Monroe Mufflerbad service

Mechanic at Monroe Muffler caused damage to struts and strut plates in order to make more money. I took my car in for a wheel alignment and an oil change. I arrived at 7:30 am on September 1, 2008. The mechanic drove my car then placed it on the rack. 2 hours later the mechanic came and told me he would not be able to do an alignment on my car because the front struts were busted and rusted and the strut plates were sticking. I found this hard to believe because I had recently had suspension work done around my entire care. This same mechanic had recently installed a muffler on my car and a comment was made at the time that there had recently been suspension work done. I am truly upset about this transaction and want something done about it. I still have the paperwork for all recent work and witnesses that there was nothing wrong with the struts on my car. Monro wants to charge me another $600 in order to correct the problem which I believe was caused by them.