Menu
NetSpend Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

NetSpend
reviews and complaints

www.netspend.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

4.5 1942 Reviews

How responsive is NetSpend's customer service?

537 Resolved
268 Unresolved
Good 👍
NetSpend is generally doing well in dealing with customer problems, which is nice to see! But there is still a lot of work to be done (for example, responding to all incoming complaints). We suggest reviewers take some time to understand how exactly the company operates. Reading other customers' experiences can also give insight into how NetSpend handles challenging situations.
Claimed
NetSpend has claimed their business profile
Write a review File a complaint

NetSpend reviews and complaints 821

Newest NetSpend reviews and complaints

S
5:08 pm EST

NetSpend Provision credit

NetSpend told me they would offer a 100 dollar provisions reimbursement to my account. Today I checked m my balance and it was only 31.00. wow so you allow my money to be taken and in return give me 30 bucks out of 100?! This is Robin Peter to pay Paul.

Plus they sent me multiple cards for what? I'm going to close my account and refer this to the legal team for further review

Claimed loss: 100.02

Desired outcome: Provide me the rest of the provider credits totals 70 or release the hold off the account so my money goes back

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified NetSpend representatives only. If you are affiliated with NetSpend, please claim your business to access these details.

5:26 pm EST

NetSpend Netspend Reloadable Card

I purchased a reloadable card for my daughter and she put $100 on it got home to activate it for her and was told I couldn't activate it because I was -$189 and I've never even used netspend before. They refuse to give me a refund. They keep telling me my account is -189, I asked if my husband could activate the card in his name and they tell me no so they now canceled the card and I'm out of $100.

Desired outcome: Please refund d

D
11:11 am EST

NetSpend - Checking account

On January 31, 2024 I called due to fraudulent charges from my checking account. I called immediately, same day, the fraudulent transactions showed up. At the time they were pending and I informed customer service they were not my charges and to stop the pending transactions, but the customer service representative said she would not put a stop on the...

2:39 pm EST

NetSpend - NetSpend debit card

I had a deposit into my account last night total was 160.00. I've been waiting for this to come for two years. So I went to the ATM to withdrawal money, and it was declined. The next thing you know my account was closed. The rep.i spoke to told me they Do not know why it's closed. That there's no notations! They said we'll send you a check! Nope I will not...

B
6:57 am EST

NetSpend Netspend all access

I had an account with Netspend all access and my wallet was stolen in Mexico. I paused my card and changed my address to a Chula Vista CA general delivery address on my account. I found out it is the wrong address, but Netspend closed my account because I couldn't verify my ID. They said they'd send the check to the address I wanted, which was an updated Chula Vista general delivery address, but they won't send it because I can't verify my address. This is because I have nothing with the address on file on it because I can't mail anything to myself there. I can't receive mail which means I can't verify it and they refuse to sendy check, send my money to another bank account, issue me another card, etc. they're just keeping my money

Claimed loss: 500

Desired outcome: Please refund

7:55 pm EST

NetSpend - Skyline debit card

Two days ago I got a message on my phone app, while trying to obtain my balance. I was unable to sign in and was asked to call [protected]. I called and the representatives were very unprofessional. I explained, and they said that there is a HOLD on my account, but they could not tell me what. They put me on hold three times than swiitched me over to...

11:39 am EST

NetSpend Unauthorized credit card charges

On august 17,2023 there’s was a transaction that I didn’t authorized on Amazon for some kindle books for the amount of 139.18 and that same day got charged the amount but that same day I canceled the order and was told by Amazon I would get a refund for the whole amount to my netspend card I only got 10 transactions of 6.43 but I didn’t get the other half furthermore I filed a dispute for the amount and I got word last months that my dispute was denied and that Amazon had refunded me the money but I only got half furthermore netspend gave me a provisional amount for 139.18 later at the end of November they deducted 139.18 I’m not satisfied with the conclusion.

1:49 pm EST
NetSpend has left an official reply on this complaint.

NetSpend Closed my account and no longer can use net spend

I had my card activated last wwe eek and everything was fine and today I called them because I couldn't get in to my account online and when I called them it took me straight to a rep and they tell me that they closed my account and wouldn't give me a reason why they did it and I can no longer use net spend and they are sending me a $6 check when I had about $200 in it and they want to acres me over and they have been screwing my wife over for the past 4 years and now me my wife has been with me tsp end for almost 25 years now and they wouldn't let her talk to them on the phone when I gave her permission to do it and the rep heard me giving her permission then the supervisor was nice about it and then she said I can't never use net spend anymore so for that I say [censored] NETSPEND¡!

4:32 pm EST

NetSpend My funds and account

Netspend blocked my account for no reason 2 weeks ago and I had to call customer service and find our why. The customer rep informed they reserve the right to tell u why my account is blocked. So I told em how do i open my account again and they said they will email me with instructions to open my account again and it takes 24 hours for me to receive the email. We'll low and behold the next day no email so I call again and they told me the story so I hung up now I'm taking legal action. There commuting theft

Claimed loss: $360

Desired outcome: Please refund

Read full review of NetSpend and 1 comment

1 comment
Icemangoodguy
, US
Feb 22, 2024 6:41 pm EST

This complaint hasn't been resolved yet. I know this because it simply has not been resolved. It will be resolved once they reactive my account please. Because you just cannot go through someone's account, close it without a valid reason (even stated as to NO NOTATION ON MY ACCOUNT AS TO WHY), and then make me wait an unknown amount of days for a refund check that I probably won't see the light off day.

B
3:20 pm EST

NetSpend Direct Deposit of Social Security Funds

I was a rep payee for my father who passed away on 8/19/23. His social security check was direct deposited into an account I set up for him and Netspend closed the account once notified about his death, and refusing to return the funds back to Social Security. Here it is almost December, and they have not returned the funds. Phone calls to them, I have been placed on hold. and hung up on. I spoke with a supervisor and was hung up on numerous times. I am getting an overpayment letter stating I have to pay the funds back or they will take money from my mothers' social security check to recoup the payment. My mother cannot afford to pay the money back because she is on a fixed income. The fact that a real financial institution would return the funds but Netspend is just holding onto the money says a lot about this shady company.

Claimed loss: $1,500

Desired outcome: I want the funds returned to Social Security or to me so that we can return the funds back to Social Security

Update by Belissa
Dec 01, 2023 9:50 am EST

I reached out to the email address provided, and I will most definitely keep this post updated with the outcome. The fact that I have to go through all of this to get Netspend to return the funds is mind blowing to me. Your money is not safe with this company and to get someone to assist you in customer service is nearly impossible without being disconnected intentionally. I have recorded all the conversations with everyone I have spoken with and will use them as needed. Tjis company is such a joke.

C
2:59 pm EST

NetSpend - Banking

11/18-11/19-11/20-11/21 Net spend allowed a scammer to change my password, more of my information. I was told by the automated system that none of my log in information was correct nor my address. When I noticed something was wrong with account I contacted customer service immediately. Since I've been told, my account is blocked. I filled a dispute, bit I...

Read full review of NetSpend and 1 comment
T
5:20 pm EST

NetSpend Refund

I wrote to netsoend dispute regaurfing my refund per fdic funds are insured and netsoevd said to write fot credit and it ciykd be given they refuse ri stick by the rules yhe customer representing are Ryde refuse ti let me speak to a supervisor and it sounding a hardship this is nir OK please call Mr [protected] I wrote and they nit following rules and cgarfung fees that are nit supppiar ri hr

Desired outcome: My funds and respect from the representative

5:08 am EST

NetSpend Netspend Debit card dispute

Dispute team is a joke, I've been locked out of my account now for two weeks and haven't had a dollar, they just keep telling me to wait until Nov 20 at the earliest, I don't have until Nov 20th, if I don't get my money back and pay my fines I will be going to jail it is that simple, these guys have no care in the world about what people are going through.

Claimed loss: $3000

Desired outcome: $3000 +1500 for hardship

Update by KennySkye
Nov 20, 2023 4:07 pm EST

I was told I would hear from you guys by 11/20/23 at the absolute latest! Well it's 11/20/23 and I still haven't heard anything, so I called you guys this morning and was told it is still under investigation! How long does it take to investigate! I need my money now!

Update by KennySkye
Nov 09, 2023 5:15 am EST

Can't upload anything because I can't access my account to get the information! This the worst!

S
9:01 pm EDT

NetSpend Fraud

Received a netspend card to my address with bogus name: Skylar Crooks. Called # on card to report fraud & turns out they’re the fraudsters. Offshore Customer Support claims this is just a marketing flyer & I should throw it away. Funny how “marketing flyer” included all documents for rates fees, legal process, jury trial waiver, etc….As soon as I mentioned reporting this as fraud he hung up.

D
3:17 pm EDT
NetSpend has left an official reply on this complaint.

NetSpend Netspend let someone move 492.00 off my card to another that I have no ideal about my ca card to another card that I have no ideal w

Three times in a row netspend has let someone move 492.00 off my card that I have no ideal who this person is now I called netspend they told me it would not happen again they put the money back on my but they let it happen again so now I out of almost 500.dollars over this now when I call tell me they have closed out account will not give me no information that I asked. I will never use netspend again I have even emailed dispute documents and no response from them either I worked my butt off for that money

Claimed loss: $492.00

Desired outcome: My money back

3:39 pm EDT
NetSpend has left an official reply on this complaint.

NetSpend Money stolen from my account

On Oct. 14, there were 2 purchases made by T J BABY in the amount of 658.83. My card ending in 5774 was cut off. When I received new card ending in 9567, when I activated it, I had 41.72 charged to FOOT LOCKER, 53.50 TO WE OPEN RETAIL IN MIAMI, 69.55 TO WE OPEN RETAIL MIAMI, 57.25 TO DCF LIQUOR MIAMI, 71.57 COULD NOT UNDERSTAND WHERE, BUT MIAMI ALSO. NONE OF THESE CHARGES ARE MINE. I HAD 1,015 ON THIS CARD, OVER 950.00 was stolen

Claimed loss: 956.76

Desired outcome: I want my money back. This is horrible customer service.

Nov 04, 2023 8:09 pm EDT

Disgusting

Nov 04, 2023 8:43 am EDT

You could care less

Nov 04, 2023 8:42 am EDT

Net spend claiming there is no issue is bull. This money was stolen from my account. Ive filed complaint with ftc, and bbb. I will be contacting attorney general for texas and south carolina. Also, contacting attorney.

2:25 pm EDT

NetSpend - Fraudulent activity

I called netspend when I got text alert about fraudulent charges, customer service rep assured me that my active card (only card) was fine, then got password reset link in my email only to discover that my entire paycheck was gone! My money transferred and 2 fraudulent purchases in large amounts. I call net spend right back and attempt to verify my addre...

G
2:03 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

NetSpend - Locked prepaid account, no access to funds, no access to my personal and financial data.

https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/documents/cases/netspend_stipulated_order_for_permanent_injunction_and_monetary_judgment_3-31-17.pdf I will call you one more time for access to my account, my funds as well as my personal and financial data be made available to me as per this FTC...

12:12 am EDT

NetSpend Netspend Card

So Back In Sept 2023 Eye Purchased A Net Spend Pre Paid Card In The Amount Of 30$ Card No [protected] 09/25 898. Net Spend Denied Account And Stated They Would Send Paper Check 3 Weeks Later No Paper Check So Eye Called Again Provided New Address Not That Intial Address Was Wrong Just Never Received Check. It's Been Roughly 5 Weeks And Still No Paper Check.

Desired outcome: Send Papercheck Or Allow Net Spend Count To Be Opened ASAP And Load Check To Account.

A
2:12 pm EDT

NetSpend all access account

This is the third time in 2023that my money has been withdrawn from my netspend card. I am not happy with this and I am seeking legal action against you. You are not making sure my account is secure. I want all of my money repalaced on my card ASAP. It makes no sense to have to keep going through this . I do not have any money because of it.

Sincerely

Angela r Walker

[protected]@gmail.com

NetSpend In-depth Review

Overview of NetSpend: NetSpend is a popular prepaid debit card provider that offers financial services to individuals and businesses. With a wide range of features and benefits, NetSpend aims to provide convenient and accessible banking solutions.

Services and Products Offered: NetSpend offers a variety of services and products, including prepaid debit cards, direct deposit, mobile banking, online bill pay, and money transfers. These services cater to the needs of individuals who may not have access to traditional banking options.

User Experience and Interface: NetSpend provides a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate. The website and mobile app are designed to make managing finances simple and convenient. Users can easily access their account information, make transactions, and track their spending.

Customer Service and Support: NetSpend offers excellent customer service and support. Their knowledgeable and friendly representatives are available to assist customers with any questions or concerns. They can be reached through phone, email, or live chat, ensuring prompt and efficient assistance.

Account Features and Benefits: NetSpend accounts come with a range of features and benefits, including direct deposit, mobile check deposit, and online bill pay. Users can also set up alerts and notifications to stay updated on their account activity. Additionally, NetSpend offers a rewards program that allows users to earn cashback on qualifying purchases.

Fees and Charges: While NetSpend does have some fees associated with their services, they are transparent about these charges. Users can easily access a fee schedule on their website to understand the costs involved. It is important for users to review and understand these fees before using NetSpend's services.

Security and Privacy Measures: NetSpend prioritizes the security and privacy of their users' information. They employ industry-standard security measures to protect personal and financial data. Additionally, NetSpend offers fraud protection and zero liability for unauthorized transactions, providing users with peace of mind.

Accessibility and Mobile App: NetSpend's mobile app is available for both iOS and Android devices, allowing users to conveniently manage their accounts on the go. The app is user-friendly and offers a seamless experience, making it easy to check balances, make transfers, and view transaction history.

Reliability and Stability: NetSpend has a strong reputation for reliability and stability. With a large customer base and years of experience in the industry, users can trust that their funds will be secure and accessible at all times.

Additional Features and Integrations: NetSpend offers additional features such as budgeting tools, savings accounts, and the ability to link external bank accounts. These integrations enhance the overall banking experience and provide users with more control over their finances.

Pros and Cons: NetSpend's pros include easy account setup, convenient mobile app, and a wide range of services. However, some users may find the fees associated with certain transactions to be a drawback.

User Reviews and Ratings: User reviews and ratings for NetSpend are generally positive. Customers appreciate the ease of use, accessibility, and helpful customer service. However, some users have reported issues with transaction delays or account limitations.

Comparison with Competitors: When compared to its competitors, NetSpend stands out for its user-friendly interface, extensive features, and reliable customer support. However, some competitors may offer lower fees or additional perks that may be more appealing to certain individuals.

Conclusion and Recommendation: Overall, NetSpend is a reputable prepaid debit card provider that offers a range of services and benefits. It is recommended for individuals and businesses looking for convenient and accessible banking solutions. However, users should carefully review the fees and charges associated with NetSpend's services to ensure they align with their financial needs.

How to file a complaint about NetSpend?

Here is a guide on how to file a complaint against NetSpend on ComplaintsBoard.com:

1. Log in or create an account:
- Start by logging into your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you don't have an account, create one to proceed.

2. Navigating to the complaint form:
- Locate and click on the 'File a Complaint' button on the ComplaintsBoard.com website. You can find this button at the top right corner of the website.

3. Writing the title:
- Summarize the main issue with NetSpend in the 'Complaint Title' section.

4. Detailing the experience:
- Provide detailed information about your experience with NetSpend. Include key areas such as transactions, the nature of the issue, steps taken to resolve it, personal impact, and the company's response.

5. Attaching supporting documents:
- Attach any relevant supporting documents to strengthen your complaint. Avoid including sensitive personal data.

6. Filling optional fields:
- Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to state any financial losses and the 'Desired Outcome' field to specify the resolution you are seeking.

7. Review before submission:
- Review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness before submitting it.

8. Submission process:
- Submit your complaint by clicking the 'Submit' button.

9. Post-Submission Actions:
- Regularly check for responses or updates related to your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Ensure each step is clearly defined to effectively guide you through the process of filing a complaint against NetSpend on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact NetSpend customer service

Phone number

+1 (866) 387-7363

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with NetSpend?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with NetSpend Customer Service. Initial NetSpend complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for NetSpend above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about NetSpend. Discuss the issues you have had with NetSpend and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.