MyPrepaidCenter.com / problem with charges

United States Review updated:
Phone: 8888420336

I have a $25 Discover gift card and used it at a restaurant, the server stated that there was on $20.83 left on my never used $25 gift card. I called the Discover number and was told by the Discover CSR that Discover holds back 20% to 50% on cards used at server business (like a restaurant) in case there is a discrepancy with the gratuity. The CSR also told me that if there is no discrepancy, that the $4.17 withheld will be refunded 7 days after the card was used. WHAT DOES DISCOVER HAVE TO DO WITH THE TIP I LEAVE FOR MY SERVER!!! DISCOVER IS, IN REAL LIFE, WITHHOLDING MONEY THAT IS MINE!! Not only is this wrong, I think it may be criminal! If someone takes your money without permission, it is called theft!

• Kamal Kishore Seth's Response, Oct 04, 2018

my card no 5447683077549213 expiring on 12/18
    name on the card KUNAL SETH is not working
    What is the balance

• eleanor dunkavich's Response, Feb 14, 2019

nothing but garbage with this so called gift card

• eleanor dunkavich's Response, Feb 14, 2019

why do they send invalid gift cards?

Li
Jul 31, 2013

Comments

• La
      Aug 29, 2008

1906 carriage Brook Way
    Houston
    Texas
    Phone: 512 970 3231

I have a charge on my Discover for $17.94 on 4/18/10 for Payment Protection which I did not agree to.
    When I called to get it off of my bill I put in my card no, zip, and SS no 3 times before someone answered
    who asked me the same again and said she could do nothing about it. This was at least 30 minutes of my
    time. I have been using Discover as my main card but if this is not cleared up I will cancel it.

• Tj
      Feb 12, 2011
    discover - Member Services
    Discover Financial Services
    Gilbert
    Arizona

This company is a joke. It does not matter how long you have been a customer with them. I had a $10, 000 credit line reduced to $500. Never any missed or late payments. In fact I just paid off a $8400 balance I had with them and this was the reward I received from them. Total fking ###. I wish them and several other banks to just vanish. Fk these losers! Do not do business with them.

• Mo
      Feb 12, 2011

Did they say why they reduced your credit line so drastically? Have you checked your credit report? Maybe they see something you are unaware of? Did you recently make a big purchase, like a car, that could make you appear less capable of paying your bills? Maybe its economy related? Sucks though, I agree.

• Li
      Jul 31, 2013

• Wi
      Aug 03, 2015

My company gave me one of these cards for 25 years of service. Great idea. . .if it worked. Tried to order something from Bed Bath and Beyond. . .which is on the website as being accepted. . .but the card was declined. However. . .it was still charged, and my balance was dropped. So basically, Prepaid takes the money out of the account. . .they just don't pay the merchant. Naturally, the merchant doesn't send the stuff.

I'm not entirely sure that this is a real company. The website is slick, and the card sure looks real, but if all they do is reduce the balance when you try to use it, without actually having to pay anything. . .what do they do? If I ever give-up totally on that whole Heaven business. . .I may try to get into the fake gift card business. I bet it pays quite well.

• Br
    MyPrepaidCenter.com - Fradulent Card Issued
    Fresno
    California

A fraudulent Home Depot pre-paid Mastercard was issued in my name. Card# 5447 6830 4017 8785. I was notified 6/30/18 of fraud directed against my Wells Fargo VISA. The account was closed. on7/13/18 I received the above Home Depot card that I had not authorized or requested.

• Ku
    MyPrepaidCenter.com - Rebate Gift Card
    Skokie
    Illinois

I received a $70 rebate gift card for a Discount Tire Purchase and I am unable to activate it. I tried the website many times from different computers and it does not seem to work. The number on the back of the card allows you to hear the balance but does not allow you to speak to a live person for help. I am very unhappy with this

• Ka
      Aug 14, 2018
    MyPrepaidCenter.com - Need to replace expired card. Cannot login due to 04/18 expiration.

Visa 4027 1500 0019 0169. Exp 04/18
    There should be at least $400 balance. As per terms, these funds do not expire. Can you please issue new card or advise how to resolve this problem. I can't log in nor get customer exercise to answer my phone call as the expiration date if 04/18

• Ta
    MyPrepaidCenter.com - Prepaid Card will not activate

Spent an outrageous amount of money on Continental tires, they sent me a $70 prepaid visa card, which will not activate. I feel like I have been scammed.

MyPrepaidCenter.com - date d'expiration carte Visa Bridgeston
    Repentigny
    Quebec

Bonjour

Je croyais avoir perdu ma carte que j'ai retrouvé ce matin en déménageant mais l'expiration était le 30 juin 2018.

Est-ce possible de recevoir une nouvelle carte ? ou un nouveau délai ?

Jocelyn Perreault
    514-705-+2442

Merci

• To
    MyPrepaidCenter.com - Where am I supposed to find the code
    L’Amable Ontario
    Canada

I filled out all the numbers to activate this card but at the end they ask for a code what code

• Ke
    MyPrepaidCenter.com - Activation

Can not activate a Visa card that needs activation prior to usage

• Wa
      Aug 20, 2018
    MyPrepaidCenter.com - I am complaining about a visa rebate card
    Palmdale
    California

I bought wheels at affordable tire with an anticipated rebate, and when I activated the card the money had been spent. I disputed that they were not my charges. Disputed it again and they sent me a new card but the expiration was expired. I am demanding this gets straightened out. I want my 100 dollar rebate that was promised to me. case #CHS43044

• Su
      Aug 21, 2018
    MyPrepaidCenter.com - my card is expired and I have a balance of $15.92 remaining.
    Canada

Thank you for refunding the balance or advise me on how to redeem the remaining balance.
    My card number is 4023 7100 0644 9002 expiration 02/18. My name is

Subhas Seelochand
    6 Willer Avenue
    Ajax, Ontario
    L1T3P3
    Phone number, 905 426-8706

E-mail address [protected]@rogers.com

Aug 21, 2018
    MyPrepaidCenter.com - activating prepaid visa card
    ThredUP.com

I received the card in lieu of a check from ThredUp for sending them my unwanted apparel items. They sold several and instead of taking credit at their site I chose the prepaid Visa Card. Now I can't activate it.

• Ka

MyPrepaidCenter.com - visa gift card
    Philadelphia
    Pennsylvania
    MyPrepaidCenter.com

No stores on the list except the card

• Ha
      Nov 04, 2018
    MyPrepaidCenter.com - visa gift card

Thank God My Company Changed Gift Card Companies...
    Charge a fee if you don't use, then charge a fee to reissue...my $50 gift cards ended up being $23.15 even though it says on the front of each card-"FUNDS DO NOT EXPIRE"
    I guess you always get to keep the card to remember which brand you never want to give business to!
    Gift Cards are a SCAM!!!

• El
      Feb 26, 2019
    MyPrepaidCenter.com - dr physical
    anthem blue cross

they sent me an invalid visa prepaid card I got a physical at the drs. office and was supposed to get a gift card for twenty five dollars. Try to enter it and was told invalid. Does not expire till 2020 Nothing but a pain. can not get any where to enter it or no phone numbers to call.

• Ca
      Apr 07, 2019
    MyPrepaidCenter.com - Visa prepaid credit card

I bought 4 tires and as a part of a promotion was suppose to be issued a $100 visa card and when went to go use it at several different places and online the card was declined so i go online to look up the balance and it shows $0. I dont understand how this can be when the card was declined and nothing was charged can someone please look into this

• Ta
      Apr 08, 2019
    MyPrepaidCenter.com - Prepaid VISA card

I received a prepaid VISA card from JCPenney in the mail. The instructions told me to go to myprepaidcenter.com but their website is down and I'm unable to activate my card. I will have to try calling them to see if I can activate it that way.

• Sh
      Apr 08, 2019
    MyPrepaidCenter.com - Prepaid Card
    Canada

Trying to activate my prepaid gift card from my phone company and cannot even get into the website to activate it. So pretty much makes the card useless.

What a joke this company is. Why tell you to activate it through a website?
    Most cards you call Visa or Mastercard.

Will be making a complaint to the company that sent it to me.

Apr 21, 2019
    MyPrepaidCenter.com - unable to activate my Visa rebate card

I received my visa debit card today, I went on on line to activate it and I cannot seem to get through to completion of activtion. it says" OOP SOMETHING WENT WRONG."
    it's from MyPrepaidCenter.com . I need your help, contact me.
    Joseph Ouellette
    183 Broad Street
    Plainville, Connecticut 06062
    860-573-1111 or [protected]@aol.com

May 21, 2019
    MyPrepaidCenter.com - prepaid visa issued through an enercare promotion
    Canada

this is more of a cry of help. I read that this card can be used to pay a bill. my bills are paid through my bank but the bank told me that the card is only good for instore purchases? the banks I inquired at were TD and Meridian. Thank you for your help.

• Jt
      May 27, 2019
    MyPrepaidCenter.com - $70.00 reward card from myprepaidcenter.com from Discount Tire

i have tried to use this card several times without sucess. have tried to reach card holder services many and reset pin number, or activate card somehow with no results.
    i feel this card is atotal ripoff!