Menu
Evo Payments International
reviews & complaints

Evo Payments International
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

4 complaints
1 resolved 3 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Evo Payments International. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Z
9:50 am EDT

Evo Payments International - Evo internacional service

Please don't hired this company you will regret. As small business we hired them, we have a ballet academy with less than 20 students, we process only 5 credit cards for month, the rest of the parents pay by checks, they charge us $1000.00 dollars every month for credit card transactions and we have an small business only open in February 2021. Also we close the account and they continue charging after that. because they said if you close your account after the 20th of the month, they will charge you until the 20 th of the following month . Is unbelievable.

Desired outcome: Return the money they charge us after we close the account.

R
8:12 am EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We had the deal with Evo International and in 2013 we have stopped our deals and cancelled all contracts and services. However, this company continued to charge us and sometimes they have sent us the fake bills. So, after 3 years we received the letter from this company. They stated that they didn’t get the termination fee and if we didn’t pay them, they...

H
11:52 pm EDT

Evo Payments International - POS Fault

POS by EVO Canada keeps experiencing technical glitches every now and then. This is has turned into a nightmare for me and my staff. It becomes really difficult to handle customers in my retail store during peak hours.POS by EVO Canada is a pathetically slow machine (got the service last week). I complained about the issue three days ago but it has not been solved by the service provider yet. What should I do?

2 comments
T
Mar 21, 2014 6:01 am EDT

As I was checking the fraud case of my account at Evo Canada, I met with come buffoon online who said to be the CC executive on behalf of the fraud company. That was a simple ### with no brains and started giving me scrap about the fraud that has happened. This is complete nonsense.

D
Dec 16, 2013 1:45 am EST

Peter
Currently I am running an ecommerce shop and using the services of Evo Canada. Whenever I face a problem and try to call, their support staff does not register my complaint. Have planned to change my service provider.

C
8:19 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Evo Payments International - Dont pay reps

This company does not pay their reps... They pay you in the begigining and near the end once you have bring in big accounts, thy "forget" about the bonus they promised you. Also I have never been payed a stat holiday or my vacation. Please avoid this company at all costs. They treat their reps like they treat their customers.. As we can see on many other complain boards and sites. They are unethical and forge signatures just like there us counter parts. Please avoid at all cost! They will make it sound all gravy and then use the gravy to bend youu over and stick it to you

8 comments
S
Apr 03, 2014 6:44 am EDT

Got a PIN pad from EVO Canada. The keys don’t work sometimes and the system goes blank. Pathetic!
The POS system (by EVO Canada) that I use for my restaurant fails frequently. This is damaging my business process, after all the reason why I got the system was to streamline process so I could get revenue. Seems I have wasted my money!

T
Mar 21, 2014 6:01 am EDT

F
Mar 13, 2014 1:02 am EDT

Evo Canada reserves special treatment for those who try to cancel existing contracts. I unfortunately am a victim! Have a small eatery in Montreal and signed up with them a year ago. I decided to end my contract as I wasn’t too happy with the way these guys were handling my merchant account. Almost as though I existed only when they had to send a monthly invoice! Believe it or not it took me more than 3 months to get my agreement cancelled. Meanwhile I had to pay the service charges!

A
Mar 08, 2014 1:03 am EST

Weak and feeble customer support has become synonymous with Evo.

J
Feb 15, 2014 12:06 am EST

Jennifer
EVO Canada’s online payment processing that I have been using for the last one week for my retail website is not working properly ever since it was integrated with the website. Technical expert of the company has fixed it twice but the issue keeps coming up. I think the system is susceptible to virus

R
Jan 23, 2014 3:38 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

wreck
I was recently introduced to Evo’s enterprise payment system by a business colleague. The services seemed fine till we began receiving breach of card security complaints from our customers. Evo did not even recognize the fact that there was a problem. We had to eventually switch to another service provider. But obvious, that we suffered financial losses not to mention the mental harassment.

E
Dec 29, 2012 9:56 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

EVO Canada's reps are on straight commission, there is no holiday pay or stat pay, never has been. I have always been paid my commissions and I pride myself on offering the best customer service to my merchants. As for forging signatures, that is simply not true. The merchant's driver's license is required to be submitted with the application and the signatures must match on every page that needs to be signed. A copy of the contract is sent to the merchant from the customer service department so the merchant would clearly see what their signatures look like. The complainer here cannot spell and there is even a spell checker in this comment area. They obviously do not know company policy. The use of capital letters symbolizes yelling in written text as well. Why are you yelling?

M
Jul 12, 2011 9:36 pm EDT

I had the opposite experience with EVO Canada. I had worked for them for over a year. I am now working for a banking partner and I am grateful for the experience that I have gained working in such a positive environment. They promptly paid my commissions once each merchant was activated and honored all of their promises. Furthermore, they helped me get my current position at my current job.

Evo Payments International contacts