Reliance Communications / caller tune scam
In 2006, I purchased a Prepaid reliance india mobile (free LG handset) connection with some FREE talktime and 1800/- worth talktime from RIM-to-RIM. In a few months, I finished my FREE talktime though the RIM-to-RIM balance was still there. So, I was not able to send any outgoing sms or make outgoing calls to non-RIM numbers. Hence, I was not using the mobile regularly.
In 2008, my FREE talktime balance becomes -21 rupees... how?
In addition, I saw an old sms in my inbox... which said... caller tune "KAL HO NA HO" has been downloaded and you have been charged Rs.15/-. I called up the customer care who told me that I had sent a request for activation of caller tune. I NEVER DID IT... I hate such tunes etc... May I ask, how I could do it when my outgoing was barred?
The customer care executives argue that their computers show data that the customer has activated the tune... so, now why should a customer lie? Who does he complain to when "their" computers show "faulty" data. Upon talking to my friends using RIM, I was told that they too had experienced the same problem. Reliance communications is minting money by thrusting caller tunes on customers.
More Reliance Communications Complaints & Reviews
- Reliance Communications - installation of tower on the terrace of my building 
- Reliance Netconnect - USB modem internet connection! 
- Reliance - stop caller tunes 
- Reliance India Mobile - fraud / customer cheating! 
- Reliance India Mobile (Prepaid) - fake statements, poor customer service! 
- Reliance - incorrect cashing of check
- Reliance Trends - online service and refund not received
- Reliance Communications - mobile service
- Reliance Communications - shutdown network in gujarat
- Reliance Communications - outgoing calls disconnected since 1st sep 2017