Monroe Tire Muffler / Don't trust them!

Took car there to have old tires replaced with new ones I bought off tire rack. They put a nice scratch on my rim and balanced my tire three separate times and still couldn't get it right. Even though the guy who did it drove it said they were good and balanced they weren't. I got on the highway and had some serious vibration. I finally got tired of dealing with these incompetent idiots that I took it somewhere else and they showed me how far off the tires were out of balance and fixed the problem. Don't go there even if they seem like a good deal.

Pe

Comments

• Mi
      18th of Jun, 2009

The Monroe Muffler shop in Ithaca New York is extremely dishonest. A friend brought a car in for a oil change they overcharged her for the work lied about the quantity the car took ( charged for 5gt. the car only holds 4gt.) the price was what should be for a synthetic. They also but did not get $400.00 worth of work that was not needed i.e. flushing power steering, fuel injection cleaning ect. i am in a automotive related business, these clowns are very fraudulent. It is obvious that the State agency for overseeing this kind of abuse is asleep. I contacted the Attorney Generals office and their reply was they all do it.

• Ka
      28th of Aug, 2009

I should have read these reviews before going to Monroe Tire and Muffler in Ithaca, NY on Elmira Road. I was severely overcharged for the parts on my car and unfortunately, being the good person that I am and the type of person who thinks good of others, I didn't realize this until it was too late (after the 30 day warrantee that Monroe "guarantees"). After 1, 000 miles, I brought my car into my regular mechanic for an oil change and he wouldn't let me leave b/c he said that the my car needed new breaks - work that I had just had done by Monroe!! The work that they had done was a "quick fix" rather than a true repair and I had to PAY TWICE for the same problem because they didn't repair it correctly the first time! Don't make the same mistake I did, please do your research and don't let these people overcharge you and potentially put your life in danger by incorrectly repairing your car. It's so important to spread the word - because it's not just about money at this point...it's about safety.

• Ra
      13th of Sep, 2009

I also took my car to a Monroe Tire and Muffler, in State College, PA. I brought it in because it was breaking down, (the excuse they gave me for why I needed a new ingnition coil, water was getting in and shortcircuiting it) that put me back about 400$. They assured me that I could drive it safely. I drove it about 15 miles and smoke started coming out of the front while I was driving on the highway. I had to get it towed (about 200$, thanks to Monroe). Not only did they put my life and other drivers lives in danger, they also scammed me out of my hard-earned money. I wouldnt take a bicycle to this place. I guess for 400$ I expect a problem to be fixed. DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR TO THESE PEOPLE!

• Af
      21st of Oct, 2009

The Monore In Quincy Massachusetts is HORRIBLE!!! DONT EVER GO THERE They charge to much and the lie about what needs to be fixed with your car

6th of Oct, 2013

If your going for car repairs be very careful of Monroe Auto Care Centers. I went in there knowing what I needed along with a estimated cost. I didn't say anything. the price they were charging for parts were 3 times the cost along with $103.00 per hour for repairs. He then went on to tell me I needed a air filter along with having my lifters cleaned. i kept quiet. A few minutes later i said to him why are you telling me I need these items. You did this work 3 months ago. He didn't know what to say. he said he got confused with somebody else. I previously went there because I had the credit card. I will no longer use them except maybe for a oil change as that is at a decent price.

BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE