Stansted Airport Logo

Stansted Airport

Having problems with Stansted Airport?

Stansted Airport reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 30, 2011. The latest review customer service was posted on Aug 9, 2017. The latest complaint clerk was resolved on May 28, 2011. Stansted Airport has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 6 reviews. Stansted Airport has resolved 2 complaints.

Stansted Airport Customer Service Contacts

+44 808 169 7031 (Customer Service, General Enquiries, Feedback)
+44 844 335 1803 (Switchboard And Live Flight Info)
+44 330 223 0893 (Lost Or Found)
Enterprise House, Bassingbourn Road, Stansted Airport
Stansted, England, Essex
United Kingdom - CM241RW

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Stansted Airport Customer Service. Initial Stansted Airport complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Stansted Airport above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Stansted Airport. Discuss the issues you have had with Stansted Airport and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Stansted Airport Complaints & Reviews

Stansted Airportcustomer service

Disgusting customer service! I had problems regarding the liquids wich you can carrie in your cabin luggage. On the security check member of staff who was pushing the trays to the scanner refused to take my cabin bags as " I was not allowed to have more than 100ml of liquids with me" . I am copying the policy they post to their website for your information: https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful-info/help-centre/faq-overview/Baggage/What-liquids-can-I-carry-onboard
I had in total 500ml of liquids all sealed in a seetrough bags ( she aksed me to split them in 2 transparent bags) and she made me bin an expencive body lotion and a fragrance without giving me a chance to post my goods to home or use storage on the airport. She kept me there for 20 min and when I asked to speak to manager she refused to contact me to one and I needed lituraly shout for somebody. On the top of everything she was rude by yelling at me and saying " who you are to teach me my job? You need to do as I am saying." Even told the people around me that I might br having explosive liquids with me. I felt so embarrassed and angry. She didn't have name badge on her so can't tell names. Finally when menager came he said that she shouldn't be holding me and I am doing nothing wrong. That cost me running for the flight and lost of £100.00 in the bin. I am still very angry and won't let go! This behaviour is unacceptable!

Stansted Airport — meet & greet car parking & security clearance

Ref: 5th August 2016 Flight Ryanair FR8853 Meet & Greet Reference SLMG2283193 I am writing to complain about...

Stansted Airportset down area chaos

Sunday morning 3/1/16, 5.15am There was complete chaos in trying to exit the set down area this morning. This has happened previously to me but not to this degree, it was a complete shambles and took me 45 minutes to exit. I was fortunate!! on returning to the M11, the que on the otherside of the road trying to enter the setdown area had tailbacked two roundabouts. I had dropped my daughter off at 5.15 and then had the £2.50 ready for the barriers. it took me so long to get to a barrier the charge came up at £32.50. I and every other user was fuming. It does not cost at Gatwick or Heathrow for set down/pick up. This is a complete rip off and a money making nonsense. Once I got to the barrier, I pressed the help buzzer and advised that I had placed the £2.50 in the basket and the woman lifted the barrier. there was just one man there trying to assist. Other busy periods will be the same!! sort it out. A Gundersen, tel [protected]

Stansted Airportpassport control

My Daughter Miss Gemini Sim was on the flight from Athens to London on Sunday 19th July, I have enclosed a photocopy of the Boarding pass for you information as to the references so that you can pinpoint the shift of the passport control staff on duty at that time.
      I also enclose a photocopy of her passport so you can see her age and verify with the members of staff involved that they had the below mentioned dealings with her.
      Gemini has finished her exams for the year and as she has had many anxiety problems and panic attacks I the last year, she took a 10 day trip with Annabel Burgess to Greece to take a well earned rest. The first trip they had made without parents. The trip was amazing. On her return to Stanstead she was informed by a member of your staff that she did not look like her Photograph in her passport. Gemini is now 21, as you will see from the Photocopy of the Passport, it was taken when she was 17, she has had a good many different hair styles and colours since then.
      At first Gemini thought the staff were having a joke with her as she is very pale skinned and beautifully well spoken, so not an immigrant in any way. Unfortunately the member of staff began goading her as to how he hoped he had spoilt her trip! Gemini offered him her student card and bank details which he seemed to not be interested in. He seemed to only be interested in embarrassing her and making her stressed. Her bag had previously been searched and obviously found to have nothing of interest in it.
      Gemini was made to sit in an area in full view of all other passengers, where she was made to feel like a criminal. She was there for a long time in which she got very upset as she was tired from travelling and wished to continue her journey home. No checks were carried out as none of her ID was taken for checking, it seemed that the staff were bullying her for reasons I cannot understand.
      Eventually she was released with no apology or reason given as to why there had been the considerable delay. She still looked the same and her passport picture hadn’t changed so we are unclear as to what happened in the time it took to shame and demoralise her.
      Gemini is due to fly with her Boyfriend and his Mother to Portugal unfortunately from Stanstead in the near future, She is obviously very fearful of this given the treatment she received at the hands of your staff as she will be using her valid passport.
      Personally I am horrified at the treatment and apparently callous way she was treated by middle aged men who should know better or be re trained immediately. I request a full investigation into this matter and expect a reply within 14 days.

Stansted Airport — clerk

Good afternoon, my name is Filipa Carvalho and I live in Oporto, Portugal. My family (mother and sister) and...

Stansted Airportsecurity - liquid bags

In March 2011 I travelled through Stansted airport. I did not receive a plastic liquid bag nor did I see any signeage whatsoever that I needed to buy one prior to clearing the queue. I had my liquids in a see through plastic wrapper I had found at home. I was told after clearing security and after a very long wait (20 minutes) that I could either leave security, buy a bag from the shop and requeue or lose my liquids. At that point I would have lost my flight so I had to bin £30 worth of liquids. STANSTED NEED TO MAKE IT CLEAR THAT YOU HAVE TO BUY A SECURITY BAG PRIOR TO CLEARING SECURITY OR OFFER THE OPTION TO BUY ONE AT THE SCANNING MACHINE

• Si
            Silviya Vaptsarova Aug 09, 2017

I had in total 500ml of liquids all sealed in a seetrough bags and she made me bin an expencive body lotion and a fragrance without giving me a chance to post my goods to home or use storage on the airport. She kept me there for 20 min and when I asked to speak to manager she refused to contact me to one and I needed lituraly shout for somebody. On the top of everything she was rude by yelling at me and saying " who you are to teach me my job? You need to do as I am saying." Even told the people around me that I might br having explosive liquids with me. I felt so embarrassed and angry. She didn't have name badge on her so can't tell names. Finally when menager came he said that she shouldn't be holding me and I am doing nothing wrong. That cost me running for the flight and lost of £100.00 in the bin. I am still very angry and won't let go! This behaviour is unacceptable!

christian0808 Jun 19, 2016

My son and I were unnecessarily delayed at London Stansted yesterday causing us to miss our flight. We checked in online and just touched in our bar code. This was at 6:50. We were subjected to a thorough search. We had to take off our shoes and my son was spoken to separately from me. Why talk to a nine year old without a father's consent?
            I am not sure about this but the security check involved a stranger reading my printed work, my diary, magazines and my son's homework book. My son was so traumatised upset and anxious about the delay that he thinks white people just treat black people anyhow.
            When does a security person apply common sense and wisdom in the execution of one's duty? We were delayed because we were smartly dressed black people which means we were into something dodgy. The same principle the police apply to stop and search of black people. To be delayed for well over 40 minutes, checking a neatly packed suitcase and rucksack for a father and son weekend break is really, really sad. Why should they be made to get away with such appealing behaviour? In the end, they came up with no reason for the check. There was no communication and he just wanted to show us who was welding the power and who had control. Good for him but we lost our flight and for this he is cursed.

• Tr
            trees7 Oct 30, 2015

Abby, l am sorry to hear about the distress Standsted Airport have caused you. A few days ago my trip flight to spain was very nearly missed (by less than 5mins). As we queued at security and checked and had our liquids, laptops taken out and placed in the tray the suitcases were againing put through the scanner and ended up behind 4 other bags. As l stood waiting many of the other passengers behind me also suffered the same fate but eventually got seen too - whilst l stood there waiting for my cases - which had nothing that should not have been there. At this point l stated to the stupid lady at secuirty that the flight gate is to close in 5 mins, ...she just looked at me and ignored my plea for my suitcases. by the time my case came through the gate closed and in a frantic rush l had to ask for my gate number and ran like crazy - with less then 5mins to spare l was last to board. by this point l was under great stress and so angry l just couldnt contain my anger and swore never to have any dealing with standsted.

• Ab
            Abby Gable May 04, 2013

I am discusted with my treatment by Stansted security which resulted in my friend and i also someone else missing our flights as we were held up for over 30 minutes by them. My friends had grouped together to treat me to a short wkd break before my 7th lot of major surgery ive had in 4yrs! I had bagged all liquids in the appropriate clear bags also all my medication was bagged in clear bags along with a Doctors letter and repeat presciptions form. I suffer with Crohns diesease and have a Ileostomy, This is a very stress related illness. Security stopped me and decided to lift up all the clear bags and empty them out and start repacking and moving things from bag to bag which was totally unnecessary. They also scanned my luggage four times. They also lifted up my stoma bags and equipment and tipped all of it out in front of everybody to see, This mortified me and discusted me as this also was unnecessary. They then asked me what the liquid i had was and if it was presciption, It had a presciption lable clearly on the front and the liquid was sealed, I was in total dissbelieve when they made me open the bottle and drink from it! I have travelled through Gatwick Heathrow and this has never happened! When we evetually made it up stairs the boarding gate was closed. We waited for a Easy jet memeber of staff which took us back down stairs, I have to say the woman was a absolute gem Her name being Angella just sorry i did"nt gt her last name. She said to me i was far from being the only one who this has happened to!. We asked when the next flight out was and it was'st for the next 12 hours. I had to pay £120 for two more flights and at that point i broke down. We spent the night in the airport as both my friend and i could'nt afford a hotel. In all we spent 16 hrs at the airport, This made me very unwell as there was nowhere but the floor to sit on. We paid out extra for drinks and food. I said to my friend brace yourself for the next security check the following morning! We passed through security with not a single search or bag opened.. Nothing! After we were through the otherside i took my handbag from my hand luggage to discover i'd left a liquid in my bag! I am absolutley baffled by this and the double standards they have. Can anyone please advise me how i can get a refund for my flights?

jonnytwolegs Aug 30, 2011

You my friend are what I would call an Imbecile. If you pay attention when travelling through stansted you would notice the numerous sign stating that liquids must be a a clear, resealable bag no larger than eight by eight inches. you can provide your own, you do not have to purchase one if you arrive at the airport prepared. Its muppets like you that cause long queues. Stop blaming others and take responsibilty for yourself.