Optimum Online / the worst customer service in the universe

1 NY, United States Review updated:

I have tried and tried to disconnect the phone service of my package and for months. Three different times after being on hold for 20+ minutes at a time and 3-4 attempts each time, I got an individual who would try to convince me to keep the service and then finally said they would disconnect it. Then the next month my bill would still include phone service. It is October and I have been trying since May. I stopped paying the bill for 2 months and then finally talked to a very pleasant sounding woman named Tima at ext #2257 in August who said she wanted to help me but my account needs to be current. She said if I paid that day she could credit my account back to May for the phone portion. So I did and she didn't. Two weeks ago I stormed into a local office who claimed they couldn't help me but then after I walked out they wiped out all the notes from my account. So now when I call CS, there is no history of me ever trying to disconnect or ever talking to Tima, etc. I could scream and feel like I need a lawyer to deal with these people.

Comments

7th of Nov, 2008
    Optimum Online - Online/phone services
    5 delea court
    Huntington
    New York
    Phone: 261-1452

we have the triple package deal, tv internet and phone.
    everytime we get a call to the house the internet disconnects, why? and how can we fix this problem, its been happening for a while now. thanks. an email response would be highly recommended

• Ed
      7th of Nov, 2008

Call them and they will send someone to check or replace your modem.

• Th
      22nd of Nov, 2008

I do not have phone service but i have tv and internet????why

• Au
      27th of Oct, 2010

DO NOT GET Optimum Online!!!
    Just got off the phone with Optimum and they have the rudest customer service I’ve come across in a very long time. First, their internet doesn’t work on my wireless modem (Boost doesn’t get close to the promised speed!). Now 3 weeks to do a number change which they told me would take a week at best. Non of their services has lived up to expectation and my patience is running out!

• Ya
      22nd of May, 2014

5/21/2014
    I had Optimun services for a few years now and yesterday i called to down grade. I spoke to someone name shade and she was teh worse. no costumer services skills, seems to hate her job and very unfriendly. I ended my services with optimum becuase they do noy value their customer and they prices are ridiculous. I kept the internet services and come home today to find out that the internet was not working becuase this customer services person cut it off as well. overall i not recomemded Optimum to no one.