Southwest Airlines Logo

Southwest Airlines

Having problems with Southwest Airlines?

Southwest Airlines reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 23, 2006. The latest review Southwest Vacations was posted on May 4, 2021. The latest complaint stolen personal item was resolved on Nov 09, 2014. Southwest Airlines has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 351 reviews. Southwest Airlines has resolved 41 complaints.

Southwest Airlines Customer Service Contacts

800 007 8684 (Belize)
800 012 1916 (Costa Rica)
1800 751 9039 (Dominican Republic)
1844 670 7914 (Grand Cayman)
1800 425 8130 (Jamaica)
1800 083 1179 (Mexico)
+1 800 435 9792 (United States)
+1 800 826 6667 (Spanish)
+1 855 202 3403 (Bahamas)
+1 800 243 8372 (Southwest Vacations)
+1 888 850 3958 (Existing Hotel Reservations)
+1 866 938 1297 (Existing Hotel Reservations (Spanish)
+1 888 792 8747 (Automated Flight Information)
+1 800 445 5764 (Rapid Rewards Customer Service)
+1 855 234 4654 (Customer Relations After Your Trip)
P.O. Box 36647-1CR
Dallas, Texas

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Southwest Airlines Customer Service. Initial Southwest Airlines complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Southwest Airlines above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Southwest Airlines. Discuss the issues you have had with Southwest Airlines and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Southwest Airlines Complaints & Reviews

Southwest AirlinesSouthwest Vacations

I booked a trip last year before Covid that had to be cancelled due to the seminar cancellation. They offered me a credit to my account plus a percentage more if I did not take a refund.

I tried to use a credit to book airfare for September yesterday and was told I could only use $139 of the funds for airfare. I then asked them to refund my original fees. No one told me I could only use it for a package deal and not just airfare. The flights I wanted to book totaled $943.94. I asked them if you can't apply the $777.18 in credit towards this amount then please just issue a refund so I can use the funds to pay for this trip. Also I paid for insurance on this package so I should be due a full refund.

May 01, 2021

Southwest Airlines — Misrepresentation of business class seating

I was misled to book "Business Class" seating rather then "coach" seating at a total cost of basic fare $2...

Apr 26, 2021

Southwest Airlines — Unethical behavior

Southwest Airlines they are a VERY selfish and greedy company! They DO NOT care about people at all!! I want...

Southwest AirlinesCrew member discrimination

Hi, i am writing you today because of one of your employees on a flight I took today 4/15/21 - your crew member almost had me arrested Bc of her false claim of me not following her instructions of my dog who I paid to be on the flight. Her claims from the marshals included I didn't follow her instructions to put the dog away. She instructed me before take off that my dog was to be put in his bag and under the seat throughout the flight. I followed this instruction. With 30 mins left in my flight.. my dog was breathing extremely heavy and needed water. So I took him out to give him water and at that moment the crew member then approached me again and barked orders that I need to keep my dog in his bag. I immediately followed this command. Once we landed and made it to the gate I removed my dog and put him on the leash to exit the aircraft. I was then immediately apprehended by marshals and told that I had not been following orders based on the crew members statements against me. Which they also said she called them while we were in the air. I explained my side of the story and they weren't taking it until the passenger who was in my row the entire time stopped and heard what was going on. He just so happened to be a crew member of southwest and was catching a ride home. He told the authorities what I was saying was true and that I followed every command. After speaking with this crew member the authorities decided to let me go. This entire incident was completely uncalled for and I feel like I was extremely discriminated against by this crew member. She repeatedly seeked me out and then made false accusations against me that luckily did not come out to be a federal offense. The emotional experience I had to endure due to this crew member and her discrimination towards me is unfathomable. Someone like this should not be allowed to make false accusations against anyone and I would hope she would be reprimanded so that this would not happen to another person such as myself.

Flight #452

Southwest AirlinesCancelling Flights

Was traveling from Columbus Ohio to Orlando FL on April 11th. While in the air to Atlanta, SW cancels our flight to Orlando and blames it on weather. Can't get us out until the following day. Funny how all the other airlines just delayed flights due to the weather but SW canceled. I say BS to SW. they cancelled the partially filled flights to fill up the others. Said it was weather related so they don't have to provide any compensation to their customers. Cost us over $400 for an additional hotel, the night we had to pay for in Orlando that we couldn't cancel, and the additional cost on the rental car. This airline is going to crap.

Southwest AirlinesFlight attendants and boarding

On flight 2893 march 13, 2021. The senior attendant in my opinion was short and somewhat rude. Had definitely out lived her coffee, tea, or me shelf life. Not a good representative for the company. The flight was full. When later groups boarded there were empty seats close to the front but people already seated explained that the seat was saved which was not true. People that had to go completely to the rear of the plane only to return to the front to be seated in one of the saved seats. This must be stopped.

Southwest AirlinesPolicy

I will not be flying Southwest Airlines anymore. They make me show an ID, and therefore must be racist, and don't make it easy to fly. I do not respect the way they want to subvert our great republic by not supporting the integrity of free elections by using voter ID in states like Texas. You are total hypocrites - and apparently racist, because you don't let people just fly without having to show ID's. How totally ignorant and having a double standard can you be?

Southwest AirlinesTaking political stand

Southwest Airlines has chosen to delve away from airline issues *only* and has decided to involve themselves in politics. As we did with the NFL, we will no longer be flying Southwest and will join the boycott of your airlines until you publicly let us all know that you have taken a second thought and decided to stick with your specialty of flying!

Southwest Airlinessouthwest travel credit

i recently booked 6 flights for myself and traveling party.The price went down and i was issued travel credits. The problem lies that they must be used not a year from my travel date but travel must be complete a year from booking date. We fly every year in may therefor rendering my money useless. We are flying late due to pandemic and in fact had to put off last years trip. I think due to the circumstances southwest could give me a 90 day extension on the travel credit. I am not asking for much just a chance at using my money next year to book a southwest flight. I would really hate to use another carrier as we have flown southwest for at least 15 years

Southwest AirlinesRecent Flight

On March 26th, my wife and I were on Flight # WN 371 which departed Baltimore Int'l. Airport for Buffalo . Int'l. Airport at approx. 11:25 AM; scheduled to land in Buffalo at 12:35 PM. The weather conditions at Buffalo were terrible with wind gusting at 45 MPH and Humidity 93% and raining, conditions that they should never have attempted to land at Buffalo Int'l. After a terribly rough approach we diverted back to Baltimore. The conditions evidently had been know before we took off from Baltimore. We had stayed overnight in Sarasota Thursday night to take our 7:15 AM departure for Buffalo, arriving at the airport at 5:15 AM. I'm 79 years old with some medical problems and was set for a relatively short day at the airports and flight times. Our needless take off from Baltimore ended up with rescheduling our return flight with a takeoff time of 7:30 PM, delaying our final arrival time in Buffalo until 9:00 PM. Our total trip day changed to be slightly over 16 hours total. I feel there was no regard for passenger health or safety involved in the decision to take off from Baltimore at 11:25 AM and attempting to land in Buffalo when the weather conditions were terrible.
                We have flown on Southwest for business and leisure for many years and this was undoubtedly the worst experience we have ever had. I believe we should be compensated for the undue danger due to the thoughtless decision made to try to land in Buffalo under the weather conditions that existed. Fredric and Constance Warnick, Confirmation number WOJOJN. Email: [protected]@roadrunner.com

Mar 22, 2021

Southwest Airlines — Flight attendant harassment

Flight 3987 from Dallas Love to Phoenix. 3/22/2021 Airport attendant has major attitude toward passenger...

Southwest AirlinesEarly boarding and delayed luggage

On 3/15/21 My wife and I were scheduled to fly from Orlando to Sacramento, connecting flight to Denver. We were informed of snow and staff shortage at Denver so we were asked if we would transfer to a connecting flight in Dallas, so we said ok. Well I paid extra for early boarding, which we didn't get on the Dallas or trip to Sacramento from there. So I'm out of the $50 paid for that.
                  Then our Luggage was left in Dallas which cause a 2 days loss of work for me and added expense of $300 in room fees plus food while we waited for our luggage to arrive. There was medication in my wife suitcase that she needed, so we also had to work that out. We live almost 200 miles from the airport, so it wasn't like we could just go home and come back later, and as I stated, there were meds my wife needed in the luggage.

Southwest AirlinesCleveland Shipping Employees

The guys who worked on 3/8/21 are arrogant pos. I've never seen such terrible customer service as I experienced that night. They talk to you like your garbage when they have to do any work. I wish my company would stop sending me there because I'm only gonna take so much. Without customers these clowns wouldn't have a job. That's what kind of service you get when dealing with union punks.

Southwest AirlinesUnnecessary and ridiculous flight rebooking and subsequent loss of reservation purchase.

On Thursday, February 25, 2021, I was on board Flight #3514 ready to depart at 8:45 a.m. for my flight to Oakland, CA from Indianapolis, IN. I was traveling to visit my son, daughter-in-law and my grandson. I was masked-covered, sitting in my aisle seat and reading an opened newspaper in front of my face when a black, male steward came up to me and told me to cover my nose with my mask. I was actually unaware that my mask had fallen as I could still feel it on my nose but apparently it was just touching my nose instead of covering it. It was, however, covering my mouth.
                      I do not remember saying anything to the individual other than a possible "OK" as I adjusted the mask up over my nose and continued to read my open newspaper. No other expression was indicated, etc. as I am aware of the rules and genuinely felt that the fact that my mask had slipped, albeit still over my mouth and touching my nose, was indicative of the fact that I was essentially in compliance, especially after I immediately did raise the mask up as requested. However, approximately a minute or so later a white female approached me and told me that I had to "rebook my flight". (This lady apparently came from the terminal as she was not an attendant and handled the flight change thereafter.) I naturally inquired as to the reasons why and was told essentially that this was the captain's orders based on the wearing of my mask. Further discussion led me to understand it was because my mask was not over my nose, although it was after I had been informed to raise it a bit just the one time. The mask was being properly worn at the time the lady approached me. Despite my incredulousness over this alleged incident, I did leave the aircraft without any overt or negative issues although I did complain that my mask was up, that I had only been asked the one time to raise it and that this was certainly no grounds for me to have to be rebooked. Obviously, there was no reversal and I had to rebook my flight which meant a six-hour wait till the next flight and my arrival in San Francisco instead of Oakland. (My son was definitely inconvenienced in conjunction with the fact that I wasted six hours in the airport and was six hours overdue with him and his family.)
                      In hindsight, I remembered the flight attendant staring at me from his position standing at the front of the seating prior to confronting me with his only request but since I was not aware of anything improper and was reading my opened newspaper, I didn't think any more about his facial appearance or his oversight. It wasn't until he came to my aisle seat that I was aware of what I had been allegedly doing improperly. I feel that this instance was WAY overblown, that this may have been a personal issue, now boarding on reverse discrimination by this black attendant for some unknown reason. Perhaps it was an age thing: I am 69, he may have been in his early thirties. I cannot think of any other reason why I was treated in this manner as my mask wearing was NOT egregious in itself and was corrected immediately upon request, without any comment other than a possible "OK".
                      By the way, I noticed several passengers on the subsequent flight from Phoenix, AZ to San Francisco, and the two flights on my return trip March 1 where other passengers were not wearing their masks correctly, some with the mask even below their upper lips. There were no warnings or resultant corrective actions taken with these folks, a non-action somewhat expected from a common sense point of view, at least as far as being rebooked. The individuals wearing their respective masks improperly continued off and on throughout the flights absent any intervention by Southwest Airlines personnel.
                      I realize that on an aircraft the captain's word is absolute so I do not believe he was aware of anything other than what was told to him by the attendant re: my mask. Thus, his response was to have me removed from his aircraft, not wanting any "trouble" but certainly not knowing the facts or the truth behind the alleged issue. As an aside, my profession has been within the legal industry since 1975 and I have been self-employed in such since 1992 so I am well aware of laws, truthfulness and other people's ulterior motives. Thus, my conclusion that this simple issue was race-related although I have no idea why other than perhaps some pre-existing issue with this attendant. I certainly didn't have any issues with him or anyone else, regardless of color, gender, etc.

Southwest AirlinesEarly Bird check in

To Whom it may or may not concern,

We pay an additional 50.00 round trip on every flight we book, I always buy my tickets well in advance, and pay for my tickets at the same time. My complaint is now I'm getting in the mid fifties for a number for A boarding pass. It almost appears to be just addition to my ticket price, because you are selling more of them and there is no cut off for the A boarding section. Also I notice at the terminal gates they are constantly trying to sell for a price how to board earlier. I understand that you need to make money, but this is one of those negative customer loyalty things for me. (It's not what it is, is what it appears)

I am a big supporter of both Kelly, and your management team. I am a loyal customer an have made many positive suggestions to the management team in the past, I know my sale is not viewed as important because our business is not on the important list, but as you say I have many choices on who I spend my money with for air transportation, and this early bird program is leaving a very bad feeling with me.

CC:

Respectfully,
                        Dan Squeglia
                        d.[protected]@comcast.net

Southwest Airlinesextension on LUV voucher, Southwest so understanding. HA!!!!

And the THIEVES did it again!! Southwest sent me a email saying NO to extend a LUV voucher I had that expired [protected]. All I asked for was a 6 month extension. AND THEY CAN"T DO THAT??? What a caring company. Covid is the reason I do don't or could fly or go anywhere, but instead of being understanding and extend this voucher, Southwest just said NO!! So they must want people to get sick. What is the big deal to anyone to extend this voucher for 6 months? But it is just easier for Southwest to say NO and steal $350.00. Southwest, you are NOT a class act!!!

Southwest AirlinesExtension on luv voucher

I had a luv voucher that was 6 months old. I had to cancel the first flight because of covid. Southwest gave me this luv voucher that expired 12-1-20 I called southwest to see if they would extend this for 6 months because of this covid still going on. They said no!!! So now I have a $343.00 worthless piece of paper. Than you for your understanding southwest!!!

Southwest AirlinesManager named Brandy B

I was prevented to connect to my flight to Las Vegas from Denver flight 318 confirmation no: SGMNIR, for presumably not wearing my mask, which she said the flight attendant asked me over 5 times which wasn't true. And she was very rude and angry and she didn't want to hear what my side of the truth was, she said quote: I believe my employee's over you; end quote, and continued to cancel my connecting flight without hearing anything I had to say. So I want to be compensated for the 75$ I had to buy on Spirit Airlines and a serious apology!

Manager named Brandy B

Oct 29, 2020

Southwest Airlines — Purchased tickets and cancel due to covid 19 now southwest denies email that was sent for later dates to fly

Probably further consider that anyone that are or has been military afflicted would be valued to thi...

Southwest Airlinesrefusal give refund

I had to cancel my trip in April 2020 due to COVID-19 -I sent an email to Southwest requesting a refund and they have refused to reimburse my money because it was a nonrefundable wanna get away ticket.

I understand their policy and in "normal circumstances" I would just wait and reschedule. But this is not "normal times" and my husband and I will not be able to travel anytime soon due to the global pandemic and his medical condition.

The amount of money may seem insignificant to Southwest but during this very difficult time we have had to change the way we live our lives and will not be able to travel at this time and would just appreciate getting our money back.