Proflowers / Bad Service

1 LA, United States Review updated:

I recently purchased an arrangement of tulips from Proflowers.com for "Mother's Day". This year I planned ahead and ordered two weeks early thinking that I'll get what I want and it's going to be a good experience. Proflowers.com is anything but a good experience. Upon making the order they charge a delivery fee plus an express delivery fee. I was ordering this TWO weeks ahead of time. I did not want nor was there an option to decline express delivery. Then, the flowers were delivered in a box welter. My wife had to assemble the whole arrangement; the 20 dollar box of chocolates had melted before ever getting to her. Finally the 14 dollar balloon was only six inches big and cost 2 - 3 dollars at a local supermarket. This was not my expectations of services especially since they were given such good praises on "Good Morning America" on the ABC network.

Ra

Comments

• Te
      11th of May, 2009

This person is right about the fees ProFlowers hits you with.

Furthermore, in January, we ordered a funeral arrangement to be sent to an uncle's wake and were horrified to see our names attached to the specimen that showed up in the funeral parlor. It looked like a box of sticks.

9th of Aug, 2009

I purchased some flowers at proFlowers.com and it was not a very good experience. First, the shipping and handling fees are too much and the flowers arrived partially dead. Check my pics, what I bought and what I received.

28th of Oct, 2009

DO NOT USE PROFLOWERS.COM unless you want a headache!

This is my very first complaint ever made on a company at 23yrs old.

When I ordered flowers for a coworker at work on her last day, I ordered them express so they would be at her desk before 1:00pm. However, there were no flowers sent by 1pm and the order was placed before 8am that day. I called ProFlowers and was unable to get through their line. I then decided to email them to see if that would be more helpful. Their response was the flowers were to be dropped off but there was no one by that name in the building. In return, the flowers were sent back to the shop. I then had them come out again to deliver the flowers and by this time it was about 2:30. After another hour or two, I emailed them again asking where the flowers were. They responded that they were again returned to the shop since there was no one by that name in the building.

Disappointed at 5:00pm and no flowers, I walked down the front desk to see if anyone had come in with flowers. The man at the desk said no flowers were even attempted to be delivered throughout the day and if they had been they would have been sent to our receiving office if there was no one by that name. Not to mention, the man at the front desk knew of the coworker I was sending the flowers to.

Furious, I called ProFlowers and spoke with a man who gave me a 20% discount and upgrade the flowers. I had to have the flowers sent to my coworkers house and ended up getting discounted off the price I paid for the immediate delivery. Nevertheless, was not going to fuss and accepted the offer.

Now, to my astonishment, I see that there is a charge on my account for 14.95 for easy saver. Thank goodness I called them immediately and they reversed the charge. This has completely turned me off from using this service again, and I hope this helps someone looking into this service in the future.

• Ib
      11th of Feb, 2010

Ordered roses and they came wilted, opened, and brown around the edges. They replaced the order with a vase the second time and the roses were slightly better but still ugly, brown, and wilted. I wouldn't send these flowers to my enemy, let alone someone I cared about.

• St
      15th of Feb, 2011

I ordered flowers for valentines day but proflowers never delivered them. Was very. Upset.

• Un
      19th of Jun, 2012

Having a tough time dealing with the wilted flowers my wife received for her birthday today. Had one chance to get it right and they blew it. Im going to attempt to work the customer service part of their business and will let you know how it goes. So far I've sent an email and used the complaint portion of their site. So far, I've gotten nothing confirming they received my complaint.

• Je
      3rd of Dec, 2014

I wanted to have ProFlowers send something to my wife who was in the hospital over Thanksgiving. When it didn't show up on the desired date, I checked my email to find that they couldn't make the delivery date and wanted to know if I wanted to change it. Being it the Thanksgiving, I called the special number and spoke to a "Customer Service Rep." After they took the replacement order the made the promise (and they should never do this) that it would be there the next morning at the hospital. I was hoping for the best. The next day came and went, so I called the hospital front desk to see if the flowers were delivered and there was nothing there. I then checked my order online and found that NO ONE had picked up the ProFlowers Order for delivery. I immediately called and cancelled the order. Then on top of it all, they claim that they would only credit me a partial refund for a waiting period. So I called again and got the runaround. Eventually, I did get the full refund, but I will NEVER, and I mean NEVER use ProFlowers again.