NetSpend company logo

NetSpend
reviews & complaints
NetSpend
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

560 complaints
348 resolved 212 unresolved

This account has been claimed by NetSpend customer service / representatives through our verification process.

NetSpend reviews & complaints 41 - 80

NetSpend complaints 560

NetSpend - My account was locked

NetSpend locked my account I called them and they said because it was due to suspicious activity and I didn't do any suspicious activity someone has hacked into my account and now I can't get my IRS money. I have tried to talk to a ton of different agents for netspend to explain and they pretty much don't give a crap. I have children and need my money asap.

NetSpend - Refund check

This NetSpend is the worse card provider to deal with. I have been trying to get a refund check since 10/02/2021, today is Nov 12th 2021. The first time I called Customer service and asked for the refund everything went smooth and a check was mailed and was supposed to get it within 10-14 days.

20 days later no check yet! I called the customer service again then was told check was voided since 14 days passed and i didn't received it. Gave them my mailing address and full name again and another check with going to be sent out on 10/27/2021.

Still no Check yet and every time i call customer service have to stay on the phone for over 2 hours, kept getting transferred from one rep to another and each time have to repeat all my contact information.

Last time i called, 11/12/2021 was told that the accounting department saying no refund due to invalid information. but no details are given in regards to what information are invalid?! I was given some empty promises that NetSpend Global Support team will get hold of me to, which is I highly doubt.

I need my full refund back. and done doing business with this lousy card.

Dec 27, 2021

Class action lawsuit is needed.

NetSpend - Locked out of account

This morning I tried to use my card was notified it was locked due to the fact we tried to order another card . Have been on the phone all morning 11/12/21 trying to get home I have no money on hand to pay for gas, food, or a motel. Spoken with 3 CSR and 2 Supervisor who keep disconnecting my call. Even advised them I was stranded far from home and my husband is a truck driver busy at work.Also bills I paid on line this morning will be sent back as insuffient

Desired outcome: Release my account and pay charges that will be charged to me

NetSpend - NetSpend prepaid bought from dollar general stores

NetSpends customer service people that answer the phone when you call the number and to active ur card and changing the names on them after u give them ur info and card number to active it to there name or just different name so they came use them on line or transfer the money while dollar general must be getting kick backs because neither one is no help this woman named Deshanxra at net spend complaints said they had fixed mine but for 3 weeks now nothing

Desired outcome: Fix my card

Update by peopleperfect535
Nov 10, 2021

I can't even report my card lost becau6 they changed the name on it

NetSpend - Verification

Went to get a netspend card so I can deposit my tax return check on it, I called them and verified, they unlocked my account — and now it is fully locked, I cant even spend the orginal balance on it, they gave me the routing number and checking number, but when I go to log in it says account locked? Ive provided my ssn, id number, old bills, paystubs, and they still arent happy. They made me wait 6 hours to be denied, and now theyre closed and I cant even contact them.

[censored] company all around

Desired outcome: Account unlocked+ check cashed IMMEDIATELY since ive waited almost 2 days

NetSpend - This is the 3rd embarrassing moment dealing with this card

I am Loretta Smiley and this is the 3rd time I tried to use my card which all of my money get direct deposit to the netspend card every week..but it's embarrassing trying to pay for groceries and your card declines..I call netspend to speak with and agent and the 1st call the lady hung up the phone...I'm Changing my direct deposit asap I have been embarrass long enough

Desired outcome: Mad

Dec 27, 2021

I do understand my mom needed heart medicine I would transfer money to her card no problem well the week of Xmas it was they just blocked my account could not buy food or pay bills I canceled the card after several attempts to have it unblocked by sending in my pic of my social and ID they will find something to deny and keep it blocked!

NetSpend - Missing money

My money is missing off my card I would like the problem fixed and my money back right away

Desired outcome: Money back

NetSpend - Prepaid card

I bought a prepaid card from Family dollar for my husband to pay a bill couldn't activate it went back to the store the clerk tried to activate she said give it till tomorrow if it's not activate come back in we call netspend she talked to them and they told my husband to send in documents which he did all day til they continue saying they can't take his id netspend needs to be closed down they're the worst company in the US...

Desired outcome: We want our money back which they refused

NetSpend - account locked

my netspend account is locked because i lack one official document. i have my texas ID but do not have a ssc. i was only able to send a photo copy of my ssc. they have not worked with me on this matter. i have all my stimulas money in my account and need to gain access. i have all i can get and they will not unlock my account. this is very wrong and i need help

Desired outcome: unlock my account

Dec 27, 2021

You may not get help this company does not care they are foreign, India they are selling our information and stealing our money blocking accounts for no reason.

Thank you. We want to get groceries tomorrow am I going to be able to use?

NetSpend - unauthorized debit ATM withdrawl

Ref # [protected], On 9/21/2021 while at work my phone alerted me with two ATM withdrawals that totaled out to 506.00$. These transactions were not made by me. I was at work and can have files pulled to prove it. I immediately contacted Netspend and filed a dispute and had my debit card compromised. After waiting for two weeks and a new debit card, I contacted Netspend to follow up on the claim and was told that, it was found that is was no suspicious activity. I am beyond irritated because I know for a fact I did not make those transactions. I want my money back. I asked netspend customer service repm to speak with an supervisor or transfer me to the dispute team, she refused and came up with every excuse she could think of not to make this happen. I also asked for the corporate office number and was told netspend didn't have one. I will be contacting Better Business Bureau and also a lawyer, to file a law class action suit. It's not even possible to withdraw more than 300.00$ a day through the ATM, I also had my debit card in my possession at the time of these transactions. This has caused me to go in debt and it's not fair to me. I'm starting to believe it's an inside job and that is not okay.

Desired outcome: Refund asap

Dec 27, 2021

Law suit I will join you.

Oct 05, 2021

NetSpend - Flare account

Netspend locked my account randomly and for no reason while I was on the road driving a tractor trailer. They stopped me from buying food, have put my life in danger, and may cost me my job. This would cost my family ALL of our income, and cause us to lose everything we own.

Predictably, they rejected the id they claim to have never received — id that was provided when the account was opened. They claim my social security card must have all four corners visible. In other words, it must be brand new! They want me to turn over bills, my mortgage, the title to my home, and the list goes on and on — just to access my money that they've randomly seized without cause!

Everything we have is at risk now, including my life, and this company couldn't care less. From what I can tell, their "fraud department" doesn't protect against fraud — it perpetrates fraud.

Desired outcome: LET ME HAVE MY MONEY

We need a law suit!

The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

NetSpend - They have blocked my card, and they are also holding my funds because of a fraud text message

I received a text message on October 3rd that someone was using my card to order things online. I responded that I haven't ordered anything. They responded by blocking my card. They told me they would send me a new card in 3 days time. But I told them I needed some money from my account. The lady told me to buy a new card from a store so that they can transfer the money from my old card to the new one. I bought the card and I gave them all the necessary information they needed, and they told me to set a new pin for the card and I did it. They said they were going to transfer the money to the new card but they didn't when I checked the next day. I called back on October 4th and one of the customer representative called Williams was asking me questions which didn't even relate to my account. He finally told me that the questions he asked me I got one of the question wrong. So he can't transfer the money to the new card. I need my money please, help me.

Desired outcome: I want my money back

Dec 27, 2021

Cancel the card go to a bank I had to cancel also my entire check was on my card out of no where blocked!

S

NetSpend - Netspend paypal

I brought a PayPal card and loaded $120 on 8/4/21. We to activate it and was told that I can't have a netspend account. That I was put on a blacklist. Never was told that and I had a netspend Business account that was blocked and I had had it for a rew years. They never told me that they had blocked that account. So ever time I call to get my money back they tell me 7 to 10 business day. It's been over a month and I still have not received my money back.

Desired outcome: My money back

C
Oct 03, 2021

NetSpend - Visa reloadable prepaid card

I strongly recommend that NetSpend be avoided. Buying this card will lock you into a vicious cycle that you will not be able to resolve easily and quickly, due to poor processes on NetSpend's side...

N
The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

NetSpend - netspend debit visa card

i purchased the card on 09/21/21 went to activate on line and was asked to send in a copy of driver lic, SS card and pay stub. i sent them in then i called as what was sent to me in your system. was told it would take 6 hours to get set up. now today at 8:46pm CDT i am told it will take up to 7 days.
so i asked for all of the money i put on with the coast of the card 60.00 + 2.95 total of 62.95 and i was told i am only going to get 55+ some change back. what a rip off. you did not even do what was told to me you would do.

if someone ask me about Net-spend, . don't worry i will tell them to stay away from you as you rip money away from people that work hard for what they get.

why does it take 10 days to get a refund on something that you messed up in the first place?

NetSpend - Prepaid card

My account was blocked and I was unable to use the 138.00 I had on my card. I called the company but they did not help or tell me why my card is being declined and automated system says my card not valid a week after I loaded my money on it. They gave me the run around on the phone for a hour they wouldn't give me a refund or tell me what happened. Netspend stole my money off my card and locked me out my account. Please email me @[protected]@gmail.com. Sincerely Dana

Desired outcome: Refund

Dec 27, 2021

The same issue happened to me I have had this card for four years no issue but now the card was blocked for no reason, I complied with the send in the photo ID and social did not want to but I did it. Still blocked me the fraud kept saying you need to send in another pic of your photo I did 16 pics over a sum of eight days. Still deny. Canceled.

NetSpend - Locked account

I have money in my account and i cant get it because ive got married and changed my name and lost all my belonging in a house fire and cant get the documents they say im required to have got id but my name has been changed sent before an after pics of my social and a proof of address but none of the things i have is good enough how can yall deny me my money my maden name is Emily Jean Britt but now im a Compton i need my money so i can eat and they yall wont unlock my account i did not lock it so it shouldn't be locked

Desired outcome: Need my account unlock

NetSpend - Not willing to activate the card

I called to activate prepaid card that I bought from the gas station and I put 100.00 dollars on it there. When I called the toll free number that netspend prepaid card has which activation number...

NetSpend - Prepaid card

Boycott these shady incompetent buisness crooks. This is not a prepaid card as they say. False advertising money hungry fee mongers. Boycott! You don't believe me? Buy a prepaid card. See how difficult is to actually use by the time your allowed to it after the very intrusive and extensive security protocols to active the damn thing that has your money that you yourself put on the card, they might let you use it stores in person. But nope not online... lol come on people fire your prepaid card manager and get with the time. It's not 90's anymore lol. Lighten up and take your false advertised prepaid card out of stores. People rely on those cards for day to day use. They can't wait three weeks to pass your unnecessary screening bs. Don't worry no one wants to launder 300 dollars a day on your lame cards. Lol. Your whole program needs restructuring. I mean seriously who the hell in their right mind came up with the security protocol and restrictions. Your fees show you greed... sounds like a company on its way out...

Desired outcome: Out of buisness

Netspend, you are a piece of [censored] ! Not even a reputable business, anymore. Believe me, more and more people are finding out just how much of a piece of crap you all are. people inside your doors, wherever that may be in the world, because it's obvious that you guys are from a 3rd world country and probably paid so little that you rip us all off, are turning to using our 16 digit numbers and now you're all getting caught! Haha, the laugh is on you!

People, do not TRUST this place. I won't even dignify them by calling it a business company.

R. H.

Dec 27, 2021

We need a class action law suit blocking Americans account without any reason if you did not call to report it stolen or lost or fraud that you viewed on your card then why just all of a sudden block accounts. Then ask to send in you social card that within it self is fraud no company will require a photo ID of your social because that is fraud! Unless you go into a real bank a gain a real account and leave these made in India BS alone.

NetSpend - All access prepaid card

I am in a horrible bind due to Netspend's decision to lock and not allow me any access to my accounts. This also includes my PayPal prepaid debit card and mobile check cashing. I have been with...

1 2 3  ...  28