PNC Mortgagestimulus modification loan nightmare

C

To: executive.[protected]@pncmortgage.com

I hope this is reaching an executive at PNC MORTGAGE

If you look up our account number you will see our numerous attempts to pay the arrears on our home and we have done more than complied with this whole stimulus package nightmare.

We fell 2 payments behind after a lay off and economic downfall, we notified PNC of our situation. When we submitted the next months payment it was declined and sent back to us stating that PNC MORTGAGE does not accept partial payments. We called the day this letter was received to tell them of our position and that the 2 months in arrears would be paid up to date within the next 2 months. They said they do not accept partial payments again and now that we were 3 months behind we had no choice but to become a statistic of the never ending stimulus.

Please look closely into our account, we have called and called to try and communicate but it has been to no avail.
After our last denial for the stimulus(third attempt), PNC MORTGAGE offered and made payment arrangements with us, we stated that we needed two weeks because we had to pull funds from our 401K. They sent us our paperwork with the payment arrangements written out clearly on PNC PAPERWORK, we were told to sign and date and return with the funds. The day after receiving this paperwork, we received a letter dated a day later, after payment arrangements were made stating that we were in FORECLOSURE and to contact Cal-Western Foreclosure? Cal-Western could give us NO info. We immediately called PNC MORTGAGE and GAYNOW (the resp at PNC) stated that "THEY COULD NOT TAKE US ON OUR WORD FOR RETRIEVING MONEY FROM OUR 401K" so the process continued into foreclosure regardless of the arrangement made with them. Now we are in foreclosure and it does not matter that PNC MORTGAGE made payment arrangements with us? And to top it off we are now hit with more penalties added by Cal-Western!!

In following the payment plan agreed to with PNC we have now pulled funds from our 401k and lost money in penalties for early withdrawal of $3, 200.00 and then still PNC MORTGAGE will not accept the payment arrangement that they made with us? Due to pulling this amount from our 401K we had yet another penalty added in that we can NOT invest into again for 6 months! Thank you PNC!! I do believe you should reimburse us for our continued loss of $$ due to trying to deal with your company.

We pulled all money necessary which was $10, 888.89 needed to get our home out of arrears and PNC MORTGAGE DECLINED? Then turned around and assessed more money on us for a foreclosure company. More money that we do not have after depleting our 401k!

We are begging for some executive assistance and authority, customer service does not care and they do not convey messages to you when a homeowner has funds to pay the house up to date... CUSTOMER SERVICE DOES NOT CARE and they do not know that we have put a lot of money down on this house, its our home and our 3 boys home, they do not give us to a higher management personal when we ask.

PLEASE, help us. We sold our last home in Lake Elsinore California which was also mortgaged with you, to buy this house and create a better life in another state for ourselves and our children. Please, I am begging you- HELP US?

Sincerely,

• Na
    Nathaniel Thomas Thompson Apr 02, 2018

I would like my escrow refunded cash-out 1:10 vs232 claim#:43757- account pin: *6419

• Ly
    Lynda Swan Feb 06, 2018

February 6, 2018...the saga continues!
    We are jumping on your bandwagon! PNC Mortgage is a CROCK! They have screwed over way too many people.
    As I read all these comments from back in 2010, I am realizing this DOES fall back on PNC!!! They have taken advantage of "The People"! We too were dragged into a loan modification in 2010 and did exactly what we were told...while they ate us alive!
    They ended up $5000 ahead just because I asked the question... "The media is saying to talk to your bank to see what options we have. Could you please tell us what options we have? We are NOT behind any payments but I lost my job and looking for 'options'.".After that, the nightmare began! Threatening letters. We'd try calling them back as instructed. No answer OR they would tell us "it will be fine, it takes "time"
    If there is a current lawsuit...please let us know.
    These crooks need to be taken down.
    [email protected]
    Lynda S.

• Ly
    Lynda Swan Feb 06, 2018

@Lynda Swan That was supposed to say...$25, 000 ahead!!!

• Ke
    Keith Aug 22, 2016

PMC Mortgage must have a mentality equal to a monkey!!! They call six or seven times a day and I tell them the person they are calling dosent live here!!They are so stupid they call day in and day out anyway. You could probably give the monkey a banana and get better results than talking to these idiots!!! You threaten to report them and they are so stupid they still call!!! I hope somebody calls these ###s at home and bothers them. I am surprised these people can remember to breath with the IQ they possess!!! Why does our goverment help ###s like these people????

• Mi
    Michael Cramer Aug 19, 2016

After explaining to the man that I had 2 repos and credit cards in collections as well as a bunch of medical bills and other things from years ago, he said if it wasn't in the last 2 years then and there wasn't a bank ruptcy then it would be fine and he said we would qualify. I told him I didn't believe him and he assured me that they do this all the time and that they did the same for others just the other day with bad credit so I did it. After filling out their pack and sending it back I thought they would work with us to get something done. Instead they just gave us the 800 number to apply for a credit card that we already knew about. We thought this was ridiculous and called them back and they assured us that they would not give us the name of a bank that would not accept us. So against my better judgment we applied. Two weeks later the rejection came in the mail. I feel like I've been suckered.

• Aj
    ajm13x Aug 19, 2016

I put a stop payment on a large check coming through on my account. I was reassured my the man helping me that I had nothing to worry about. I
    Must of asked him a million times if he was sure because I hate overdrafting. And I have been cautious with my money. I go and pay bills as
    Put gas in my car and food in my families mouth. I wake up
    To see I have 8 dollars in my account with a 50 dollar gas pending. iCal to get help and the guy said who I spoke to before couldnt of know what kind of check I had out and it was considered a paper check, not electronic. And I began
    My rants on how he assured me it was fine or
    I wouldn't of spent a dime. All the guy could say was I would be covered and not have overdraft penalties due to the fact there was a pending transaction going though for gas. I'm irritated and upset by this. I know
    Nothin can or will be done. But I thought people should be warned of such things..before they are forced to survive off of nothing.

• Br
    branjaye Aug 19, 2016

Every companies success is based on basic customer service, which left National City when PNC "purchased" National City. I stayed at Nstional City because of their customer service, and I am leaving PNC because of their inept customer service. It is not a matter of if, but when this greedy short sighted company fails, but when. Watch for the time to jump into their stock, and short it, to make big money. They will fall, and with any luck for good.

• Qu
    Quentin Grandstaff Aug 19, 2016

I myself am not a customer of PNC bank and never will be after watching what they did to my brother.
    My fiance went to Jail for child support. I contacted my brother who is in Afghanistan Fighting for our country to help get her out. He then contacted his wife who is in Washington. They have over 20, 000.00 in their PNC bank. They attempted to do a wire transfer online to my bank in the amount of 1400.00. It was declined by their bank. They then called their bank and asked what was going on. Nobody could tell why the money could not go through. They then authorized the bank to withdraw the funds from their account and send me a check for $1400.00. The bank informed them that I would have it in 3 business days. After the 3 business days passed and no check was in the mail I contacted my brother. Again there was more communication with the bank. They said they thought it was a attempt at fraud and offered no resolution. Now my fiance who I am supposed to marry in 2 days is still in jail and the bank still has my brothers money. My brother is now opening a new account and changing where his pay goes. This is a smart thing on his part but still don't help my fiance or myself. Thanks PNC.
    I would never recommend this bank to anyone. Emergencies happen and that is why you save money. When it happens and you can not get your money it is useless. It would be the same if you did not have it. The bank is the only one who bennifits. If you want a good bank try Regions.

• Lt
    ltmfdout2 Aug 22, 2013

I open my account back in march I was told along with co workers that after 60 days with direct deposit and a minimum of 1500.00 in account we would get 100.00 after I was told by the branch manager and the rep that signed me up I met all the reguirmednts and now I don't that added other requirements, I email the branch manager that said I met the requirements wouldn't return my phone call or email and refuse to honor what they said. So I've decided to close my account and would advise everyone not to do business with
    Pnc bank

Janet Lee Brown Jun 10, 2013

I am employed, but not full-time. I accepted a minimum wage part-time position in September because I got tired of not finding full-time work that paid a living wage. I am still looking for full-time employment.

I am in the final stages of foreclosure. PNC is my mortgage holder and served me with a request for judicial intervention November 8, 2012. I submitted a hardship assistance package November 27, 2012. A settlement conference was scheduled for January 10, 2013, which was subsequently rescheduled to February 27, then to April 10 because PNC did not appear at the first two meetings. At the April meeting, I learned the Justice’s clerk had called PNC after I left the February meeting, and apparently that constituted a conference, even though I did not participate.

PNC has denied HAMP modification based on past requirements, which stated a mortgage could not be more than one year behind. The housing attorney at the local Legal Aid office pointed out in a letter to the Justice overseeing the case the HAMP 12-month limit criteria cited by PNC had been eliminated November 16, 2012, which gave me a tiny flicker of hope. Unfortunately, I received a letter from the Justice siding in favor with the plaintiff and telling PNC to move forward with the foreclosure.

In November, I chose Clearpoint Credit Counseling as my HUD counselor because they had bankruptcy certification, in case i decided to declare bankruptcy, which I chose not to do. Clearpoint does have a local office, but except for my initial intake call, I have been unable to speak to anyone in Binghamton. There has been virtually no communication between my counselor and me unless initiated by me. I was assured that because I had an FHA loan, there were lots of programs available to help me keep my home. When I was declined for HAMP modification, I was told the counselor didn’t know of any programs in New York State – Clearpoint is based in Virginia.

My mortgage is now two years behind and has fallen outside of the 31% margin – the difference is $402.00, which is one mortgage payment. I believe if PNC had done a partial HAMP modification in December or at the first settlement conference in January, I would not now be in danger of losing my home. I have contacted one of my state senators because I don't know what else to do. I figure if this is happening to me, it is happening to other people as well.

masterjobs.net Jun 04, 2013

Reviews and complains from employees about working at PNC Bank http://masterjobs.net/pnc-financial-services-group

angelica47 May 07, 2013

I went to cash a check and have never received service so poor. I understand why PNC bank has such a bad reputation! I will look elsewhere for my banking needs.

Saginaw, TX Feb 06, 2013

I wish I would have seen this post back in 2010!! Reading all these comments make me sick to my stomach. The same thing happen to us. We started out only 2 month behind and then trying to get a modification that lasted for 2 years because they kept losing our files or as the lady said "it fell through the cracks some how." We did get a modification but it was really redicules, we had to come up with 10, 000 and then they added 20 more years to our loan taking it from a 30 year mortgage to 50 years and now We're looking to see how we can get out of this mess. They didnt let us know about the modification until the day that our house would have gone into forclosure. The worst thing about this besides having a 50 year loan is that PNC has report to the 3 credit companies that they did forclose on us and I'm having trouble taking this off. I heard about the law suit but I dont know who to contact. We're almost tempted to just let them forclose...cant see us paying on a house for 50 years!! Can anybody help?? Saginaw, TX

• Zi
    zina mclean Feb 02, 2013

PNC LOAN # [protected] NEED URGENT HELP!!!
    THIS IS AMAZING WE HAVE RECEIVED THE SAME SCAM ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO MAKE UP PAYMENTS 2 YEARS AGO 2012 NOW ON FEBRUARY 1, 2013 THEY OFFER US A RIDICULOUS CASH REPAYMENT OF 90, 000.00
    IF SOMEONE WITH AUTHORITY CAN HELP IMMEDIATELY PLEASE HELP

I have had the worst experience ever with PNC mortgage modification single point of contact representative Terry Dale and David Klein. Terry Dale has an attitude that is blatantly rude condescending and acts like she does not know me when i call when i have been speaking to her for the last two years (2010) as my single point of contact. She does not elude customer service. She acts as if you are new profile in her library and she is starting from scratch with information and customer service attitude. I told her that she should know who i am if I'm speaking to you twice a week for the past two years as my single point of contact and she doesn't respond. I could speak to her repeatedly three times in a row in the same day which I have and she acts like she doesn't know me from previous calls made on the same day. This is how uncaring and disconnected the customer service is. She knows that I am at her mercy like a slave . I fail behind on my mortgage for three months and tried to repay the total three months in the fourth month and PNC denied and returned check. They mailed me a borrowers assistance form among a host of documents need and I sent them immediately. They keep stating they did not receive this or that document I continued to resend documents about 10 times over no kidding. Finally today February 1, 2013 David Klein ( loss Mitigation Supervisor) informs me that their investors at the bank forwarded over to freddie mac a repayment agreement in lieu of a modification for me to pay mortgage back payment for over two years . Now it is two years of mortgage, attorney, fees, interest etc that is due a pose to three months originally. If I qualify for a repayment plan after two years why couldn't they approve a repayment two years ago when i only owed three months. This is a scam now they want me to pay 10, 0000 immediately in attorney fees and the following month my mortgage goes up from 2, 5000 a month to over 8, 2000.00 a month . Are they insane!!!. I asked David Klein if they could stretch the repayment over 18 or 24 instead of 12 months being that they messed up and delayed this for two years and David Klein (Supervisor for loss mitigation at PNC) stated rudely no absolutely not this is your only offer . How could he have sole control he didn't even try to help or assist. I think he and Ms. Terry Dale were gunning for me because I was too assertive with the saving of my home and they didn't like it . Who can pay over 8, 0000.00 a month. It totals 90, 000 cash repayment in 11 months I don't even bring home 90, 000 take home in a year. How can you now not negotiate with me when you guys messed up in the beginning also by telling me in August of 2012 they never receive a 4506T form when i sent it and stated that this is why I did not qualify for the 1st modification due to missing a form when it was sent. Then now state that i am not eligible for a modification at all however they can give me a repayment plan. I have the same income, same documents, same type of hardship why couldn't i get this agreement two years ago without all the attorney fees back interest etc etc. They should have told me two years ago I could set up a repayment for three months and now two years later they can now give me a repayment for over 90, 000 plus 11, 0000 in additional fees. They are not taking responsibility or held for their in actions to swiftly complete or followup to see if the documents were placed on the image mointering center for review to expedite the process. I have been begging them to repay the three months owed two years ago. This seems like a scam for their attorney's to pad their pockets. I continued to ask if they could place me on a 18 or 24 month repayment plan and he disrespectfully blatantly declined me and said reject it and then start the process over if your not happy. This is unfair to homeowners and I need a President or a Vice President who I requested to speak to however denied help correct this immediately. This is not customer service.

• At
    atripletsr Jan 05, 2013

I received 2 overdraft, which I called the bank to have it removed...there was no luck.. since I've had it done before...but I explained to the Bank, That I have been sick for sometime now & will be happy to give them the letter from the Dr/Hosp. to show that I was sick and wasnt able to avoid the overdraft. The Bank said they can't, so I called the cust. serv. and still no help.
    What happened to Compassion " we will work hard to serve you" So such for cust srv. care...

Dennnis Mar 03, 2012

After calling in asking for it to be moved to the next month because I needed money to run my company and get parts. Also to go to the Doctors, because I have been coughing up blood for the past week. They told me they would give me 4 days more.
    Thanks PNC $%[email protected]%
    The first time the lost the papers I even had an email from them telling me they had everything and it was all good. They would let me know in 30 to 45 days. @ months later the sent me a letter saying didn't’t send them the papers they needed and I would have to send it all in again. The person that sent me the email was gone and they told me they could even talk to her or find any papers I sent in. The next person on my case after I sent in all the papers they asked for called and told me they had all the papers again 11/23/11. On 12/12/11 they filed forecloser papers saying didn't give them all the papers they asked for. After calling again they told me they didn’t had my papers again and I would have to do it all over. 2 weeks later they called and said they got them from me and thanks for sending them in, they really just found them.
    Now here I am, trying to save my home for my wife and son. Trying to run a company and with no insurance, money and coughing up blood and they will not give me any more time than a week to start paying.
    Would a 4 week notice kill them after messing up and all the stress for a year?
    I still need insurance and money to go to the Doctors. Do I go to the Doctors and say hell with the house? I should just do a chapter 7 or 13 and say hell with it. The loan is 100k over the price now.
    [email protected]

• Ju
    Juan A Valdez Feb 24, 2012

Juan Valdez: Same thing happened to me while being considered for a loan work out package, i.e. loan re-modification and or loan re-payment plan my home was taken from me by Freddie Mac. Even after I had spoken to a PNC represenative who said that my home was safe from forclosure while my package was being considered. Turns out the same day that I was denied on my workout package, they foreclosed on me and I had to move out of the home that I had lived in for the last 17 years. What about my equity??? Guess what the house is still in my name in the local Tax Apprsail District. Also I never have nor will I sign my home over to anyone. If they wish to fraudulentley forge my signiture thats up to theam.

• Ol
    OLBigdaddyhoss Jan 30, 2012

That is really sad, Pnc stand's for PEOPLE NOT CARING ! and they do a great job showing it !
    hope you were able to get your air fixed. God Bless !

• Pn
    PNC Poor Negligible Crap!!! Dec 14, 2011

I did a search on "PNC Modification Horrors" and got to this page. Although it doesn't help my current mortgage dillema it's at least alittle reasuring im not the "only one".
    I July i fell behind due to past chemo problems and severe chronic pain. I let PNC know (my mortgage company) and they suggested signing up for the Making Home Affordable Program. Note this is late July/early August. Up until say Dec 1 i have repeatedly sent in bank statements, wage statements, financial summeries, finanancial hardship letters, etc.. Some of these papers were requested 3 to 4 times. Over and over, send your last 2 months bank statements, even though i just did a few weeks ago. During August through late Nov i slowly fell farther and farther behind on my mortgage. On Dec 5th i was told it probably wasn't the best idea to try to make any payments because if i did i wouldn't be eligible for the MHAP. Well after hours and hours and pages of faxing info was i supposed to just give up? They suggested no. Oh and by the way, the lady who was in charge of past due mortgages never once was there to answer. Just another "im on another line or away from my desk but be assured ill get back to you". But her mailbox was full. About 3 weeks ago i was sent a letter informing me that another person would be handling my deliquent loan. Did they finally can the first woman? It's going on 4 days now and im unable to get in touch with her as well. This last weekend i recieved a notice that my home is in foreclosure but when talking to someone at PNC he told me there isn't a sale date yet so don't worry. Easier said then done. Yesterday i recieved a certified letter from a law firm stating they are now handling my loan and need to do something within 30 days. But after yet another call to PNC i was told i am still in the MHAP and they are reviewing my info and it could take up to 12 weeks. So do i wait to see if im approved and hopefully they will make my mortgage current or lower my payments or do i call the law firm and tell them i want to make payments and just get my damn home back? Talk about being in a pickle. What happens a month from now when PNC says sorry your not approved for the MHAP. I just wasted for months sending over 100 pages of faxes( which by the way i don't own a fax machine so i have to spend $1.75 per page at Office Max to fax them. Also i get double letters daily stating different things. I get phone calls on my home phone to call PNC even though im calling them daily. The communication in loss mitigation is NIL!!! Id be fired for such sloppy work. Unfortunately they aren't and they are playing with my home. Without my home i mine as well get hit by a car. For anyone just beginning this process, be very very careful and don't believe anything just because some office smuck tells you. Honestly i can't recommend it. If i could go back 4 months i would definately not have done this. Unfortunately it's to late. So im stuck over Xmas wondering if i will have a home or not. I was going to install some weatherstripping and paint the kitchen and put in a new floor but now why bother. I'll end up finishing it and PNC will walk in and say "gosh thanks, the new owners will love this". I plan on calling the law firm listed above and tell them my story and maybe if enough people do "something" could result. Im not holding my breathe though. Thanks for the early Xmas gift PNC. Possible homelessness, enough stress to age 10 years in 4 months, a probable heart attack and while i won't say not a will to live i will ask PNC workers may i move in there home? Oh, be sure and have the kitchen painted yellow. That's the color i started to paint my (or is it now PNC's) home.

• Sp
    specialed_nikkig Aug 06, 2011

I am in the SAME situation! I fell behind 1 month because my furnace went out and I had to replace it. After a year of trying to qualify for some kind of modification, I was told that the house was included in a bankruptcy back in 2008 and I thought the debt was reaffirmed! They would rather throw a single mom and her kids out on the street than modify the loan or tack a few extra payments on the end. Ridiculous!!

• Gd
    G D Jul 29, 2011

In May, PNC Bank offered to move a loan payment on my mobile home to the end of the contract. I asked if we could do two, and they agreed. After that, I got one call and a woman told me it would take a long time to put the change through. Then silence. By July, they still had not put the transaction through. I was late with the July payment, and they POUNCED. They put in order of replevin with the court. It was a set up. Now I have to go to court and prove that they promised to move the two payments to the end of the contract. I may lose my home.

• Mi
    michiqutina Jul 22, 2011

Went to PNC for a loan to replace my ac central unit. I felt my human rights were violated, It is summer, we all are strugguling with the weave heat. I never behind in my mortgage payments. Because my credit score of 6.10 they requiere 6.85, I wasn't eligible for the 23 hundred dollars to replace my central ac and here I am tolerating dehidration, sweeting unable to sleep at nights. Pray to GOD protect mi from heart attack. What a shame. Thought they care for the human being part but obviuosly money is first for PNC.

• Bw
    Bwarren99999 May 09, 2011

After going through a similar nightmare with PNC for two years, it helps to know we are not alone. We have about six inches of documentation. PNC actually told us we could file bankruptcy, but they would still get our house. We did have to file two days before the house was to go to foreclosure. Then we receive a letter that we may still be eligible for a modification. This has been a joke. I have never seen a business so unresponsive and wanting to foreclose no matter what. I do believe they have a bogus"drive by" appraisal showing the house to be worth much more than it is (my wife is amreal estate agent), so if they actually got the house, they woils get a nasty surprise, but I guess that wouldn't matter as the American taxpayer woils bail them out. If anyone knows of a class action lawsuit, please let me know.

Anonymous 123456 Apr 26, 2011

It's amazing that all of these stories have bacically the same theme going. I my self have truly have never dealt with such a low life company as them. My story is about the same as these others, with them saying that I missed payments and they sent back my checks and told me I was late. And now my mortgage is double because I agreed to pay for things tha I don't owe, Just to save my house. I truly hope that anyone looking at mortgages runs from PNC when they read these posts. These people are truly ### and if anyone looks around on the web there are more of these same stories abount them.

• Fe
    FEEBUM Apr 05, 2011

HELP IS HERE!!! PASS IT ON!!! This law firm is collecting info on people affected by PNC... CONTACT THEM REGARDING YOUR ISSUE TO BE INCLUDED!! Good luck to all of us!!
    Strange & Carpenter
    12100 Wilshire Boulevard
    Suite 1900
    Los Angeles, CA 90025
    Toll-free: [protected]
    Fax: [protected]

• Sh
    Shamed Hawaii Resident Mar 16, 2011

DO NOT BELIEVE PNC. My story is the same as all of these. When I found this site I got a lawyer just in time. They foreclosed 4 days later. They will foreclose on you. Why do they want your house? Because they sell it right back to the lendor for less than the balance of the loan. I am in the process of finishing my filing for Chapter 13 to save my home. Think about this... I have no dept, I paid every payment on time since the beginning of the loan. It can happen to anyone. They made me stop my payments while they processed the In-House Modification (after I had been pushed around with the first modification), then they foreclosed and then 3 days later they denied my application for modificaition. I have a voicemail from the woman who was assigned my loan saying she had not even received my package yet and within 3 days they foreclosed... so, NO ONE REVIEWED MY APPLICATION. It was all a hoax. Aholes. I am so mad I could spit in the sea of PNC. They will pay. Spitting in the face of PNC, Kauai, HI

• Mf
    mfmarshall Mar 10, 2011

HI, MY NAME IS MIKE AND I'M FROM BARBRTON OHIO. I RECENTLY WAS ABLE TO STOP MY HOME FROM FORCLOSURE. I LUCKILLY WAS CALLED BACK TO WORK AND WAS ABLE TO USE ALL OF MY 401K. I TRIED TO GET A HOME MODIFICATION LOAN FOR 18 MONTH'S. ON MY LAST ATTEMPT I APPLIED FOR AN IN HOUSE MODIFICATION. 1 WEEK LATER I RECIEVED PAPER'S FROM A LEGAL FIRM THAT MY HOUSE WAS IN FORECLOSURE. I WAS ABLE TO PAY APPROX $8.000.OO TO BRING MY LOAN CURRENT. $1, 700 WENT TO P.N.C. LEGAL FIRM. I WOULD LIKE TO GET INVOLVED WITH COMPLAINT, S! PLEASE CONTACT ME TO LET ME KNOW WHAT TO DO. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SET UP COMMUNICATION ON THIS SITE? THANK'S MIKE IN BARBERTON OHIO.

• Ne
    Nerveknob Mar 04, 2011

Stay away from this bank. They can really ruin your life!

I had purchased/financed a used vehicle and they botched up the paperwork so badly that the manufacturer will not release the title, but they established the loan and still hold me responsible. I cannot drive or license my $33k car due to PNC's horrendous handling of the title work. And they are still holding me to the loan. It's been two months and no sight of a resolution. The manufacturer got their pay-off and they consider the car still owned by the prior owner, who is unreachable.

They are destroying my (once high) credit, costing thousands. I'm so sick from this I cannot stand it. Attorney fees will be through the roof. This started with the PNC Branch on Henderson in Columbus, OH.. and has progressed to their upper tier loan centers with no resolution (all of PNC has been useless in trying to resolve this). Henderson Road, Columbus is horribly managed (well all of it is). And this after being an excellent customer with a prior vehicle.

PNC is heartless and will not resolve this. They simply say, "sorry". So, please find another institution to finance through and save yourself the pain. These people are thieves! I'm still trying find resolution as of March 2011.

• Se
    Seakist Mar 02, 2011

This place is the worst. VERY POOR WORK ETHIC. One teller, Alicia, should be so ashamed of herself. She's just plain nasty! Very low class/no class operation. Doesn't greet customers with a smile. The management is awful. I was harassed by two men and no one did anything. I do not feel safe in there.

• Lo
    Lois G. Schluter Feb 27, 2011

It is alarming to see the large number of people who are sharing the same nightmarish experience with attempts with PNC to
    assist with the current downturn in the economy. Naively my husband and believed that the Obama program would prevent
    many of us in similar situations from losing our homes. We
    have submitted time and time again the documents required by
    PNC to no avail...At ages 72 and 80, we cannot imagine joining
    how many other homeless people in the U.S.A...??watching the
    thieves in mortgage companies getting wealthier by the minute??
    and whatever happened to accountability for all the massive
    funds received by these lenders. They just keep on requesting
    bail outs and our government just keeps doling out our money.Now I am wondering who will have all the funding to purchase all of the
    homes that have been sold at forclosure. Of course! the same CEO's
    that get massive bonuses for the outstanding job they do...
    there is an end to this somewhere but I have lost faith in any of our government's programs to provide assistance to those of us who are caught up in this tragedy. another fellow victim

• Li
    LIVESTRONG2011 Jan 26, 2011

FINALLY HELP HAS ARRIVED- CURRENTLY BEING INVESTIGATED PNC IS GOING TO HAVE TO ANSWER!!
    Mortgage-Related Issues and Home Affordable Modification Program

Law offices of Strange & Carpenter IN LOS ANGELES is investigating mortgage-related issues and whether Wells Fargo; CitiMortgage; American Home Mortgage; Litton Loan Servicing; OneWest Bank; Aurora Loan Services; Ocwen Financial Corp.; Wachovia; Saxon Mortgage Services; and PNC Mortgage are complying with the loan modification requirements of the federal Home Affordable Modification Program ("HAMP"). Please contact us for a free consultation if you are the borrower of a mortgage loan with one of these lenders/loan servicers who applied for and was determined to be eligible for a HAMP loan modification, but did not receive a permanent loan modification.
    0 mins ago by LIVESTRONG2011 0 Votes

Strange & Carpenter-- RE PNC MORTGAGE ... CURRENTLY INVESTIGATED FOR A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT
    12100 Wilshire Boulevard,

• Ry
    Ryan1722 Jan 04, 2011

Letter that I wrote to our PNC Contact:

Patricia,

I wanted to follow up with you- I made the decision to ditch the home owners affordaballity plan that was being offered by PNC for two reasons.

1. Because this program had destroyed my credit- The letter that I requested back from Rhonda in June was never sent to the credit agencies nor was it sent to the credit union I was trying to get my loan from.

2. Because one arm of PNC was not talking to the other, I was in fear of losing my home. A month after we went through all of this- I received a letter stating that I had not been accepted by the home owners affordabillity program. That I was denied based on one small document that I had been asked to provide. I had a tracking number saved- where I had mailed the requested form in.. Still I was denied the program because they said the document I sent in was not received. I had made my requested payments in the trial period I was accepted for on time every month throughout the trial period. ----- PNC stated that I now owed approximately $3500 dollars in back payables that was marked as the difference between the amount I was paying on the program versus the real amount I should have been paying--- Worse, we were able to skip a payment at the beginning of the program while we waited for our program packet. All these funds were due- and due in short order or the bank was going to foreclose on us. All this time of course they had been reporting late to my credit even though I had followed the payment structure outlined in the program to the letter.

I was receiving letters and harassing phone calls from PNC collections// some of the collections officers that I spoke with acknowledged that they spoke with other people who had similar luck with this program--- and were put in a very bad position (like mine) as a result. I was furious, I called every department within PNC// even PNC corporate - repeatedly asking for supervisors names and numbers trying to escalate my situation. Finally a case manager for the Home Owners Affordabillity program contacted me- admitted that she saw the error in my documentation and agreed to reprocess my file--- This of course would require me to again go through a six month trial program which again would report as late on my credit for my payment / and possibly leave me with a greater balance owed if I again was denied at the end of the trial. I was told by multiple sources in multiple departments that this was my only option.

Furious, I opted out of the program that was being extended to me. My wife and I were able to come up with the $3500 dollars and money enough for the next mortgage payment on our own. We had no interest in any more programs and simply wanted PNC to honor our original contract for our mortgage. In addition, we requested that PNC still send the letter they should have sent all the way back in June to the credit agencies that we were always current and never late. PNC refused to send any letter updating the agencies- stating that their records with the agencies were correct- that technically I was in fact late on my payments- even though I had paid everything that was asked of me in the trial program // and was willing to completely pay off the past due amount after being denied by the program... We had no choice, so we simply paid the account's past due amount to current - That was on August 25th.

We have been current and have made our regular payments ever since. My credit score plummeted from approximately 680-700 to 520!!! Lenders believed that my home was going into foreclosure!! Our only saving grace is that the house was only under my name and not my wife's who kept her good credit intact.

We were still able to get the car loan through her name alone- but because they couldn't add my income/ use my credit I had to come up with an additional $4, 000 dollars out of pocket to bring the sale amount of the vehicle down!!!

To add insult to injury I subscribed to freecreditreport.com - and regularly have checked to see if PNC would even up to my credit since August showing that I was paid up and current. The latest report reads no update from PNC since may!!! That have not reported a thing!!! At this point, I have no clue what to do-

In my opinion PNC used the home owners affordabillity act as a tool to take advantage of people that were in a bad situation - start them on a trail- let them accrue a large balance in the difference-- then deny them forcing them to come up with a huge lump sum payment that was impossible to make... Had we been in any other situation-- we would have foreclosed on our home and PNC would have had their way... Instead I climbed through the obstacle course- Paid PNC their ridiculous lump sum demand and still PNC has yet to even show me current with the agencies since August!!!

In my opinion the very least that PNC should have done is corrected my credit to reflect the good / timely payments that we made- but if they are not willing to do that they at least owe me what ANY VENDOR WOULD DO - which is report me as I am, CURRENT..

I am reaching out to you hoping that you can give me some point of escalation- I want someone high up/ some department that I am able to send my story to so that we can at least get that letter into the agency to fix my credit. Additionally, if PNC cares at all about it's clients, I am sure that they would want to make sure that something similar doesn't happen to individuals also going through these programs.

The other day I read an interesting article:

This is what happened to me... I would greatly appreciate any information you can give me to help my cause... I just want my credit fixed // and if that can't happen I at least want them to report me as current (which I am, and have been since August).

I am extremely disappointed in the generic and faceless responses I have been given. Aside from you, PNC has been a soulless corporation that almost cost us our home and has destroyed my credit.

I am an elected official in Plainfield/ I am a local business owner.. I know to PNC I am small - but I will use the resources that I have to make this public if the situation is not rectified! This is not a threat, I am simply saying that this needs to be cleared up-- Or I will make it my goal to expose something that is wrong.. I would appreciate anything you can do to help this situation..A contact, anything..

Thanks!,

• To
    Tony K Dec 31, 2010

I am amazed that there are this many people, me included, that have fallen for PNC Mortgage false statements. My situation is exactly like the umpteen stories that I have just read. Unfortunately, my home is gone now. I lost my career due to illegal CEO hedge fund trading, then my children and I were served a notice of sale. We packed up our home in 3 days and had to leave. It was a hard fight and just because I got behind one payment and they wouldnt accept a 3 month repayment plan to get caught back up. Modifications are a joke. I went through this process and fell for the lost paperwork, need more information, etc until the day I was supposed to have some kind of answer came in the form of the foreclosure notice. Being a single dad that raised three children for over 14 years without help from their mother made me feel strong until this event. I truly hope that our pain results in some kind of positive result, and not just positive income for these mortgage companies. I am saddened to see people still buying their stock and raising their value. It's a hope that "We the people" is returned to this country, as "We the wealthy" have seemed to replace it. Best of luck to you all, my prayers are with you all. Tony K- Washington State

• To
    tomjm Dec 14, 2010

I'm having the same issues as everybody else. I was told they dont accept unemployment as wages so I dont qualify for a loan mod. This is after them telling me not to send payments is cause it would mess their numbers up in the mod papers. Now I'm almost a year behind and in foreclosure. I sent a complaint to our state attorney general Tom Corbett. I'm not sure they can help me in time, but hopefully they can get PNC straightened out for those just starting into this nightmare. Tom York, PA

DeeRichard731 Dec 02, 2010

I have all the same nighmares that you have all experienced too. I hate this mortgage company and as far as Obama's Loan Modificaton program "There is no such thing" with this company. they did everything to me as all of you have stated and I would like to be added to a class action law suit against this company as well! Dianne - Boston, MA

DeeRichard731 Dec 02, 2010

I have the same horror stories as all of you above. I have been working with them for 1 year and not one time have I receiced any type of agreement or modification. This modification is a JOKE. There is no such thing. Diann - Boston, MA . They should be closed down they are not helping anyone...

• Pa
    patriciahurtado Nov 30, 2010

i dont know what to do any more im just like everyone here. i been through this issue over 1 year 1/2. i want would to know what the lawsuit site is because i dont want to lose my house. I had complied with all the paper work. They said they never received it or was not on time which is all lies . please someone guide me...i dont know what to do

• On
    onemoreconsumer Nov 29, 2010

I had a HELOC account with PNC years ago. Out of the blue their collections department calls me claiming back charges are due for insurance on a house I haven't owned for nearly a decade.

I've followed their instructions multiple times, in writing, and they won't even respond, yet the collections notices keep coming... for a bill that should not even exist!

Mistakes happen, but the total refusal (or ineptitude) to respond appropriately is not OK. I'll never do business with PNC again.

• There has to be a way to start a class action lawsuit against PNC Mortgage. PNC is a nightmare of a company and our fate is in the hands of someone sitting behind a desk with a pile of paperwork in front of them. It's impossible to get a hold of someone and when u do, they cannot help u and then u get a foreclosure letter in the mail.

• Gp
    gpierce6185 Nov 22, 2010

WOW...I hate to see so many people are experiencing the same poor quality responses from PNC that I am yet kind of glad to know I am not alone!
    Here is my story...I made partial mortgage payments to PNC in August and September of 2010 when I was forced into reduced hours at work. In October (when my hours were reinstated and I started my additional part time job) i was ready to start making full payments again. That was when I got my first check back from PNC. They were returning my partial payments. On the same day I got some (not all) of my payments back I also got notification from PNCs attorney that my house was being placed in foreclosure proceedings. I have the money to bring my mortgage currect, as well as enough income to make my house payments. Yet, PNC says I have no other option but to particiapte in their loan modification programs all the while the foreclosure process moves forward. I have a lot of equity in my house and believe that PNC sees a real cash cow when they look at my property. I have worked hard to get where I am and do not want to lose my house...I am NOT just another number of someone that got in over their head.

Frustrated!!!

• Sh
    Shamed Hawaii Resident Nov 22, 2010

I am also in this situation. I have an attorney now and he is filing my Chapter 13. There was no other way out. I am shamed for falling for this. It took them one year to get my house from me because I believed all their talk about the modification and stimulous assistance. By the time I figured out what was really going on it was too late. I received an intent to foreclose. I got an attorney and that night they sent me the notice to sell my house on the steps. Please let this Chapter 13 save me. There is no other way out. PNC is ruthless. They talked me into being an idiot. I had a perfect credit report and payment history. I applied because the market went down and I hoped the 300 hundred a month less would help me over the rough spot. It did... then they started in with repeated requests for the same thing over and over. then told me I had to pay the balance plus fees to go back to my original payments. I wanted out. It all ended up a nightmare. The sale is December 13, 2010. I pray my lawyer can save me and my home. My credit is already in the toilet.. they made sure they did that too. Did you know that if you have a secured loan (i.e.FHA) the mortgage company does not get the property, they get the money and the bank gets the house? What a deal. Why would you work with anyone with a modification. Did you know that if you have a lot of equity in your home... it looks like gold to them? you bet! What a scam! I WAS A TARGET> Good Equity, Single Woman, Hard Times... they had my number!