Having problems with Old Mutual?

Old Mutual reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 20, 2010. The latest review Old Mutual superfund service was posted on Oct 13, 2021. The latest complaint Unable to pay My Investment plan was resolved on Nov 15, 2011. Old Mutual has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 15 reviews. Old Mutual has resolved 2 complaints.

Old Mutual Customer Service Contacts

+27 860 506 070 (Customer Service)
+27 860 947 366 (Financial Advice)
+27 215 092 765 (International)
+264 61 239 527 (Namibia)
+27 860 468 378 (Disability Insurance)
+27 860 234 234 (Unit Trusts)
+27 860 536 337 (Education Plan)
+27 860 606 062 (Funeral Plan)
+27 860 607 000 (Pay When You Can)
+27 860 939 493 (iWYZE Insurance)
+27 860 532 737 (Investment Plan)
+27 860 101 233 (Medical Cover)
+27 860 606 064 (Life Plan Range)
v860 234 234 (Unit Trusts)
+27 214 166 000 (Wills and Trusts)
+27 215 559 300 (Private Wealth Mgt, Cape Town)
+27 312 675 800 (Private Wealth Mgt, Durban)
+27 113 226 300 (Private Wealth Mgt, Johannesburg)
+27 123 661 100 (Private Wealth Mgt, Pretoria)
Mutualpark, Jan Smuts Drive, Pinelands
Cape Town
South Africa - 7405

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Old Mutual Customer Service. Initial Old Mutual complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Old Mutual above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Old Mutual. Discuss the issues you have had with Old Mutual and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Old Mutual Complaints & Reviews

Old MutualOld Mutual superfund service

I submitted a claim in relation to a court order granted on the 17th May 2021 to Old Mutual Superfund. These documents were submitted on the 13th September 2021 via e-mail as their fax number did not go through. On the 29th September 2021 I received an e-mail from them(Old Mutual Superfund) sending me an unfilled form to complete which I complied with again on the 30th September 2021.

On the 13th October 2021 I receive an e-mail requesting me to send a consent letter from the member together with their particulars of which I do not intend doing as the decree is very clear.

Bheka Nene

Old MutualPolicy cancellation

Hello there, I had a Policy at Old Mutual with Investment, Funeral Cover and Life Cover, so last month which is September on the 9th I filled the Form which they provided me to fill, which with it I was requested to cancel my Policy with them.

They have not responded back to me even as yet and they said it takes 11 Business Days to get back to me and its beyond that time now.

Please help

This is their number +[protected]

Old MutualUnpaid claim

Please help me, I lost my brother Lucky Siviwe Mpepanduku on 02/04/19.He named me, his sister, Zingisa Mpepanduku as the beneficiary. I submitted a claim to Old Mutual. All documents were submitted to them. When I was supposed to be paid, I was told that I needed to get a letter of authority. I went to the magistrate office. The official told me that there was no need for such a letter because I was named the benefiary. I have not been paid ever since. Please help me get my late brothers money.

Old MutualCash back

On 7/06/21 I called [protected], enquiring about cash back, they told me I must email bank statement and copy of ID, to [protected]@oldmutual.com.i got respond saying money will be in my bank account 3-5 days, I didn't get.on 14/06/21 they told me my banking details where not updated, but they gonna update them.on 15/06/21 they told me same story and ensure me they updating them immediately I will get my money within 3 days still I didn't get, on 18/06/21 I called again still told they gonna lodge a complain regarding my request. Ref:gsenq6264322. Ref:cet21060453. I'm so disappointed with old mutual when it's time to pay my cash back they don't know my banking details, but every month they debit money from my account.

Respond

Old MutualI am complaining about your failure to deliver

So I went to withdraw money from my investment account last week on Friday, up until today I have not received my money nor any communication from you. Yesterday I went back to the branch again (wonderpark), they told me that the money will be in my account by this time today. I haven't received yet, I am highly disappointed in your services and I am sorry but I am taking my business elsewhere. Thank you

Old Mutualwealth death claim

On Tuesday 02 July I went to the Client Services, Maponya Mall, Soweto branch to make a death claim on policy number [protected]. All necessary documentation was submitted. I am appalled at the slow/ no pace in this claim. To date, the issue has still not been resolved. Ref#: CEB190728625. The turn around period is supposed to be 10 days. When I went back after the said ten days, the branch manager advised that I must wait until the rest of the week of the 15 July. Nothing happened. When I phoned the call centre Licia Harris informed me that correspondence was sent to the branch, but this was not communicated with me. I made the claim, not the branch.

I then decided to go to another branch in Westgate Mall, Roodepoort on Monday 22 July 2019. Only then I was advised that Wealth is not in their mandate and I contacted the Wealth call centre, resubmitted the forms, but still no response or text confirmation as promised on and the progress thereof. I even left the message on their voice mail after 5 pm on Monday. Please advise. I am at my wits and greatly disappointed.

Old Mutual Finance — old mutual finance service in gugulethu square

Another incident in Gugulethu Square... I am beginning to think that creditors who are situated in this mall...

Old Mutual — Turnaround time for payout is absolutely pathetic

To whom it may concern Please be advised that I am very perturbed by the way my situation has been handled...

Old Mutual — Claim hasn't been paid out😡

Approximately 2 to 3 months ago I went and made a claim at Old Mutual. I brought all documents needed and all...

Durban

Old MutualUnable to pay My Investment plan

I have been pay Investment plan at Old mutual for 5 year. This is 5 year investment as it also stated in the policy document. I went to old mutual brach in santon for them to pay out my money only to be told that they have change pay date to 2015 without consulting with me as a policy holder. when i want to cancel the policy they do not want. Now i have decide to cancel all my policy with old mutual because i can trust this company any more.

• Mp
                  mphoroza Nov 06, 2012

As I communicated fo the past two years with the company till now no response indication or transfer of those proceeds after having submitted Master of high court papers, and all the affidavids with their claim forms faxed them

Old Mutualincresed double the amount in 6 month

Had a lease on my moms name in March for five years, my mom passed away in may2010, lease said one month cancellation of death of lessee. In june I asked Old Mutual for renewal of lease on my name or a com pany name.
                no answer came, anyhow the prospective owner came and told me not to worry as he had bought the property as an investment he would give me the same lease and deposit, in november only property was transferred now owner wants double rental, he has become greedy, what do i do

Respond

Old MutualWhy should I pay for a letter that was not even required

Old Mutual Medical Aid requested a letter of motivation from my doctor for a chronic condition which I have been receiving medication for the past few years. This was an unnecessary request as if the medical aid had kept their records up to date, they would have noted that I am on chronic medication for many years for the same chronic condition so why even request this? The doctor provided the motivation letter and charged out of MSR rates which I am now expected to pay - this is unacceptable as I did not request the letter. The Medical Aid should have thought of the implications before requesting such a letter. Besides why should I pay for a letter that was not even required?

Old MutualI will never do business with Old Mutual ever

I have been harassed by old mutual trying to sell me a policies. 11 calls previous day, 18 calls yesterday, 7 calls so far today. Everytime you phone me it is some other name that you have made up, at least get your information correct. Please stop this harassment. I will NEVER do business with Old Mutual ever. You are disrupting my day. I'm also aghast as to the pedantic attitude that your 'sales' staff exude. Please delete my number from your system. If I receive any more calls of a harassment nature I will be forced intervene legally.

Respond

Old MutualThe service I received is very pathetic, from such a big company

I called old mutual on the number provided on their website as I would like to take out a Retirment policy. A lady answered the phone laughingi found this to be very unprofessional), I advised her that I want to take out an insurance(RA) she provided me with a number, upon calling the number I was then given another number. I called the number and was told there is no one to assist and that I need to give my contact details and I will receive a call later in the day. To date I still have not received a call.

The service I received is very pathetic, from such a big company.

1 Response

Old MutualThis bad service is going to ruin my future

I was contacted by Data factory at the end of June 2009, a company used by Old Mutual, and informed that I am a beneficiary for Orion Provident Fund and money is due to me. I had to submit documentation to them which I did straight away.

Since then I have had a hard time getting the payment made to me. I have phoned on numerous occasions and everytime promises are made that payments would be made soon. Last week I was told that it would be sorted out in 5-7 working days, but now they say that there is no progress. The fund needs to be disinvested, which I understand, but the people responsible for this are not responding. I am in a very difficult position as I am going to work overseas in three weeks and need the money urgently. I have counted on this money and this bad service is going to ruin my future. I am not employed at the moment and need this money to pay for expenses to go work overseas.

• Lo
                            Louise du Plessis Oct 23, 2018

Louisa du Plessis, 1008 Hyde ave, Eldoraigne, Centurion.
                            Claim no [protected]
                            Policy no [protected]

12 May 2017 Armed robbery at home.
                            Duplicate car keys and alarm remote control were missing after robbery.

M&f refused to pay for alarm remote control. Only wants to pay for new keys.

Comments