NetSpend / allowing unauthorized charges

1 601 Dunbar StreetWinter Park, FL, United States Review updated:

They are allowing unauthorized charges to my account and over chargeing my card for more than I actually purchased. I have receipts proving what I have spent at a certain place and they have pulled more than what I have spent.

Comments

• Co
      27th of Jul, 2009

Thats not an unauthorized charge. An unauthorized charge is where you don't have any relationship with the merchant. What you have is a disputed charge. Have you gone back to the merchant to see what the deal is? That's where you should always start.

• Ne
      28th of Jul, 2009

While your bank is not responsible for the merchant's billing practices, they can assist you by helping you open a dispute claim against the merchant. Check your Terms and Conditions to see how the bank requires that you notify them. Usually, they just need you to call Customer Service and identify the erroneous charges, then send in a written statement. The bank will go after your money by filing a claim against the merchant. All financial institutions handle this kind of thing the same way. Don't blame the bank! They can help you against the merchant!