PNC Bank / thieves

1 PA, United States Review updated:

I accidentally used my PNC debit card (rather than my VIST debit card) when checking into a hotel. The hotel cancelled the transaction (almost $500.)
However, after 1 full week of back and forth with the bank and the hotel, PNC is still holding that money as a 'pending' withdrawl and it is unavailable to me. The hotel has sent them one fax after another confirming the cancellation. The bill was paid in full with my VIST card.
They will not give me anyone who can help me. Their only response has been to wait it out and it 'should' come off the account soon. I will be overdrawn on the account then they will charge me those ridiculous fees! This is stealing!! How can they get away with this?? I am sending formal written complaints to anyone and everyone I can find. As of this writing, I still don't have my money back.
I will be looking for a new bank tomorrow. They are negligent, unprofessional and they steal from their customers! Buyer Beware!

Cj

Comments

• Pn
      9th of Nov, 2010

Yea, I've had an experience with PNC on overdraft fees. It just seems like after taxpayers paid billions to them that they would be more customer friendly. Unfortunately, most large banks including PNC like to [censored] people coming and going. And hopefully there will be a time where they all we be hung and we can watch them dangle and twitch.