Pizza Hut (NPC International) / treatment of employees

pizza hut npc international
Here is the deal. Ive worked for pizza hut for eight years.In the last year a new corp took over (Npc). This company has completely ruined the lives of their managers. Anyone who works as an assistant or store manager gets treated like trash.
For example: the hours were pushed up to 54 hours per week with no additional pay. We had to work 6 day work weeks for 8 months straight. They stopped giving bonuses for assistant managers whom 90% of the time is also doing the store managers' job. I came to work one day only to find out that I had been transferred 1 1/2 hours away to a store that is so far out of the way that it is extremely difficult to get to in a decent amount of time. There are no breaks, no time to eat and all shifts are now 12 hours for 4 days of the week.
This company treats their employees like rag dolls and has completely alleonated all of the workers that actually made a difference. And this is why the service is so lousy. Since the minimum wage went up (And rightly so) they cut the staff by 1/3 and expect the manager to make up the difference.In one day, I answer phones, make pizzas, cut pizzas, dispatch, cash out orders, order our inventory, work on the schedule, take care of complaints, follow the food safety guidelines, deal with at least 3 people calling out a day, deployment issues because of staff shortages, all while trying to handle upwards of 400 orders on a friday or saturday and a little less on weekdays. Needless to say im doped up on caffeine, cant sleep, dont eat lunch or dinner 5 days a week, and have no social life of any kind.
They do not care about quality of life for their managers. Oh, and one more thing. One particular incident will never leave me. A manager came to work though pregnant and not feeling well at about 3 pm started having pains and tried to get a replacement but no one showed for 2 hours. Well, use your imagination on what happened to her child.
Education doesnt matter, how about common decency

A  9th of Jul, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Iowa NPC Managers don't get much better treatment. I have not had a raise in 4 yrs of working my [censor] off, I get treated like a piece of sh*t that got stuck on the bottom of someone's shoe, and I have to watch all the male managers get treated better, have less work and more money, and they have worked less time than I have. I am on my feet for anywhere from 9-14 hours a day and I NEVER get to sit down or take any break time. If you want to get a job at Pizza Hut, make sure they are NOT a franchise owned by NPC - you will regret every minute of it! Yes, I am trying to find another job. I need a paycheck for now, but just as soon as i get something else, I'm outta that hole that was barfed up from the bowels of hell!
A  29th of Sep, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I completely agree with both of these complaints, or rather truths of NPC. I started out as a driver when it was still phi..and stayed when it changed to NPC. I'm now a shift leader and think the expectations are too ridiculous!! Watch your numbers, cook because your cook is out, cash in drivers, drop the wings, answer questions in a hurry, deal with discounts for csr's, complaints, and don't forget to answer the phones so you don't get abandon calls!!?? Really?? And this whole c.h.a.m.p.s. thing is supposed to make me feel good about my job when I can't even get off my feet to eat for 15mins.?? Breaks?? Can't even tell you what that is..we don't even get a 15min. one..what happened to the laws? Oh, don't clock out and work, because if you fall, A: we won't cover your worker's comp. B: we won't have an employee. NPC, is a joke! They are a cash cow! The Heart of the Hut, is a book of common sense. Why do I have to memorize a book that tells you to basically be professional and treat everyone else with respect? Uh, duh.. isn't that expected at all jobs, well most of em. Most of the time, manager's that I've come across treat their employees like crap, by yelling at them and cussing at them in front of customers. Maybe they are soo tired and stressed they flip out, but still, not the best way to treat anyone. I've heard horror stories and know of an Area Coach who still have their jobs, but treat people like they are below them. Well here's the truth if you didn't get it in elementary school, WE ARE CREATED EQUAL!! I don't care if you work like cow, don't take out your stress on me..I came in to relieve you so you can go home and not close. For once, I would like to work for a company I'm proud to work for. Not feel like a roach they find in their kitchens. You want more business, HIRE MORE HELP NPC!!! Stop treating us like we are disposable, because one day you will find that your little organization built on lies and a lackadaisical attitude will ruin you!! How do we get OTD, HIGH FIVES, and not have so many credit's to give if you don't give us the support. And stop sending emails of who team is better than the next.!! I don't care!! I know my team works their butts off but it doesn't matter to Npc. You've gotten us into spoiling the customer that they expect way more than what we can give them. It's just a fast food chain, not the president's kitchen. Now don't get me wrong, I do my job and always go above the call of duty..but I don't appreciate no support or a little understanding from the one who signs my check, or puts it in on my paycard. If your "dream" is to work at The Hut, go with an independent owner for one, and do not be in management, You make more being a driver... if you get tips. As soon as I get another job lined up I'm OUT!!
A  17th of Nov, 2010 by
Dude NPC is seriously the worst company I have worked for. Seems like almost everyday they come up with such stupid ideas, it seems like ideas the chairman's whacked out wife thought up one night. What did they call us today ? Cant think of it, I'm a driver and I'm stoned, something impling that we are a threat to brand success and heads will roll if we dont get more survey responses. They clearly dont think things through. Look at that annual award thing with picture. C'mon 6 guys to 64 chicks? Thats not fair and Id say the same if it were the other way around. They made all the area managers have an 8 hour meeting on Veterans day. Honor our troops!! I felt bad for those guys, even if some are idiots. The worst thing about NPC is that there isnt ANyTHING good about them. At all.
A  17th of Nov, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I also work at an NPC international-owned Pizza Hut. It is the worst job. I have been there for 2 and half years with no pay raise, besides the minimum wage raise, and know how to do everything in that store. I am a CSR and get treated like crap on a daily basis. Our store is actually dealing with a little mutiny from me and 3 other employees against our assistant manager because he treats us like crap. I am writing this right now because I just got sent home because I refused to get on the register. Why, you ask? Because half the time they don't set up different registers for different people so everyone is using one register and if it comes up short we all get written up. Tonight he did set up registers and my early out CSR was working on it. He set me up one but I refused because he gets on my register and I am not risking my job for him. He is already trying to get most of the store fired because he found out that no one really likes him because of the way he treats his employees. As a matter of fact I was always nice to the guy and I told him on multiple occasions that he has good employees but if he keeps dicking them around something bad is going to happen. NCP international keeps very little tabs on individual stores. As long as it is clean and making money they don't care about anything else. Our Regional manager never gets in touch with us when we have complaints to file and no one else higher tends to answer either. As much as I need a job, I am quite willing and ready to be fired for some insane reason and I hope to expose our store's management for what they are along the way. The [censor]. Manager gets to come in two hours late every day because he has another job and yet when I am in the hospital and call in 6 hours before my shift I get an attitude from management for a week and my hours cut. WHY IS ANY OF THIS OKAY? Because NPC doesn't give a good crap. But as I sit at 11 and half hours every week this assistant manager gets his friends hired as a CSR, management knowing full well we already have five and the highest hours given out are 19. NO ONE can live off of that except teenagers who live with their parents. But none of the CSRs are that. Two others and I are in college or are trying to get enough money up to pay for a couple of classes. But that doesn't matter does it? I tell my manager I need more hours. He tells me that I am in school so he is taking it easy on me. I am 23 and took mostly online classes so I could recieve as many hours as possible. I only go on campus twice a week. I am old enough and wise enough to handle school and more than 12 hours at work a week. I could do all of those hours in one day standing on my head. WTF NPC? Pay attention to who really is the heart of Pizza Hut. The cooks, CSRs, drivers, waitresses. The people who actually have to deal with the customers everyday. BTW, does anyone know where to find employee handbooks on line because for some reason we never have one in the store. We actually had a new guy ask for one and our manger said, "uh...no, we don't have any". What complete B.S.
N  1st of Dec, 2010 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I work at a NPC owned Pizza Hut in Horn Lake, MS and it is also the worst job ever. First off, I have been there for a year now and I'm still topping out at 15 hours a week with no pay raise while the manager can bring in his friends and they get around 30-35 hours starting out and are making 8 dollars an hour. And on the subject of the managers friends, I put in an request for a shift lead opening after I was there for 3 months. I kept asking the managers about it and they said they would let me know. Last week, one of the managers driver friends started boasting that he got the postition and he has only been there for 2 weeks! Also one night I got a flat tire while out on a run and I called the store to tell them that I had to wait for my friend to bring a jack. Instead of asking was I ok and if they could help, the manager just rudely tells me "Just Hurry Up and Don't Eat the Pizza" as if that was what I was thinking about at the time. Long story short, I got the tire fixed and the pizza delivered and when I got back to the store, which was no more than an hour later, he closes me out for the night and tells me to go home. That next day I checked the upcoming schedule and saw I was only scheduled for one day. I asked why and he said that I was "unreliable". That was the only time I was ever late on a delivery and he calls me unreliable, but his "friends" can go out and be gone on a run for upwards of two hours and come back high as a kite and he just laughs. I will be so glad when I can finally leave this job.
A  28th of Jan, 2011 by
oh my god i can't believe this is all around i work in colorado npc bought us out 1 1/2 years ago and it has been horrible this company is moraly and ethicaly corupt i havent had a raise sense they took over, the numbers they want us managers to hit are impossible so then we have to munipulate and if we get caught we get fired if we dont munipulate and run bad numbers we get fired, now they are starting their new drivers at 4.50 an hour which is ridiculous they dont reimburse the drivers enough money for gas we have to cut our labor constantly which makes us give bad service because we never have enough people for the demand this company has been using and mistreating their employees so severely and they know we will put up with it because the economy is so bad but one day this company will fail being so greedy and only caring about its profits before their people will turn on them ( i hope) i am sorry that there is so many people suffering because of a greedy multimillion dollar corporation i hope i dont need this job for too long it is by far the worste company i have ever worked for
N  30th of Jan, 2011 by
I was a shift leader in Georgetown Ky. i agree with all of u. One Weekend I was asked to take over Ritchmond rd. store in Lex. Ky and when i got there i couldn't believe the condition of the store. lets just say 6 inches of green and black mold growing under the make table was just a start. it took me 2 weeks of staying late after hours to get the stoore back into shape. even the walls were a different color when i was fin. I could tell the customers were happy. the cluless district manager didn;t give a [censor] and niether did the employes. the only one that cared was the gm in georgetown. he said that he would try to make me gm of the ritchmond rd. stoore so i kept working hard there. sales went up and so did repeat buisness. one day i got the word that i was to train a new manager from o'charlies and my boss said it was going to be my ast. mng. so I did. two weeks later the comleatly ignorant district mng. made him gm of the store so i basicly trained my replacement!!! [censor] pizza hut we put in all the hard work that we do and end up not getting anything back. i deleated the pics of the mess or they would be on here but lets just say that the [censor] that was growing in that store looked like it was straight off the descovery channel. career?????? yeah rite
N  22nd of Jul, 2011 by
i was just terminated for a complaint that was made up by managers and they
also shaved hours that i worked by going in the computer and changing times i clocked out or not letting me clock out and im a driver this means someone else claimed my tips? im at a complete loss for words on these things and it really makes me furious. Any suggestions?
N  18th of Mar, 2012 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
i have been working with pizza hut for a little over five years, two of which have been as a shift lead, and recently a customer complained about me through pcr and now npc is looking at firing me-- for a customer complaint! i have read the customers complaint and it sounds nothing like me. i am sick of this company. i have been worrying about my job this entire weekend because the area coach did not want to make a decision right away... and in my mind that means i am fired! i work my ### off at this location and i pick up the slack of all the other managers. it isn't fair! npc is a horrible company to work for! they are rude an inconsiderate! but more importantly, they are sexist pigs. it is a male dominated working environment. we had an assistant manager who left the store to go have sex in the parking lot, while on the shift, abandoning the store, and he kept his job. he left a $2, 000 deposit in the dispatch drawer, and kept his job. and now, because of a customer, one customer, out of the five great years i have worked there, complains about me, and they are thinking of firing me? wtf? however, it isn't set in stone, yet... nevertheless i have been waiting the entire weekend to hear back from the area coach if i have a job or not come this up coming shift. has anyone else experienced something like this?
A  6th of Aug, 2012 by
I work at one of the Pizza Huts in Central, Illinois. I can't believe how many of these stories I relate too. I'm a driver. And anyone who has worked at Pizza Hut knows, the closing driver has to finish prepping dough for the next day and our store does not have a dishwasher like some, so it's the closing driver who has to finish up any dishes left over, which a lot of times is ridiculously too much because no one will help out. Well, Last week I closed and my new GM had his inventory to do. I did not get back to the store until about 20 minutes AFTER we closed because costumers seem to can't grasp not ordering 10 minutes before close. I hadn't finished the dough and had dishes from that morning AND evening buffet to wash. Now, I hadn't had a single break the whole time I worked. I went in at 4pm. Between finishing the dough, finishing the dishes, washing the sink, sweeping the floor and mopping it, I didn't get out of work until 2am. Now normally I wouldn't care, hey more hours more pay. But I'm talking about 10 straight hours without a break and it been almost 12 hours since I last ate anything. I was exhausted and feeling very sick. I was still feeling this way the next day. Now, I tried to call in sick for the very first time since working there for 9 months. Never called off sick. called off twice because of car issues, but never sick in 9 months. I was told I had to come in or I would be written up.
When I got to work my manager was telling everyone I was in a bad mood because I didn't leave until 2am and he wouldn't let me call off. I informed the everyone what he didn't. That I worked 10 hours straight without a break or food. I was told that if I didn't change my "attitude" I would be sent home for 5 days. When I confronted him he said "he doesn't have to give me a break because it's NPC's policy." He even told me to call our DM, after plopping the policy book down in front of me. After this, he did the new schedule and cut my hours down and i'm working hour and a half shifts (8-9:30pm) and 8 to close (10pm), saying I can't handle working without a break. So he fixed it to where I don't need one, and now I'm not making any money either, a**hole!
So according to him, NPC "policy" trumps the LAW. Yes I have talked to a lawyer and even he says, and I quote: "Under the laws of all states in this country, an employee is required to be given a ten (10) minute break after two hours of work and at least a thirty (30) minute break after four (4) hours of work." But again, according to my manager and NPC, he doesn't have to give us a break.
Now am I in the wrong here? Keep in mind, this is a regular occurrence. I had gone 2 months without receiving a break and then boom, out of the blue I had gotten one. Then the next time, nothing. One server went a month. I say this is unacceptable. And they know we can't do anything because we need our job. What do you think?
N  22nd of Aug, 2012 by
WOW!!! HOW TRUE. I worked for this company as an rgm for almost 2 years, I was asked to do things that a AGM should of done and I did it, no complaints. My goal was to move up until I seen how this company runs. Most of time the AGM's are sitting on their butts at their homes. All you ever hear is run numbers, watch OTD, my delivery area was so big that there was no way to run OTD. My AGM says be creative well guess what I was and I got wrote up. Then I got fired. FIRED FOR DOING MY JOB. This company will get theirs one day and I can't wait. I worked for PH for almost 23 years, started as a OP's manager. I have always gone far and beyond expectations, worst mistake I ever made was going to work for NPC(NATIONAL ### COMPANY), . MONEY MONEY IS ALL THEY CARE ABOUT. No quality of life. 100 hours a week for almost 2 years and what do I get in return..fired. I couldn't give my employee's enough hours so turn over was unreal. If we question a customer about their so-called bad service we were coached, but if we gave them a credit then we were coached on that. 11 pt sch.. what a laugh. Like our AM said it doesn't matter how many hours you work, you have to work that 11 pt sch. O/C 6 DAYS STRAIGHT but couldn't take 2 days off in a row. NPC I HOPE YOU GET YOUR'S AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THAT DAY.
N  14th of Dec, 2012 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I have worked for pizza hut for three years and as of today I'm very unhappy with the treatment received by the managers there. Last week I got my nails done for Christmas and was told I had to wear gloves so I did and that was fine... Then they had me sign a paper saying we were not aloud to were nails or have any dies in our hair of any kind, which I don't understand about the hair when we have to wear hats and it cant be seen anyway. Then two days later I receive a text saying I'm not able to work until I have got the nails off, But then to find out there are other employees still working there and have yet to take there nails off??????? WHY AM I SINGLED OUT OF THE REST?????
A  10th of Feb, 2013 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I am a new NPC Pizza Hut employee in the Kansas City area. I have been there for three weeks and already have been shocked at the way this franchisee operates this brand. Always cutting hours, horrible customer service during busy times. I eve n had a friend that was a driver and was robbed at gunpoint, his car property was stolen along with his bank money and tips. Company could care less and didn't re-reimburse for expenses to get his car out of compound, damage done to it or even his tip money. The said thing is that NPV is based in my home town of Overland Park, Ks
N  17th of Feb, 2013 by
Tiredd of being screwed around by npc pizza hut for working off the clock including meetings and training time..are there SERVERS tired of doing "other jobs" that doesnt include your duties as a server. This applies to the following job titles: shift leader, cook, CSR, server, and delivery drivers. If so please feel free to check us out. www.npcofftheclock.com
N  11th of Mar, 2013 by
Please check out www.npcofftheclock.com take the brief survey to see if you are able to join our litigation suit against npc pizza hut
A  11th of Mar, 2013 by
Please check out www.npcofftheclock.com to see if you are able to join our litigation suit against npc pizza hut. This company needs to be stopped !
A  21st of Mar, 2013 by
please contact me about pizza hut i want to fry them i hate the company i am based in kansas cit missouri npc sucks and i need your help because that is the only to make them treat you fair so call me 816-419-7994
N  6th of Apr, 2013 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
If you are involved with the NPC "Off the Clock" lawsuit, or if you are considering joining, you should know NPC has made an offer of judgment (settlement) but we have rejected this offer. If you have been employeed with NPC pizza hut in the last 3 years OR are still employeed with them, THE TIME TO JOIN IS NOW!!! If you are owed time that you worked and were not paid for, including unpaid meetings and unpaid training time, please check out our web site... www.npcofftheclock.com  NO MORE FREE LABOR
N  25th of Apr, 2013 by
I am an attorney and my law firm has a pending lawsuit against NPC International. A Pizza Hut manager "lost it" and attacked out client, a customer. We determined that the manager was under enomous stress because he was trying to do several jobs at once with minimal staff. We believe that he snapped under the pressure of his job and we contend that NPC is accountable for our client's serious injury. From your posts I believe that you could provide us with valuable information and help our injured client. We would certainly communicate with you privately if you are willing to come forward. We will not identify you to anyone without your permission. My name is Attorney James Howard. Please give me a call at 770-270-5080, or send me an email (put NPC complaintant in the subject line please) at jhoward@howardfirm.com
N  26th of Apr, 2013 by
I applied to work for them and I was told I had the job as shift manager, filled out all the paperwork, did 4 interviews, and yet NEVER received a phone call on when to start to where to start. I was lied to by the HR department in saying the job was shift manager and the area manager said it was for team member. They only returned phone calls when I e-mailed them and asked them to...several days later. i was told I'd be contacted, yet nothing. I hope someone investigates these f*** sticks.

Pizza Hut Logo Pizza Hut