The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Monro Muffler / Brake & Service — false repairs
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
I took my car in for an oil change on 11/21/09 on a used car I recently purchased. I also asked the manager to check the heater as my heat was not working in my car. He came back 15 minutes later and informed me I had a badly leaking water pump, an oil leak on the valve gasket cover, and my thermostat needed replacing. A total estimate of repairs and labor of $479.97. I became very upset as I am moving cross country in less than two weeks, a fact the manager knew. I informed them I had to come up with the money and would be back. I then took the car to another mechanic who informed me all the statements done by Monro were FALSE. My water pump not only had no leaks, but had no fluids in it, a fact I was not informed of. My oil is NOT leaking, there was a spot of oil on my manifold. And my thermostat is NOT broken, a knob inside was damaged, easily repaired by a screwdriver. This jerk had me almost in tears worried I would have to postpone my move so I could afford repairs I didn't need. I feel he did this because I'm female and I would get it fixed before my trip.
I will NEVER go back here and I am informing everyone I know to not enter this business either.
More Monro Muffler / Brake & Service Complaints & Reviews
- Monro Muffler & Brake - employee abuse
- Monro Muffler - bad customer service
- Monroe Muffler & Brakes - thieves
- Monro Muffler Brake & Service - these people overcharge by a ton for the absolute bare minimum allowed by law
- Monroe Muffler - exhaust system/catalytic converter
- Monro Muffler Brake - air conditioner repair
- Monro Muffler And Brakes - beware
- Monro Muffler Brake - brake lines
- Monroe Muffler Brake - it took me an hour and 15 minutes in order to get a ten minute oil change
- Monro Muffler Brake & Service - unqualified employees