Complaints & Reviews

Refuse to give me a refund

Parts Geek sent me a defective product. On June 17, 2020 I ordered a bumper for a 1998 ford condor. The part arrived, and I prepared it to fit on the car. I painted it and primed it, and was very excited. Once I tried it on, the bumper will not fit. There's a huge gap, and there is no way I can drive safely with it on. I have no idea how they would be so irresponsible. If one advertises a part, it should fit that purpose. Now they refuse to return my money. Be careful ordering from this company. It's a complete gamble. If you even try to part to see if it fits, you automatically cannot return it. Horrible company. Avoid it at all costs. I want a refund of my $263.00. They have shady business practices, and make the return procedure unnecessarily difficult. They will send you faulty products and refuse to refund you for them. Now I have a useless part, and I'm down $263. Make it right Parts Geek, make it right!

To put money back in account

on june 12 I ordered headlight assemblies for my 2016 jeep compass on 6/14 THEY TEXTED MEand said that my order was cancelled why I don't know but they have not put the money back in my bank account if I don't have it in my account today I will be forced t call bureo of vestigation or get a lawyer so please don't let me do this .my email is [protected]@yahoo.com or [protected]@gmail.com let me know today thank you

Fuel pump

The fuel pump does't work all the time, the fuel gage wont work at all. Request a refund of the fuel pump and the shipping . I have been trying for 4 days to contact them. they won't answer my emails and they time me out on calls I try to make. They cut me off every 10 minutes while I am waiting. I order it on [protected], Got it installed on [protected]. I think they are stalling me till my 30 day warranty runs out?

• Updated by downrigger · Jun 19, 2020

worse company I have ever tried to work with. I will never use them again.I used them in the past, An had no problem?

Sent wrong part and arrived severely damaged

Ordered a cv axle assembly for my truck, they sent a wrong part, also it is badly damaged and not usable, box...

Sachs clutch kit

I order a clutch kit for my 1984 Porsche 944. Parts geek sent the wrong part to me. I paid $526.73 for the part. I have spent over $2000 dollars in other parts from Parts geek for a restoration project of my 944. I've had tried to contact them multiple time by email as well as by phone with no response. When I finally was able to get through, I was advised By a rude manager Ken, that my request was denied because it has exceeded the days policy for return. I do not want my money back, all I wanted was the correct part. Every time someone answers the phone I would get cut off followed. It takes 15-30 minutes to get a live human voice. The so called Ken said he was a supervisor, I explained my situation and his offer was that he would get me a new part, but I had to pay for both. This is criminal and abusive. And of course before I could respond, he either hang up the call or we got cut off.

AntM1996 Jun 30, 2020

Try complaining to the Better Business Bureau and then the FTC. They have unfair business practices. They suck!

alternator

I ordered an alternator from partsgeek and 7 months after being on my car it went berserk and drained my new...

Drive axle

I put in all information asked, double checked submitted and received wrong parts, emailed they replied said will contact 24 to 48 hours it's been 8 days since no call no email no nothing, 150.00 loss I take it and parts I donot know what they fit on but would of damaged my transmission if i would of tried to put drive axle in on drivers side. With them not responding quickly I chose rock auto to get the correct parts they have arrived and in car already, I donot think I will ever use partsgeek again, a geek nomore!

Quality Of Service

I had my account t compromised, so I mailed in a purchase for some of items. Regrettably, I supposedly call the customer service line; however, it is ironic that these phone calls are not been monitored correctly. I am adamant that being rude to customers should be a no, no. I was taken aback by the way my order was handled as well as my follow-up phone call, which I never received before the company mailed back the payment. The problem is I have been buying from this company for over 10 years. I am very disappointed with the way the customer service line is being handled by a bunch of angry people. I am taking my review elsewhere if this company don't take the time to redeem itself. I am giving you guys 24 hours to get it right!

Shipping

I ordered CHEVY parts, got sent FORD parts. I double checked my order before I submitted it, and after it arrived checked again to make sure I didn't goof up. Filled out a form for the RMA #, it came in an email the next day. I thought, well this isn't too bad. WRONG!! $162 to ship back an $118 dollar part. What kind of Legit Business refuses to pay for return shipping? NO ONE - that's who. Never, and I mean NEVER order from this place.

dee zee truck box.

I ordered a Black Dee Zee truck-box for my son's pickup 2 Jan 2020 and it shipped the same day. Order # 15-[protected]

When it arrived 7 Jan, five days later, the lid would not open because of damage to the back of the lid. The lid was pushed in on the back passenger side and pushed down on top just above that.

After looking closer the shipping box it came in was in pristine condition. That means it was damaged before it was put in the box and was shipped anyway. I submitted a return but wanted to buy it again. After some long research I found a customer service number and complained that the truck-box was now $100 more. the very rude guy on the other end said "And??? that's inflation" and "what do you expect me to do?" after some arguing I got him to order me another one for the same price I ordered. However, I am being charged for shipping on an large item that they damaged and shipped anyway.

I new item arrived today- two days after I made the complaint and looks to be in perfect condition. However, one would expect Partsgeek.com to pay for shipping on a part that they shipped already damaged. below is the return instructions.

[protected]@partsgeek.com

Thu 1/9/2020 10:47 AM

You

Important Return Instructions
You MUST write your RMA number on the shipping label or you may NOT get credit.

Please Read Carefully or you will NOT get credit for your return.

1. If you are returning multiple parts, check below to make sure ALL of the parts being returned are listed.
2. If you return any parts that are not listed below, credit will NOT be issued, no exceptions.
3. If you are returning multiple parts, you MUST send them to the correct address or credit will NOT be issued, no exceptions.
4. You MUST write the return number on the outside of the shipping box.
5. Do not write on the individual branded part boxes. (add RMA to the shipping label and include in box on paper)
6. All used core returns must be returned in the box of the new item.
7. Please SAVE your return tracking number until you receive credit.

---------------------------------------------

Part Number: DZ6163NB
Qty Returning: 1
RMA/Return Authorization: [protected]

lost order

Never received the part I ordered. They can clearly track the UPS code and see that I never received the part I paid for. And when I complain that they should either send me the part I ordered or refund my money, all I get are snotty emails. The "customer service" people are very rude. And you cant actually talk to anyone to get an answer, you have to use their contact form which is not user friendly. Once they had my money, I got no support whatsoever.

poor management and customer service

I was not refunded the full amount that was paid. I was hung up on by Steven. I called back and the lady Edan was rude and argued that I will not be refunded in full. Then the manager said there is t anything she could do. It's bad business. I was expected my full purchase refund. I also paid an editional shipping to have it mailed back. I was treated poorly. And the ripped me off 17 dollars. Very bad business!!!

a/c condenser

Purchased ac condenser for my '92 Mercedes 400E. Part that arrived looked nothing like part that came out...YOU SENT ME AN INCORRECT PART. But rather than check your sources and get it right, I had to pay for return shipping?? Even after sending multiple photos??

I see how you treat your customers, and since you do not accept responsibility for your mistakes, I will never buy from PartsGeek again. BE WARNED, THESE PEOPLE DO NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS!! RUN AWAY!

ordered a timing kit and never received

I ordered a timing kit for my Subaru and after two weeks of not receiving the order, I requested a return of my order and a refund. My order was placed on 7-1-19 and it is now 7-24-19 still no refund and still no parts. partsgeek has a 30 day return policy, but I never got parts so how will I return something I never got? This is absolutely unacceptable by any standards. Very poor business practices.

they did not send complete parts!; now they will not accept my calls!

I ordered a tailgate for my 2012 Chevy Silverado; it was supposed to be a complete kit. Then the customer service person I was placing the order with told me I had to order the handle, tailgate supports and the trim separately. I did and was charged over $366.
They told me I would receive 3 separate packages, I got two. I took the tailgate to my auto repair shop for them to install the tailgate. They opened the packages and I received no handle, no linkage, no latches and no torsion rod; I immediately came home and called partsgeek. Since I had spoken with a customer service rep to place the order I insisted on talking with a real person. I told them I wanted a refund and a shipping label-the parts were junk, all made in Taiwan.
After 2 days of calling, they told me they would send shipping labels. On Monday, I saw where they had refunded all but $97 back on my card. I have not received a shipping label and when I went to call them to find out what is going on with the partial refund, somehow, they have my phone number marked and I cannot get through to them. I had my sister call them from her home line and she was able to follow the prompts and get through. So they have blocked my number.
I am going to contact my cc company and see if they will do anything; I am also writing a complaint about this company to the state attorneys office in their home state. Yes, I found their address, they are a LLC. I am also going to contact the BBB in their area and file a written complaint. Based on this experience, I would suggest no one buy anything over $30 from these people. That way if you can afford to lose the money from the risk of ordering from them ok. If you get the correct part well you are lucky.

return of wrong part #

I ordered from partsgeek webiste putting in all the specification of my vehicle. the Fuel filter it listed for my vehicle turned out was wrong. it took customer service over 3 weeks to respond to my return request. then they denied me shipping costs saying the part sent was not for my vehicle even though it was listed on their site for this vehicle and engine..
I have a ford F750 with engine 3126.. a diesel 7.2L 6 cyl. attached is the picture of the part they recommended and listed for my exact vehicle.. this was not my error and yet they claim it is.. Horrible customer service. .I ended up ordering the part from Ebay for a 10th of the partsgeek cost and was the correct filter.. they refuse the return and shipping costs.

return of wrong part #

partial order

I ordered a camber kit that was supposed to include 4 bolts, 8 cams, 4 nuts, 8 flat washers, and 4 lock washers. I received a box labeled camber kit that had 1 bolt, 2 cams, 1 nut, 2 flat washers, and 1 lock washer. Exactly enough to do 1/2 of one side. This company doesn't allow customer contact for problems or complaints. You MUST submit a ticket. Then you must wait and see if they want to do anything about it. They clam a 24-48 hour reponse time. I've been waiting 4 days now. Regardless of the outcome of your complaint, once you read through their terms you will see that under no circumstances will they reimburse any shipping charges. Even if the problem is entirely their fault. So, if somebody eventually does decide that I should get the other 3/4 of the kit I already paid for, are they going to overcharge me for shipping again? I was charged nearly $10 for shipping on the 1 bolt that I did receive. Local stores sell the complete kit for approximately $40. Instead of saving $10 by purchasing from Parts Geek, I spent over $33 for 1/4 of the parts i need. There were several other parts I was going to order... headlights, tail lights, shocks, heater core, console, door lock actuators, etc. as i am in the process of bringing this truck back to "new" condition. I am so glad that I decided to wait on the other parts until I saw how Parts Geek handled this small order. It really appears that, at least in Parts Geek eyes, "the customer is never right".

upper ball joint

I ordered the lower ball joint for 2000 Chevrolet s-10 2.2, I received the upper ball joint now I have no way...

mirror lh pwr ptm 11-14 200. bin # n29.19.02

This item does not fix my car. Yours has 3 screws but they are not separated equally. Also the plastic base is not a perfect triangle.
I need my money back.
He order number is 15-[protected] and the part number is CH1320335. Price is 68.47 and the total is 82.96.
in your web site shows in the info about that mirror the i will fit in chryslers 200 from 2011 to 2014, mine is a 2012 chrysler 200 LX and it dosent fit. the base in your mirror its no a perfect triangle and the base of mine car it is thats way i need to returned and plaase send me the labor and i will send your mirror back.

parts return

Parts returned, no money refunded. Several attempts made to resolve through contact. Believe the reviews - bad service and very poor communication. I wouldn't recommend anyone ever purchase here unless you just really like hassles and not getting your money back for timely returns of the product they sold you. Check other review sites as well. You can't hide poor service for long and it shows in this case.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices