OneTravel / airline booking

My friend and I booked a flight through OneTravel. We had searched on Google Flights for the best flight for a leg of our trip. When we clicked on the flight we wanted the option to book immediately came up. This was OneTravel, which we thought was affiliated with the airline. We called OneTravel for help while we booked our flight online. The person we spoke with told us we could go online to access our booking if we needed to add extra baggage. We tried to do this online and found no record of our booking. We both called OneTravel. My friend was told that a checked bag would cost $177 each way. More than our trip cost.

I called OneTravel and was put on hold, then told I would have to call the airline. I called the airline and finally was told that OneTravel held our booking which is why we could not add baggage ourselves online. The airline said that they had added a bag to my reservation and I would have to pay at the ticket counter when boarding. I want to pay in advance to ensure we are able to take our luggage this first leg of our trip, otherwise we face losing our luggage or missing the first half of our trip.

On Dec 17 I spent countless hours on the phone with OneTravel, finally being told around 3:00 am that someone would call me back by 9:00 am to resolve our issue. No one called back.

On Dec, 27, I called back at 3:00 pm. They could not tell me why I did not receive a call back and nothing had been resolved. They again told me to go online and pay for my baggage on the airline website. I explained that the airline told me we could not do this as the booking was still under OneTravel's email, not ours. They put me on hold for a long time, then hung up. I called back, had to explain all over again, was put on hold and hung up on again. I called back, explained the whole scenario again, was put on hold forever, transferred to another person, put on hold and then the person told me they would call me right back. This was around 5:30 pm.

By 7:00 pm I had not received a call. I called back, explained everything again and was told the person was going to call me back in a half hour, that they were working on it. No call back.

I called back at 8:00 pm, only to have to go through everything again. Same thing. Told to go on airline website to book baggage. Went through all that again. That they TravelOne had to release our booking for us to pay for our baggage. Argued with me about our booking, what the agent told us while we were booking. We WERE told we could go online and add baggage if we needed to take extra baggage.

I lost it, weeks of back and forth with TravelOne, two full days on the phone with them. Yesterday, a full six hours wasted with the end result of TravelOne telling me to send a copy of my passport. A copy of my passport. Never have I been asked for a copy of my passport, only by the passport office. Ridiculous.

OneTravel will not release our booking to the airline so we can pay for our checked baggage and be assured that we are allowed the full sized luggage allowance for our travels. The company lied, is disgusting at customer service, does not call back, puts you on hold forever, is rude and doesn't give a damn, just punts you off to the airline or to another of their customer reps to put you on hold, hang up on you and punt you off again.

Unless you have superhuman patience, STAY AWAY FROM ONETRAVEL!

On
Dec 28, 2017

Comments

• Ge
      2nd of Jan, 2018

My name is Georgia Gallarde and I am with OneTravel. I would be happy to look into your concerns but I will need to have some additional information such as your name and booking number. If you would like me to research this for you please email me the information at ggallarde@onetravel.com.