stella at Fido told me to call Rogers... she said she would transfer me to Fido and did, even though I asked her not to. Then I was put on hold... waiting time over ten minutes and getting nowhere. I lost it at that point, sweating and crying with anguish. Bloody Rogers is soulless. They have no REAL person to talk to other than these low-paid call centre people. Why are we, the consumer, not being protected?

24th of May, 2012

ROGERS CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS LIKE ###

24th of May, 2012

NEVER EVER HAVE I GONE OVER MY MINUTES AND THIS ONE TIME I DID BECAUSE THEY DIDNT CHANGE MY FAV 10 PROPERLY MY BILL WAS OVER 300$ AND THEY ARE NOT WILLING TO FIX IT WE HAVE BEEN WITH ROGERS FOR OVER 12 YEARs ?? THE CUSTOMER SErVICE IS SO RUDE THEY WONT EVEN LISTEN WOW..

30th of Aug, 2012

I WENT TO ROGERS A FEW YEARS AGO, i have cell phone and all other service with them, I READ AND HEARD ALL ROGERS TO ROGERS LONG DISTANCE ISA FREE CALL. IN THE BOOK IT SAYS THIS IS NOT A PROMOTION THIS IS A ROGERS FEATURE, LOL THEY SAY NOW OH THA WAS DROPPED IT MUST BE A OLD HAND BOOK YOU HAVE, AFTER YEARS OF PAYING MY NOT SO CHEAP ROGERS BILL WITH OUT A MISSED PAYMENT, THEY CUT MY SERVICE OFF, I CALLED AND WAS VERY UPSET AT WHAT I WAS TOLD AFTER WAITING AND BEING TRANSFERED HERE TO THERE THAT IT WOULD BE THREE DAYS BEFORE I GOT SERVICE FOR MY TELEPHONE TV COMPUTOR, I NEEDED PHONE ASP AS WE HAD A DEATH OUT OF TOWN AND A 97 YEAR OLD AUNT THAT EXPECTS HER DAILY CALL. BIGGEST THING IS I HAD BEEN GETTING MAIL FOR ANN ADDRESS THE SAME AS MINE BUT KING EAST NOT WEST, THE GUY OWED OVER A THOUSAND BUCKS AS I HAS SEENN THE HAND DELIVERED NOTICES, I CALLED ROGERS AND OH YES DONT WORRY NO MORE WILL COME TO YOU, NEXT MONTH ANOTHER, CALLED AND THE LADY SAID OKAY ITS ALL BEEN CHANGED KING EAST NOT WEST, NEXT MONTH A TECH SHUT US OFF, SO I PAY FOR THERE MISTAKE THREE DAYS FOR THE TEC TO COME OPEN BOX OUT SIDE THE HOUSE AND TWO MINUTES LATER I HAVE MY SERVICE, THREE DATS FOR THAT CALL, I WAS AND AM FURIOUSE WITH THAT, .MY COMPANSATION IS A 26 DOLLAR REBATE ON MY BILL, LOL AND TO TRY AND EMAIL COMPLAINT FORGET IT ITS SO MUCH OF A HASSLE THAT YOU JUST FORGET ABOUT IT, I DONT KNOW HOW TO GET MAIL ADDRESS FOR COMPLAINTS EITHER. I WAS SENT A SURVEY AFTER I USED THERE ONLINE TEC, AND IY HAD ANAREA TO PUT YOUR COMPLAINTS ETC, I DID IT LAST WEEK AND GUESS WHAT BET THEY DONT EVEN READ THEM NO REPLT, SHOULD I SWITCH TO BELL LOL