P.O. Box 138

Atatürk Hava Limanı Dış Hatlar Gidiş Katı No:63 - Yeşilköy-Bakırköy/Istanbul

Hong Kong
9F Chung Nam Building, 1 Lockhard Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong

India
Flat № 711, 7th Floor, Ansal Bhawan, 16, Kasturba Gandhi Marg. New Delhi - 110 00

Gulf Air New № 5, (Old № 2) Ground Floor "Ceebros Ragav" Vijayaraghava road T. Nagar Chennai - 600017

Modayil Centre Point, 7th Floor, Warriam Road Junction, M.g.road, Kochi-682016

Maker Chambers V, Ground Floor, Nariman Point, Mumbai 400 021, India

Gulf Air, Bhadranjaly, 9/756, Vellayambalam - Shasthamangalam road, above corporation bank, Shasthamangalam Po, Trivandrum 695010, Kerala India

Road No 1 Banjara Hills, Near Nagarjuna Circle. Hyderabad 500 034

Japan
8F, ATT New Tower, 2-11-7, Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-0052, Japan

Kuwait
Mezannine floor & 2nd floor, Khaleej Tower, Qibla Area, Abu Baker Al Sadeeq street next to Sheraton Hotel, Kuwait City. P.O. Box 28648 Safat 13147 Kuwait

Malaysia
Lot 4.01, Level 4, Wisma Bukit Bintang, 28, Jalan Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur

Pakistan
10-B, P.E.C.H.S block 6, Shahrah-e-Faisal, Karachi

Philippines
Unit 8, Ground Floor Solemare Parksuites, No. 5 Bradco Avenue, Aseana Business Park, Macapagal Boulevard, Paranaque City, Philippines

Singapore
400 Orchard Road №24-08 Orchard Towers Singapore 2388

Sudan
Atbara Street, Building No.03 SQ-D Al-Nile wings Tower, Ground Floor, Khartoum East, Sudan

UAE
Gulf Air Sheikh Saud Al-Qasimi Building, Salahuddin Road, Opposite Reef Mall

Complaints & Reviews

Confirmation number OLCFJL
On our return journey we had a connecting flight to London. The flight was delayed 2 hours 55 minutes! We had to pass security, we were unable once through to go anywhere once through. We were not issued with food vouchers or even offered water ! There was a lot of tension between passengers & staff & at one point the gulf air spokesman at the gate was rudely spoken to by a very angry crowd of passengers!
However this was caused by a lack of the Gulf air spokesmen informing us of the situation, him also being very rude & threatening towards all the passengers!
I'm sure you have had rather a lot of passengers complain to you about this particular flight & service.
I purchased 2 tickets for myself & girlfriend, London-Bahrain-Dubai
Dubai-Bahrain-London.
I had reported this delay, rudeness of gulf air staff, lack of information given to us of the situation, no food voucher or water given.
I reported this on my return in mid May 2017, I've not had any reply to my email !!
Very disappointed in this service ! If I do not hear back from this email I shall have no option but to go down other routes & claim compensation for such poor service!

my change of flight

Sallam hi my name is nadir Patel my email id [protected]@gmail.com my flight ref no nknlao I booked for 24 dec evening flight but your change of conction time Bahrain to Mumbai change so I need go now morning flight I lose out my day wages cause so inconvenience for all off us I try to complain before but no one come to me so I try again can you look in to it and can u compensate any way that's great wait to hear from you

2 missing and broken luggages

I want to raised a complain in the Airlines. We arrived last Sunday Nov. 3 at 6:30pm from Moscow - Bahrain -...

theft from luggage

I just reached Home from airport and found that my 2 costly watches are lost from my luggage. Watches models are Swiss and fossil. Ticket number [protected] (Bahrain to Delhi) 14:30 to 21:00, GF 134 flight number.
It's very disappointing that theft is happening in international airlines.
Please investigate the issue and acknowledgment from gulf air will be appreciated.
If I will not get any response from gulf air, I will take legal action.
Thanks,
Manish Kumar
+ 91 [protected]

officer rude behaviour with ladies... he just want money

Respected sir my mother and father was coming back to india from madina to india via Bahrain the officer at...

refund money

My complaint refrance number is [protected] in till now no body reply me. My cpmplant is below Title...

gold bracelet stealing

I have a hand carry bag which is in my hand till plan but at the door your airhostest says to book thi...

giving business to dodgy company mytrip uk.com desk and me £2,100 and me and my kids and my family is suffering

Hi there I just want to raise a complain against mytrip uk.com company number is 02081444417they took deposit...

damaged luggage

Dear Mr Syed, I would like to raise complaints about your staff and how they dealt with me and my...

Gulf Air

poor service and false connection

Abdul Basit Ansari, purchased a GF ticket for the sector Mumbai - Bahrain - Dammam. (ticket attached)

The flight was scheduled for 06th April from Mumbai. Departure was at 06:25 pm

The flight was to reach Bahrain 07:25 pm and it reached on time.

From Bahrain I had a connection to Dammam at 08:35 pm

However, inspite the Gulf Air flight form Mumbai reached Bahrain on time but since GF overbooked the flight from Bahrain to Dammam myself and other 21 passengers were strangled at Bahrain airport.

We were forced to board a bus from Bahrain to Dammam although we purchased a flight ticket.

The above scenario was acceptable but this harassment did not stop there.

Upon enquiry with the GF staff at Bahrain airport, a lady (very very rude) was not ready to answer our questions and was treating us like animals.

The only option is by Bus and the Bus is scheduled at 02:00 am the next day.

Her reply was like she was doing a favor on us by providing us the Bus service.

I did not expect this service by GF staff.

Upon repeated enquiry, we were told that if we keep enquiring, they will file a case against us and will arrest us in a lock up.

After an argument of 4 hours we were given a Bus.

Then this also not ended here, the driver took us to his office, there a new driver was given the charge of the Bus.

We reached the King Fahad Cause Way and cleared the Bahrain immigration.

Then we cleared the Saudi immigration but then the driver was not ready to drive the bus any further.

Upon enquiry, he told that he don't have Saudi Visa…. Strange…

He told us that he is waiting for a driver from Saudi and once the driver come he will take us to customs and then to the bus stand in Dammam or Rakah.

There we waited for another 1 and half hour, just for the driver……

Finally the driver came and we reached our bus stand at 4:45 am

Although we had arrangements for our pick up from Dammam Airport.

Now please explain the below grievances:

• Updated by ABA3332002 · Jul 23, 2019

Now the reply from GF is that due to a 7 min delay i missed the connection...
    i mean... cumon... what a reason

baggage

Lost baggage with Gulf Air since April 24, 2019.
My wife Safura Salih traveled on Wednesday 24 April 2019 from Calicut to Dammam via Bahrain, Saudi Arabia on Gulf Air Flight No. GF261.
Booking reference KVGOSN
Baggage tag: GF234057 (lost)
Passenger Name: Safura Salih

She was carrying 3 checked-in baggage. Two were allowed with the ticket and the third one was purchased paying extra baggage charges at Calicut Airport during check-in. (receipt attached).
The trip from Bahrain to Dammam was arranged by road and customs and immigration is to be done at King Fahd Causeway to Dammam.
She had collected all three bags and handed them over to the staff while waiting for the bus that was a few hours from the arrival time.
She realized missing baggage at King Fahd Causeway customs. The driver apologized for not loading and called to ensure it is in the Bahrain airport.
At the final destination in Dammam, The Bus deport for Gulf Air we lodged complained to the attendant there. They had arranged the baggage the next day that has come to Dammam Airport 60 km away. We went to collect it at Dammam airport. Surprisingly we received only two pieces out of three! We had a missing carton that we purchased paying an extra baggage fee.
The airport sent a message to Bahrain to send the missing piece.
There was no update from Dammam airport where they said they will contact us as soon as the missing piece arrives. We kept calling and the answer was not received yet.

complaint still not dealt with since april

Gulf Air ITEM:[protected] Case complaint Your reference number is CR/MF/[protected] Dear Customer Service...

lost luggage

My mother boarded from qassem to bahrain to karachi on 24 april at 5: 35 am by GF 752...after landing she was unable to find her one luggage out of the two...its been 3 days we are trying but unable to get any response...at the same time there were 2 more passangers who were unable to get their luggage...please tell us how much have you processed or any information because we are very worried about it..

from baggage, some personal things stolen.

Hi,

On 4th april, I traveled from karachi to dammam via bahrain (connecting flight),
I submitted my baggage at karachi airport while check-in, and I received that baggage from dammam airport, but when I reach at my room, and open the baggage, my some thing I can not found.
I think, but not sure, missed thing stolen by porter, while shifting baggage's from one flight to an other connecting flight.

Kindly help in this regard, to get it back.
My booking reference number is ziezuo

Thanks and regards,
Nadeem kumar
0096-[protected]
[protected]@yahoo.com

return tickets

I made a round trip booking (DUBAI-Bahrain-Sharks el Sheikh and return Sharm El Sheikh-Bahrain-DUBAI) and then Gulf Air canceled return flight Sharm El Sheikh-Bahrain. And company informed me about this cancellation before 2 days from my trip. I agreed to make my return way 3-4 hours longer and make one one more step in Cairo (Sharm El Sheikh - Cairo-Bahrain-DUBAI) and sent complaint. Complaint number is [protected]! It was made 7 days ago!!! And till now there is no any update! How this airlines can still offer them services if they really don't care about customer?!

ticket refund

I had to cancel my ticket because of unfortunate circumstances. I have been trying to get a refund. Particulars of my ticket are:
e-ticket. [protected]
Booking Number: HPHIZC

I was first told that a refund was issued on the 31st of January, and I could expect my refund in 10 - 15 days. When the time passed and I did not see a credit posted to my credit card account, I contacted Gulf Air again. This time I was advised that my refund was processed on the 13th February, and it would take 10 - 15 days for the refund to get posted to my credit card account. To date that has not happened.
When I contact Customer Care by email, I get the standard reply that my email has been sent to the appropriate department and that someone would contact me at their earliest. No such luck.
I would like to know if Gulf Air has the particulars of my credit card so they can post the refund. I would also like to know when I could expect that to happen.
Hanzel Pereira

twice deducted money; asking to refund the extra deduction

I booked ticket for my father Mr. Rajkumar Thangaraj on 7th Sep with the travel date on 15th October 2018 the...

not issuing boarding pass in transit

I was traveling from Riyadh to Hyderabad via Bahrain on 08-06-2018, at riyadh air port they issued a only one boarding pass for Riyadh to Bahrain on Flight # GF 168 and informed that i can collect the other boring pass at Bahrain for Flight # GF 274 to Hyderabad, the flight departure time was 20:20 and I was waiting at the boarding counter, the counter was opened at 20:15 and upon reaching they told me that the actual flight has cancelled & they ranged another flight and my name was not checked in that so they gave me an another flight boarding pass for next day, and there is no proper intimation before until we asked the staff, and I am worried about my baggage which was checked in at riyadh airport and supposed to be collected at Hyderabad airport.

the receiving and attendance general service / poor customer care & overcharging even if mistake is not from customer

I would like to inform you as one of the customers that I am not happy with the service rendered, on 22nd I...

Gulf Air

no refund for a cancelled flight ticket number: [protected]

On 12th September 2015 I booked a flight from Abu Dhabi to Dammam on Gulf Air, via Opodo. I cancelled within an hour (which required a telephone call to Opodo) as I found a more direct alternative.

Since then I have not received the refund. Opodo (many calls all at premium rate since they dont handle customer complaints be email) says the payment went directly to Gulf Air so they are responsible for the refund. This is borne out by my credit card statement.

Gulf Air says that refunds can only be issued by the travel agent I booked through. Neither company talks to the other leaving me stuck in the middle. They have been passing the buck back and forth for more than 9 months. Neither side disputes that I am owed a refund, they just deny responsibility for paying it.

In the mean time I am out of pocket by GBP437.20.

• Opodo Jun 22, 2016

Dear RichardMK,

Thanks for posting your review and bringing this issue to our attention.

We would like to inform you that we have checked your case and we have found that on September 10th, you made the same booking twice and you contacted us to cancel one of them. This booking was correctly cancelled and not charged by the airline. However, the amount you are claiming corresponds to the ticket not cancelled and not used. In this case, the refund will be done as per fare rules.

One of our agents will contact you with further information.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

Kind regards,

Lucy

• Ri
    RichardMK Jun 23, 2016

Dear Luciana
    I did not book twice, only once - it would not have made sense to book the same flight twice. The route was very busy, your site was also quite slow, and I was booking from Abu Dhabi, so could have been an IT problem. In fact even before I called to cancel I got an email from Opodo saying that it was unable to confirm the booking. Thus even if by some glitch there had been two bookings, one was cancelled by phone and the other did not go through on your part. If that subsequently changed you never informed me. In any case, I made nearly 20 calls to your customer service line over the last 9 months. NONE of them mentioned anything about double booking, which casts some doubt over your claim.
    I still insist that I am due a refund - neither Opodo nor Gulf Air have ever disputed that over numerous emails and phone calls. The issue is that each side passes the buck to the other, leaving me in the middle with nothing.

Dear sir,

As i'm Liabled to inform you, that i have traveled in Bahrain airlines in the date of 01/04/2016.. while travelling i have came with my 40' inches LG LED LF570T Television . ..after arrival, I have noticed that my television has been broken.. therefore i raised an complaint in the airport and regarding air service.. But i hadn't got any response for that ...so i request you to take any actions immediately .. or else i have to take further actions .. and i'm gonna sue your company for that.

damaged goods in cargo.

ground staff rude and insulting at delhi airport flight gf 135 ref pjrxdg 27feb at 2130

I flew London to Delhi with one stop in Bahrain. At Heathrow had no problem as a checked on weight with the...

due to delay in 1st flight my connecting flight is missed and then I am ill treated with no real compensation for their mistake

I had a Gulf Air flight at 6.20pm on 9th Jan from Mumbai to Bahrain but it got delayed more than 1 hour i.e...

inefficient systems

I am a Nationalised Bank manager, repatriated from Bahrain on 10th November, 2015. I booked unaccompanied...

harassment while boarding the flight on 13th apr 2015 from kuwait airport

To, The Manager, Gulf Airways, From, Usmanullah, Address: Permanent Address, Village: Mahmoodabad...

poor customer services at desk

One of the worst ground level customer desk services. I was travelling from London Heathrow T4 to Bahrain on...

staff

Dear to whom it may concern, I have been traveling with Gulf Air for almost more than 50 years, and all I...

worst airline if you lose your luggage

My Family travelled to Lahore Pakistan from Canada. We took British airways to London and Gulf Air from...

denied confirmed booking / lost baggage

RE DENIED CONFIRMED FLIGHT / LOST LUGGAGE

II have the following complaint to lodge against the illegal and irresponsible behavior of Gulf air line
On 17 th of October 2013 my wife and I went to Bahrain airport at 10.30 pm to check in for our confirmed flight to Lahore Pakistan due at 12.55 AM .
My booking # ONWJDF and my wife booking # MCTQRG
We were told there that the confirmed seat was checked in by other passengers and that we have only one person seat available .I told them that my seats were confirmed and that I have only one week vacation .They told me that one of us can fly that day and the other in 3 days when the next flight is available .On my insistence due to the limited vacation time I had finally they got me a ticket to go to
Abu-dhabi on Gulf air and than Etihad Air to Lahore .There was 6 hour stay time at the Abu-dhabi airport .The staff of Gulf air at the Bahrain airport including there supervisor told me that they have arranged the lounge at the Abu-dhabi airport for me and I can stay and rest there for 6 hours and take the flight form there .
I flew to Abu-dhabi after 2 hours stay at Bahrain airport .when went to the transfer desk at Abu-dhabi airport I was surprise and shocked to find out that there was no reservation in the lounge .The lady there checked with the Gulf air people and both VIP lounges and there was no booking or message under my name .
I stayed 6 hours at the airport very tired and sleepy .Just to let you know that we came thru Etihad Air from Frankfurt the same day which is 17th .After 6 hour flight to Abu-dhabi and 2 hour stay at the
Abu-dhabi airport and than to Bahrain to catch our flight to Lahore Pakistan . Now you can imagine how much torture I went through almost awake for 2 days
I finally arrived at Lahore Pakistan 18th October 2013 2.30 pm .There my wife was desperately waiting for me to tell me that the luggage booked at the Bahrain airport was lost and she has not received any luggage .She was told that it probably will arrive 3 days later and we do have to come and pick up the luggage .
Our luggage had our regular daily medications and our daily wearing clothes .
We had to buy the medicine and clothes in Lahore Pakistan to survive next 3 days
According to my knowledge and I have traveled a lot internationally that the lost luggage is always delivered by the airline company .In July 2011 we flew to Egypt an there was a small flight form Cairo to Sherman shaikh where we lost the baggage the airline dropped the luggage to our hotel room very next day
I am very disappointed by the attitude and behavior of the Gulf air line .We have been a regular customer for the airline and we do travel a lot on the carrier but this time we are very disappointed and disgusted by these events
I would like to have a thorough investigation of the matter and to be compensated for my time loss, financial loss, pain and suffering due to the immature and unprofessional behavior of the airline I will wait for your response otherwise I will have no choice than to send a detail complaint to IATA and hire a legal counsel to take Gulf air to the court
I have been strong advocate of your airline and have always recommended Gulf air to my hospital colleagues but after this kind of attitude I will be actively discouraging every one at my hospital to use your airline

treated like criminal

Hello at Gulf air

With this mail I would like to inform you on an unpleasant and unacceptable event incident that happened to me traveling with gulf air from larnaca to Bahrain.

Saturday January 12 I have booked to travel to Bahrain with gulf air flight xxxx, arriving at Bahrain at 17.30,
stay 23 hours at the hotel Phoenicia tower (booking confirmed and paid)
and travel to Dubai Sunday 13 January with flight ek xxx.
Before booking my flight with gulf air I have talked with a responsible lady employee of gulf air in Cyprus regarding the need for visa, ad I hold a passport form Cyprus. This was done on January 7.

After checking at the Internet site and the internal systems of air gulf, I was informed by gulf air office in cyprus that I can travel to Bahrain and get a visa for 24 hours upon arrival at the airport as I have a booking at a hotel and a flight to Dubai within 24 hours.

Based on this information I have booked my flight to Bahrain from larnaca traveling there from Athens Friday January 11.

I have travelled to larnaca paid the expenses to stay Friday on Nicosia and Saturday I was at the check in desk of gulf air to drop off my lag gauge and get the flight to Bahrain.

Again the check in lady together with the manager in charge checked the issue of visa, looked at their computer systems, phoned to other responsible people and confirmed that I will get a visa for 24 hours as I have the right documentation, eu passport, hotel voucher, ticket to Dubai next day, within the 24 hours.

The check in counter accepted my luggage and gave me my boarding pass.

Arriving at Bahrain airport I was in front of an unpleasant surprise!

Police control denied to let me pass, got my passport and with their behavior humiliated me as of I were a criminal! I was waiting for more than 30 minutes treated as a low class person, unacceptable for my age, education and experience!

After begging to the policemen to guide me and tell me what I should do, an officer told me that they need another hotel voucher to be issued by gulf air at the transfer desk.

I got my passport and traveling documents, waited more than 20 minutes at the transfer desk.

Arriving in front of gulf air desk I have explained what the police officer asked me, a new hotel voucher from gulf air so I can pay and get a visa for 24 hours.

To my surprise, the responsible lady from gulf air, when she saw my passport started shouting to me and saying that she will never give me a hotel voucher and will not allow entrance to Bahrain.

When I dared saying that I was allowed by gulf air officers and managers who have checked in the computer my issue and let me get the plane from larnaca to Bahrain, this same lady in an impolite and insulting way denied to give me the hotel voucher shouting that 'here is Bahrain, I do not allow you entrance to Bahrain even if mrs gulf air manager at the airport of larnaca comes to bahrain to beg for your entry to Bahrain'

Totally unacceptable, personal humiliation!

As I had no choice, I had to cancel my business meetings in Bahrain and asked at the counter of gulf air a ticket for Dubai the earliest possible.

Another humiliation, I was asked to pay cash 46 bad as credit cards are not accepted. I gave 100 euro, the lady manager n charge refused to accept euros and asked me to go at the arrivals floor find an exchange office and come back with local currency.

Humiliated, I run to the arrivals to change money. No employee was there, I was waiting for more than 15 minutes !

I decided to return to the transfer desk, after begging gulf air lady manager she accepted the payment on euro and issued my ticket.

Asking if this new booking and new ticket to Dubai will not affect my other bookings with emirates for my return to Athens Friday 18, I was ironically assured that there would not be any problem.

I travelled with gulf air and arrived to Dubai where I stayed until Friday 18th.

Thursday 18th another bad surprise!y booking to Athens with emirates had been cancelled!

I was obliged to rebook and pay a higher price ticket to return to Athens.

On summary because of the behavior of One lady manager of gulf air at the transfer desk at the airport:

I was humiliated and treated as a criminal
I did not get the 24 hour visa although I was entitled
I had to cancel business meetings and sales opportunities resulting to significant losses
I had to pay and stay on Nicosia on Friday 11 waiting for my flight to Bahrain on Saturday 13
I lost the money for the ticket bahrain Dubai with emirates
I lost the money for my booking at thd hotel in Bahrain
I had to pay for a new ticket from Dubai to Athens

Before I take legal action against gulf air and your manager at the transfer desk at the airport of Bahrain, i am demanding and asking from the management of gulf air:

A letter of apologies and excuses
Compensation for my time lost, my money lost and my lost business opportunities

This compensation should be a fair amount for damages and losses resulted from gulf air behavior and treatment to me!

Looking forward to your compliance to my demand

Sincerely yours
Dr Phaedon Hadjisavvas

crew misappropriate behaviour

I would like to complain on Gulfair Crew Faith Wanjiku( which is her facebook name). Miss Faith Wanjiku has been conducting illegal alcohol gatherings and parties during the month of Ramadan in Bahrain. Bahrain is a islamic country and we welcome expats who work and visit us. But we as Bahrainis would like the expats to respect our culture and religion. Crew such as Faith's ignorant mis behaviour posting bikini pictures with alcohol parties on facebook and putting captions such as i love ramadan with these misappropriate picture only shows her disrespect and lack of gratitudeness for the people of Bahrain who are observing fast and purification. I hope the management of Gulfair take serious actions on such crews and employ future crew with Bahrainis interest at heart. Expats who do not respect a country's value should be sent back to where they belong and not be rewarded with a good job.

NormanBates Aug 02, 2012

I would like to complain about Ramadan interfering with Faith's party pics.

NormanBates Aug 02, 2012

But I do like those Ramadan noodles, the ones that cost about 20 cents a bag and cook in about a minute.

NormanBates Aug 02, 2012

Hot tub full of oodles of noodles.

cheap tricks to make money

I am really disappointed with the service of Gulf Air. On my way back from Karachi, Pakistan to Bahrain I faced issue with baggage weight. I was travelling with my wife and had two big suitcases which were overweight by 2 KGS only and two small cabin baggage which were overweight by 3 KGS. I also had a small bagpack with which I have been travelling for last 7 years and no airline has ever considered it as a cabin baggage. Unfortunately Gulf Air's dumb staff sitting there at Karachi airport charged me even for that small bagpack of 4 KG. So after too much argument and waste of time I had to pay PKR 8, 070 (BD34.789) for total 10KGS on all the baggage. Gulf Air expect customers to weigh their baggage before leaving for airport? I have been travelling through Emirates and they give enough margin on baggage weight and dont bother to charge for 2 or 3 kg bagpack. Anyhow on top of that Gulf Air's dumb staff at Karachi Airport charged my credit card twice. I will make sure that I am not going to travel through gulf air anymore in my life.

macclassic44 Mar 28, 2012

Equally - they are implacable in varying ticketing for flights even if the person has been hospitalised - Buyer/traveller beware - pay extra and fly Jet instead.

harassment at dubai airport

Registering complaint on this site in a hope to seek resolution to my complaint lodged more than 3 years back, even after enough follow-ups, there has not even been a single revert from the airline authorities. Now I am left with no resort other than to knock the doors of the Sharjah Courts in Dubai to seek resolution.

Below are the complaint details :

Complaint is regarding the cancellation of Flight No GF1007 on 27/01/2007 from Dubai to Bahrain supposed to depart at the scheduled time of 2350 hrs. From Bahrain we were supposed to take a connecting flight to reach back to New Delhi, India. I was on my back from a holiday trip to Dubai. I was accompanied with my elderly father, mother and sister, vide ticket No's : GF2636734220, 21, 22, 23.

We reached the Dubai International Airport at the 2100 hrs, well in time, to board the flight GF1007 supposed to depart at 2350 hrs for Bahrain. Upon reaching the check-in counter of Gulf Airlines, we were informed by the Ground duty staff that the flight GF1007 got cancelled due to unexpected fault in the Aircraft. The officer of the the Gulf Air claimed that the necessary intimation regarding this cancellation of flight and hence delay thereof in the departure through next flight (which was supposed to depart the next morning around 1100 hrs) was sent to each & every passenger. I and all of my 3 family members were shocked to know about this delay.

The officer, who apparently was feeling guilty of having not informed us about the cancellation of the said flight, asked us to wait. I, my parents & sister, kept on wiaiting at the Airport for almost 3 hours waiting for some resolution, but all in vain. We went on asking the concerned official about the fate of our flight, but no body even bothered to keep us informed. Finally after a lot of delay, alomost for 3 hours, we were asked at 2350 hrs to board flight of Qatar Airways leaving Dubai at 0010hrs hrs for Doha. It created a lot of anxiety, tension & botheration for all my family members to reach at Terminal No 1 at such a short notice of 20 min. I, my sister and elderly parents (aged over 55 years) wife struggled with so much of luggage to reach to the designated terminal within a span on just 10 mins. Both of my parents were harassed like dogs. At this elderly age they were made to run from pillar to post to catch the flight. We had to do all this because we had no other option and also that we didnt want to miss on our appointments. My mother, who runs a teaching academy, didnt want to miss on her lectures. My father, who is registered medical practitioner never wanted to miss out on his appointments for so many patients. Me and my sister had our own set of lectures/assignments for MBA which we never wanted to miss.

The Flight finally reached Delhi at 0930 hrs, as against the scheduled arrival time of 0635 hrs. As a result of this delay we missed out our trains to Chandigarh (Shatabdi express) which was suppose to depart at 0720 hrs from New Delhi Railway Station. We were put to a lot of inconvenience and caused my parents a lot financial loss apart from physical & mental harassment.

After coming back to India, we wrote a mail to customer care office of the Gulf Air at their registered email id on their site [protected]@gulfairco.com. Our complaint was finally acknowledged by the company in the form a holding response after 2 months. This was in the form of a letter recieved through normal post from Ms. Kavita S. Al Jassin (Manager - Customer Care & Monitoring) vide Reference No: CR/2A/[protected] dated 21st March’ 2007. She mentioned that our matter was being investigated and that once the same is complete, we shall be responded back.

However till date, inspite of so many reminders via email, we havent heard anything, neither from Ms Kavita nor from any one else responsible enough to address our issue from the Gulf Air. This is the level of seriousness given to the customer complaints. If this is the kind of attitude, what level of service can be expected from the flight / ground duty staff in normal course, one can well imagine.

Now I cant think of any alternative other than to knock the doors of Sharia court in Dubai to grant us justice and take necessary action against the airline for this phycial & mential harrasment and financial loss which we had to incur due to poor management & customer service exhibited by the Gulf Air Company officials & staff members.

off-load because of overbooking

I had intention to fly with Gulf Air from Mashhad to Mumbai via Bahrain to participating in an International Symposium with my husband. We had bought Return tickets including Mashhad-Bahrain, Bahrain-Mumbai and return as a four-fold ticket.
It was "OK" ticket but in profound shocking we couldn't board because of any reasonable argument, though we had boarding pass with seat numbers. How did they off-load us when our luggage went to Mumbai and we couldn't receive it in returning to Mashhad. Gulf Air staff who was in charge didn't try to suggest us any alternative via other Airlines to travel to Mumbai in contrast to common law of Airlines, Nevertheless I had to be in Mumbai before next day noon. Therefore we requested to return to Mashhad. They made us wait in transit hall for 27 hours without any properties or place to rest.
I expect them to compensate and I claim to refund ticket, visa and exit prices that you scathed us.

wrong ticket wrong information

I purchased the Muscat to Delhi (via Bahrain) ticket of GulfAir flight from you travel agent The Travel City (Ph.# [protected]). It was clearly mentioned in the ticket that the flight GF 5655 will depart from Muscat to Bahrain on 28th December at 1940. Due to the GCC meeting traffic uncertainty, I reached airport at 1600 hrs. I asked at about 1800 hours for the Gulfair flight. I was told that the Gulfair counter will open at 1900 hours, at that time you can have the boarding card. When even at 1900 hours there was no GulfAir counter, I enquired further. Surprisingly, I came to know that passengers to Bahrains were to go by Oman air. I immediately rushed to the Oman air counter for the boarding card. They told me that the counter is closed and boarding is already going on. Even after my repeated requests, I was not allowed to board that flight. So, I missed my flight. I had no choice except to come out and talked with Gulfair staff. They advised me to take the subsequent flight to bahrin…….. When I reached Bahrain, the connecting flight from Bahrain to Delhi had already departed. The next flight to Delhi was at a gap of ten hours at 10.30……. After spending ten hours, the connecting flight to Delhi was further delayed by more than 4 hours. So I reached Delhi at …. instead of the scheduled …21.00 hrs….My old father who came to receive me at Delhi all the way from Chandigarh was also stranded at Delhi.
BEHAVIOUR OF GULFAIR STAFF WAS RUDE, NON COPERATIVE,
ADVICE PLEASE DONT TREAVEL BY GULFAIR

John_11 Jul 20, 2009

It was the guy's own fault! Check boards, flight information, and the ticket information for crying out loud! The flight was operated by Oman Air! If you can not handle the basic things about flying, stay home!

flight missed & delayed

In the ticket issued it was mentioned that gulfair flightSubject: Missed flight due to wrong information by Gulfair

Dear Sir,

This is to bring in your kind notice that I am working in Khoula hospital in Muscat as a specialist doctor. I purchased the Muscat to Delhi (via Bahrain) ticket of GulfAir flight from you travel agent The Travel City (Ph.# [protected]). It was clearly mentioned in the ticket that the flight GF 5655 will depart from Muscat to Bahrain on 28th December at 1940. Due to the GCC meeting traffic uncertainty, I reached airport at 1600 hrs. I asked at about 1800 hours for the Gulfair flight. I was told that the Gulfair counter will open at 1900 hours, at that time you can have the boarding card. When even at 1900 hours there was no GulfAir counter, I enquired further. Surprisingly, I came to know that passengers to Bahrains were to go by Oman air. I immediately rushed to the Oman air counter for the boarding card. They told me that the counter is closed and boarding is already going on. Even after my repeated requests, I was not allowed to board that flight. So, I missed my flight. I had no choice except to come out and talked with Gulfair staff. They advised me to take the subsequent flight…….. When I reached Bahrain, the connecting flight from Bahrain to Delhi had already departed. The next flight to Delhi was at a gap of ten hours at ……. After spending ten hours, the connecting flight to Delhi was further delayed by more than 4 hours. So I reached Delhi at …. instead of the scheduled …….My old father who came to receive me at Delhi all the way from Chandigarh was also stranded at Delhi.

Sir, I faced a lot of mental torture for no fault of mine. My family was disturbed, no food to eat, no clothes to change, from Delhi ahead my all bookings gone, All my 29th December appointments were cancelled.
will take

treat customers like a dirt

This is one of many complaints I have sent to Gulf Air and I have many many more - I love them to be posted...